From: indira@ghandi.net (Indira)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Subject: next tab keyboard sequence
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 20:25:35 +0530
 by: Indira - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 14:55 UTC

Often I google and rightclick open in new tab a dozen (or more) tabs.
Then, in Windows 10, I have to manually click the top of each tab.
If I don't want that particular page, I can control+G to kill it.

That uses the mouse to go to the next tab & the keyboard to kill it.
But how can I skip to the next tab using just a keyboard sequence?

Re: next tab keyboard sequence

<slrnv2cvpf.23d.jj@iridium.wf32df>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3026&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#3026

From: jj@franjam.org.uk (Jim Jackson)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Subject: Re: next tab keyboard sequence
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 15:15:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jim Jackson - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 15:15 UTC

On 2024-04-22, Indira <indira@ghandi.net> wrote:
> Often I google and rightclick open in new tab a dozen (or more) tabs.
> Then, in Windows 10, I have to manually click the top of each tab.
> If I don't want that particular page, I can control+G to kill it.
>
> That uses the mouse to go to the next tab & the keyboard to kill it.
> But how can I skip to the next tab using just a keyboard sequence?

On my Linux system with firefox Ctl-Tab goes foprwar dto next tab,
Ctl-Shift-Tab goes back.

Re: next tab keyboard sequence

<1t69wb05452e9$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3028&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#3028

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 11:59:55 -0500
Sender: V@nguard.LH
 by: VanguardLH - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 16:59 UTC

Indira <indira@ghandi.net> wrote:

> Often I google and rightclick open in new tab a dozen (or more) tabs.
> Then, in Windows 10, I have to manually click the top of each tab.
> If I don't want that particular page, I can control+G to kill it.
>
> That uses the mouse to go to the next tab & the keyboard to kill it.
> But how can I skip to the next tab using just a keyboard sequence?

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/keyboard-shortcuts-perform-firefox-tasks-quickly
Scroll to "Windows & Tabs"

There are so many key shortcuts in Firefox, that you'll unlikely
remember them all, or even half of them. Save the above URL, or save
the web page into a local reference doc file for when you want to check
if there is a key combo for what you want to do.

Re: next tab keyboard sequence

<8efi2j5k5v1il9q370u3flncfegbjncvod@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3033&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#3033

From: NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 13:17:39 -0400
 by: micky - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 17:17 UTC

In alt.comp.software.firefox, on Mon, 22 Apr 2024 20:25:35 +0530, Indira
<indira@ghandi.net> wrote:

>Often I google and rightclick open in new tab a dozen (or more) tabs.

Me too, although usually 5 or fewer.

>Then, in Windows 10, I have to manually click the top of each tab.
>If I don't want that particular page, I can control+G to kill it.

Usually I click on the X or if it's not the tab with focus, right click
on the tab itself, the tab's tab, and Close Tab, but I might like Ctrl-G
better. I'll try it. (even though it's a search shortcut on a couple
programs I use. Will that confuse me?)

>That uses the mouse to go to the next tab & the keyboard to kill it.
>But how can I skip to the next tab using just a keyboard sequence?

Ctrl-tab. Works in many programs

Shift-ctrl-tab Goes backwards.

computers / alt.comp.software.firefox / Re: next tab keyboard sequence