From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Subject: Problem on posts with both html and plain text parts.
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 21:39:59 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Mon, 12 Feb 2024 20:39 UTC

Hi,

I have observed recently that when composing an email that contains both
html and plain text parts, the plain text part is broken: instead of
several lines, lines and paragraphs are put in a single long line, then
wrapped at receiving client; unreadable.

I am not sure when this triggers.

Is this a known issue? Is there something we can do to avoid it?

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Problem on posts with both html and plain text parts.

<uqe0cv$1mr63$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2905&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#2905

From: ahk@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 20:51:43 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 12 Feb 2024 20:51 UTC

Carlos E.R. <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:

>I have observed recently that when composing an email that contains both
>html and plain text parts, the plain text part is broken: instead of
>several lines, lines and paragraphs are put in a single long line, then
>wrapped at receiving client; unreadable.

It sounds like the line boundary is wrong, LF instead of CR LF.

>I am not sure when this triggers.

>Is this a known issue? Is there something we can do to avoid it?

I've seen people compose email in HTML that has no text formatting and
no in-line graphics. Sometimes, just send plain text.

I can't answer your specific question, nor has anyone been able to
figure out why Thunderbird send encoded text at times in lieu of plain
text.

Re: Problem on posts with both html and plain text parts.

<uqe15l$1n2d7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2906&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#2906

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 16:04:51 -0500
 by: Paul - Mon, 12 Feb 2024 21:04 UTC

On 2/12/2024 3:39 PM, Carlos E.R. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have observed recently that when composing an email that contains both html and plain text parts, the plain text part is broken: instead of several lines, lines and paragraphs are put in a single long line, then wrapped at receiving client; unreadable.
>
> I am not sure when this triggers.
>
> Is this a known issue? Is there something we can do to avoid it?

If you have a test email server set up, you might play with this
and see how the output appears on the recipient end. Your sending
end likely has this set True right now.

mailnews.send_plaintext_flowed Boolean (my preference today is False)

The evidence, should also be in the message header, of the message as received.
It should show "format-flowed" or so.

When an "HTML portion" is displayed, I see no reason for that part to
care about the "format-flowed" declaration. But a plain text section
might care about the status of the setting.

Paul

computers / alt.comp.software.thunderbird / Problem on posts with both html and plain text parts.