From: stepore@be.here.now (stepore)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Subject: Re: Marek says "hi"
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 19:08:05 -0800
 by: stepore - Wed, 21 Dec 2022 03:08 UTC

On 12/19/22 23:50, Aragorn wrote:
> Greetings everyone,
>
> As the title of this thread says, our old friend Marek Novotny has
> requested that I'd say "hi" to the people he knew while he was a Usenet
<snip>

Good to know Marek is ok. Hope he's doing well.

And I don't mean to hijack the thread but I hope Cybe R. Wizard is still
around somewhere. Haven't heard from him for a long long while either,
just seemed to vanish too.

> Marek is not monitoring Usenet anymore, and he's also not even using
> GNU/Linux anymore. He got himself an off-the-shelf laptop with
> MS-Windows
<snip>
I mean... I get not wanting to be on Usenet anymore, but not using
Linux? No excuse for that. And Windows now! Only adds insult to injury. :-)

Re: Marek says "hi"

<20221221073140.2d5a316e@nx-74205>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3062&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#3062

From: telcontar@duck.com (Aragorn)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 07:31:40 +0100
 by: Aragorn - Wed, 21 Dec 2022 06:31 UTC

On 20.12.2022 at 19:08, stepore scribbled:

> On 12/19/22 23:50, Aragorn wrote:
> > Greetings everyone,
> >
> > As the title of this thread says, our old friend Marek Novotny has
> > requested that I'd say "hi" to the people he knew while he was a
> > Usenet
>
> Good to know Marek is ok. Hope he's doing well.

He is, yes, but he's living a very different life now. ;)

> And I don't mean to hijack the thread but I hope Cybe R. Wizard is
> still around somewhere. Haven't heard from him for a long long while
> either, just seemed to vanish too.

I haven't seen the Wiz in a long time anymore either, or for that
matter, Wildman, who rewrote one of Marek's scripts in Python, I think.

I was thinking about all of this just the other day.

> > Marek is not monitoring Usenet anymore, and he's also not even using
> > GNU/Linux anymore. He got himself an off-the-shelf laptop with
> > MS-Windows
>
> I mean... I get not wanting to be on Usenet anymore, but not using
> Linux? No excuse for that. And Windows now! Only adds insult to
> injury. :-)

I told him that too. I mean, Windows? How low can you go? :p :p

--
With respect,
= Aragorn =

Re: Marek says "hi"

<to25sc$1e7dd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3064&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#3064

From: dick_holder@man.invalid (Dick_Holder)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 12:58:36 -0500
 by: Dick_Holder - Thu, 22 Dec 2022 17:58 UTC

On 12/21/2022 1:31 AM, Aragorn wrote:
> On 20.12.2022 at 19:08, stepore scribbled:
>
>> On 12/19/22 23:50, Aragorn wrote:
>>> Greetings everyone,
>>>
>>> As the title of this thread says, our old friend Marek Novotny has
>>> requested that I'd say "hi" to the people he knew while he was a
>>> Usenet
>>
>> Good to know Marek is ok. Hope he's doing well.
>
> He is, yes, but he's living a very different life now. ;)

Once one stops tinkering all day with Linux, life gets simpler ;)

>> And I don't mean to hijack the thread but I hope Cybe R. Wizard is
>> still around somewhere. Haven't heard from him for a long long while
>> either, just seemed to vanish too.
>
> I haven't seen the Wiz in a long time anymore either, or for that
> matter, Wildman, who rewrote one of Marek's scripts in Python, I think.

Cyber Nancy figured out spell/grammar checking Usenet wasn't quite as
needed as it once was ;-)

> I was thinking about all of this just the other day.
>
>>> Marek is not monitoring Usenet anymore, and he's also not even using
>>> GNU/Linux anymore. He got himself an off-the-shelf laptop with
>>> MS-Windows
>>
>> I mean... I get not wanting to be on Usenet anymore, but not using
>> Linux? No excuse for that. And Windows now! Only adds insult to
>> injury. :-)
>
> I told him that too. I mean, Windows? How low can you go? :p :p

Windows 11 is damned good, stable, dominating.
Lots of people see the light... the struggle isn't worth it.

No need to answer, just joking.
I remember many of those posters from years ago.
I always liked mach2 better than Marek ;)

--
M15r6
i7-11800H