From: this@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.windows7.general
Subject: Re: Problems with PC Health Check
Date: 20 Oct 2021 15:43:40 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 15:43 UTC

[Crossposted to alt.windows7.general, because as John mentions in
another post, the EaseUS tool runs on Windows 7.]

"J. P. Gilliver (John)" <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 at 09:50:16, Frank Slootweg <this@ddress.is.invalid>
> wrote (my responses usually follow points raised):
> >Fokke Nauta <usenet@solfon.nl> wrote:
> []
> > Some alternatives:
> >
> > Because the (Microsoft) 'PC Health Check' was withdrawn at the time, I
> >used WhyNotWin (on Windows 8.1):
> >
> ><https://github.com/rcmaehl/WhyNotWin11>
> >
> > Besides the GitHub one, there's a similar but more 'polished' one
> >(with a 'wrapper') on the EaseUS site. The name of the .exe file is
> >also whynotwin11.exe, but all lower case, in contrast to the GitHub one,
> >which is WhyNotWin11.exe.
>
> Thanks for those. (For once the github page does have a simple
> download[-the-latest] link, though you have to scroll down to find it.)
> >
> > For some reason, I didn't note down the URL on the EaseUS site, so
> >you'll have to look for it.
>
> https://down.easeus.com/product/why_not_win11 (links directly to
> executable). I couldn't actually find it - I had to chat!

I had another look and you can find it if you search for 'whynotwin'
or 'why not win' via the search box on the home page.

One of the search results is "Windows 11 Checker app - How to check if
your machines can run ...", which points you to

<https://www.easeus.com/landing/solution/windows-11-upgrade.html>

which is the product page for the (paid) "Windows 11 Update
Troubleshooting Toolkit", but that page also mentions the (free)
"Windows 11 Updates Checker" and points to the download you mentioned.