From: monstoor@spammedia.com (Robert)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Subject: Legendary_PC_developer_says_Denuvo_is_“a_punishme
nt_to_the_consumer”
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 19:51:40 +0100
 by: Robert - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 18:51 UTC

Evening all,
<https://www.pcgamesn.com/postal/denuvo>
Quote from the article:
“The inclusion of intrusive DRM softwares [sic] like Denuvo is a choice
that yields an unfair punishment on the consumer,” Running With Scissors
says. “Respect the consumer, make a game they want to play, and you will
never feel the need to fight piracy. The gaming industry deserves a
better future, fight for that.”
Cheers,
--
Rob
"I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational

Re: Legendary PC developer says Denuvo is “a punishment to the consumer”

<ud84l5$24ft0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2892&group=comp.misc#2892

From: no_email@invalid.invalid (Oregonian Haruspex)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Subject: Re: Legendary PC developer says Denuvo
is “a punishment to the consumer”
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 20:56:05 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:zhh6F2cqBIXQLoqU75H0spkVY1Q=
 by: Oregonian Haruspex - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 20:56 UTC

Robert <monstoor@spammedia.com> wrote:
> Evening all,
>
> <https://www.pcgamesn.com/postal/denuvo>
>
> Quote from the article:
> “The inclusion of intrusive DRM softwares [sic] like Denuvo is a choice
> that yields an unfair punishment on the consumer,” Running With Scissors
> says. “Respect the consumer, make a game they want to play, and you will
> never feel the need to fight piracy. The gaming industry deserves a
> better future, fight for that.”
>
> Cheers,

Games are such horrid trash these days that I fail to see why anybody would
play them, let alone go to the trouble of cracking them. I also feel it’s
hilarious because Denuvo is (iirc) Windows only - why would you complain
about a game being abusive toward you if you’ve already shown you don’t
mind abuse by using Windows? We were warned decades ago to avoid
proprietary software. Some of us listened.

Re: Legendary PC developer says Denuvo is “a punishment to the consumer”

<bSTJM.686384$qnnb.639359@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2895&group=comp.misc#2895

Subject: Re:_Legendary_PC_developer_says_Denuvo_is_“a_pu
nishment_to_the_consumer”
Newsgroups: comp.misc
From: rdh@tilde.institute (rdh)
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 00:11:35 -0500
 by: rdh - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 05:11 UTC

On 9/5/23 15:56, Oregonian Haruspex wrote:
> Games are such horrid trash these days that I fail to see why anybody would
> play them, let alone go to the trouble of cracking them.

Well, aside from other people not being you, and thus having different
opinions on what is and isn't trash, some people crack software for the
fun of it.

--
~rdh

Re: Legendary PC developer says Denuvo is “a punishment to the consumer”

<ud9m39$2f529$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2897&group=comp.misc#2897

From: mo01@posteo.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Subject: Re: Legendary PC developer says Denuvo is “a
punishment to the consumer”
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 12:59:53 +0200
 by: Marco Moock - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 10:59 UTC

Am 05.09.2023 um 20:56:05 Uhr schrieb Oregonian Haruspex:

> Robert <monstoor@spammedia.com> wrote:
> > Evening all,
> >
> > <https://www.pcgamesn.com/postal/denuvo>
> >
> > Quote from the article:
> > “The inclusion of intrusive DRM softwares [sic] like Denuvo is a
> > choice that yields an unfair punishment on the consumer,” Running
> > With Scissors says. “Respect the consumer, make a game they want to
> > play, and you will never feel the need to fight piracy. The gaming
> > industry deserves a better future, fight for that.”
> >
> > Cheers,
>
> Games are such horrid trash these days that I fail to see why anybody
> would play them, let alone go to the trouble of cracking them.

For some people the latter is the real challenge.

> We were warned decades ago to avoid proprietary software. Some of us
> listened.

Most don't care even if Windows forces them to create MS accounts,
display ads etc.
Most people don't care when they are abused by software.

Re: Legendary PC developer says Denuvo is “a punishment to the consumer”

<kls8kpF4hkaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2917&group=comp.misc#2917

From: monstoor@spammedia.com (Robert)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
nishment_to_the_consumer”
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 22:18:17 +0100
 by: Robert - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 21:18 UTC

On 05/09/2023 21:56, Oregonian Haruspex wrote:

> Games are such horrid trash these days that I fail to see why anybody would
> play them, let alone go to the trouble of cracking them.

There are some excellent games out there, but not of the AAA variety.
I'm currently really enjoying Baldur's Gate 3 via wine/Proton, but
fortunately it has no DRM.

Ironically, Denuvo works in wine/Proton but some of the cracks don't!

Cheers,