From: rtr@nospam.invalid (rtr)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gopher
Subject: Re: Is gopher booming now?
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 21:38:50 +0800
 by: rtr - Sun, 28 Nov 2021 13:38 UTC

On Mon, 2 Mar 2020 15:05:46 -0800 (PST)
awsomecat1234321@gmail.com wrote:

> On Monday, March 2, 2020 at 6:33:36 AM UTC-5, Bud Spencer wrote:
> > On Sun, 1 Mar 2020, awsomecat1234321@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > > Because of ISP's going nuts about piracy. Piracy is bad, but
> > > Usenet File Sharing popularity is dropping because everyone is
> > > realizing how bad Piracy is, so that's why we have Netflix. Also
> > > now everyone is using Reddit, Slashdot, and Fark to discuss stuff
> > > going on, and Telnet's and Usenet's good ole forms of discussion
> > > is coming into the hands of Reddit. I hope this gives you a basic
> > > understanding.
> >
> > Your undestanding of things is invalid.
> >

> > /
> > Bud
> > /
> >
> > a1=S0
> > b1=[1..2,'L0L']
> > a2=2*a1
> > a3=S1.4#b1
> > a4=(a2,a3)
> > a5=64*a4
>
> But if you go all around Google Groups' Usenet Archive you will see
> that there are a bunch of people going "I want this movie!" all over
> the place, also; Netflix and Soundcloud are ending the "Pirate" area.
> So just please take my advice.

I doubt piracy will ever end. There will always be a demand for people
who don't want to spend money for content and there will be people who
will do whatever they can to do so.

Also the current trend of increasing web subscriptions for
video-on-demand services is really itching the pirate scratch in me.

Why would I pay $15/month for every media mogul where I want to watch
the latest content from? I can just jump to an indexer and with a decent
usenet provider I will be done in no time. Plus, I get the added value
of actually having the content in my hard drive. That's cool if I
want to go without internet when I'm travelling.

So yeah, it's a long winded way of saying that I don't think piracy
ended or will end.

--
Give them an inch and they will take a mile.

Re: Is gopher booming now?

<sobcmv$1jaa$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=30&group=comp.infosystems.gopher#30

From: pato@thunder.local (Johnatan Duck)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gopher
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 21:09:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Johnatan Duck - Thu, 2 Dec 2021 21:09 UTC

On 2021-11-28, rtr <rtr@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> I doubt piracy will ever end. There will always be a demand for people
> who don't want to spend money for content and there will be people who
> will do whatever they can to do so.
>
> Also the current trend of increasing web subscriptions for
> video-on-demand services is really itching the pirate scratch in me.
>
> Why would I pay $15/month for every media mogul where I want to watch
> the latest content from? I can just jump to an indexer and with a decent
> usenet provider I will be done in no time. Plus, I get the added value
> of actually having the content in my hard drive. That's cool if I
> want to go without internet when I'm travelling.
>
> So yeah, it's a long winded way of saying that I don't think piracy
> ended or will end.

Agreed on all the line. I would like to add that,
these services are often not keeping the content I
like, or maybe they do but you never know when they'll
remove it.

Having my own private copy is much better.

Re: Is gopher booming now?

<20211203145815.5e4f25b6@haraya.local.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=31&group=comp.infosystems.gopher#31

From: rtr@nospam.invalid (rtr)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gopher
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 14:58:15 +0800
 by: rtr - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 06:58 UTC

On Thu, 2 Dec 2021 21:09:51 -0000 (UTC)
Johnatan Duck <pato@thunder.local> wrote:

> On 2021-11-28, rtr <rtr@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> > I doubt piracy will ever end. There will always be a demand for
> > people who don't want to spend money for content and there will be
> > people who will do whatever they can to do so.
> >
> > Also the current trend of increasing web subscriptions for
> > video-on-demand services is really itching the pirate scratch in me.
> >
> > Why would I pay $15/month for every media mogul where I want to
> > watch the latest content from? I can just jump to an indexer and
> > with a decent usenet provider I will be done in no time. Plus, I
> > get the added value of actually having the content in my hard
> > drive. That's cool if I want to go without internet when I'm
> > travelling.
> >
> > So yeah, it's a long winded way of saying that I don't think piracy
> > ended or will end.
>
> Agreed on all the line. I would like to add that,
> these services are often not keeping the content I
> like, or maybe they do but you never know when they'll
> remove it.
>
> Having my own private copy is much better.

Oh for sure! It does annoy me from time to time whenever a series or
movie that I want to watch isn't on Netflix and I'm just reminded that
it's better to just yank it off somewhere rather than pay for a service
that doesn't even have a complete library of stuff that I want to
watch.

And yes. A private copy is certainly much better, it never made any
sense to me to not have a copy of a media that I wanted to read, watch
or listen to.

--
Give them an inch and they will take a mile.

Re: Is gopher booming now?

<80279a8f-28f7-43f9-89a6-57e6e5fa28a7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=156&group=comp.infosystems.gopher#156

Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gopher
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 09:21:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: cssdixieland@gmail.com (CSS Dixieland)
 by: CSS Dixieland - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 16:21 UTC