You will lose an important disk file.

computers / alt.comp.software.seamonkey / Reply-to: on Yahoo e-mails??

SubjectAuthor

1

<u091lk$1sdfn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=279&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#279

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: Reply-to: on Yahoo e-mails??
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2023 21:39:48 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 1 Apr 2023 10:39 UTC

I'm currently experiencing problems sending e-mails with my SM M&N
e-mail account (having to set up multi-factor authentication stuff but I
can't be bothered!!) so I'm doing a lot of my E-mail Sending via my
Yahoo e-mail account.

BUT, having to send from my Yahoo account, I'd like any responses to
come back to my SM M&N e-mail account .... but can't see, on the Yahoo
E-mail Compose screen, how to set a 'Reply-To:' address.

If anybody knows how to set a 'Reply-To:' address on a Yahoo email
Compose screen, could they let me know, please.
--
Daniel

Re: Reply-to: on Yahoo e-mails??

<85sfdjyix7.fsf@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=280&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#280

From: dnomhcir@gmx.com (Richmond)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: Re: Reply-to: on Yahoo e-mails??
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2023 11:51:32 +0100
 by: Richmond - Sat, 1 Apr 2023 10:51 UTC

Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> writes:

> I'm currently experiencing problems sending e-mails with my SM M&N
> e-mail account (having to set up multi-factor authentication stuff but
> I can't be bothered!!) so I'm doing a lot of my E-mail Sending via my
> Yahoo e-mail account.
>
> BUT, having to send from my Yahoo account, I'd like any responses to
> come back to my SM M&N e-mail account .... but can't see, on the Yahoo
> E-mail Compose screen, how to set a 'Reply-To:' address.
>
> If anybody knows how to set a 'Reply-To:' address on a Yahoo email
> Compose screen, could they let me know, please.

Is this a question about webmail?

https://uk.help.yahoo.com/kb/new-mail-for-desktop/SLN22036.html

Re: Reply-to: on Yahoo e-mails??

<u0bten$2gh6u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=285&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#285

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2023 22:46:15 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Sun, 2 Apr 2023 12:46 UTC

Richmond wrote on 1/4/23 9:51 pm:
> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> writes:
>
>> I'm currently experiencing problems sending e-mails with my SM M&N
>> e-mail account (having to set up multi-factor authentication stuff but
>> I can't be bothered!!) so I'm doing a lot of my E-mail Sending via my
>> Yahoo e-mail account.
>>
>> BUT, having to send from my Yahoo account, I'd like any responses to
>> come back to my SM M&N e-mail account .... but can't see, on the Yahoo
>> E-mail Compose screen, how to set a 'Reply-To:' address.
>>
>> If anybody knows how to set a 'Reply-To:' address on a Yahoo email
>> Compose screen, could they let me know, please.
>
> Is this a question about webmail?
>
> https://uk.help.yahoo.com/kb/new-mail-for-desktop/SLN22036.html

Well, yes, it is, Richmond .... and I was soooo hopeful ..... except I
don't have the 'Settings Icon' to click on.

Entering "Settings" in the "Search Field" did add a "Settings' drop-down
tab alongside the 'Inbox', 'Contacts', 'Notepad' and 'Calendar' tabs,
however when I select the 'Settings' drop-down, I don't get a 'More
Settings' button to click .... let alone get a 'Mailboxes' button to click.

Hmm!! Did I mention this is a freebie Yahoo E-Mail account. Maybe this
is a restriction Yahoo put on their Freebie accounts. ;-(

Thanks for trying, Richmond.
--
Daniel

Re: Reply-to: on Yahoo e-mails??

<858rfaxwug.fsf@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=286&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#286

From: dnomhcir@gmx.com (Richmond)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2023 14:00:39 +0100
 by: Richmond - Sun, 2 Apr 2023 13:00 UTC

Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> writes:

> Richmond wrote on 1/4/23 9:51 pm:
>> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> writes:
>>
>>> I'm currently experiencing problems sending e-mails with my SM M&N
>>> e-mail account (having to set up multi-factor authentication stuff but
>>> I can't be bothered!!) so I'm doing a lot of my E-mail Sending via my
>>> Yahoo e-mail account.
>>>
>>> BUT, having to send from my Yahoo account, I'd like any responses to
>>> come back to my SM M&N e-mail account .... but can't see, on the Yahoo
>>> E-mail Compose screen, how to set a 'Reply-To:' address.
>>>
>>> If anybody knows how to set a 'Reply-To:' address on a Yahoo email
>>> Compose screen, could they let me know, please.
>> Is this a question about webmail?
>> https://uk.help.yahoo.com/kb/new-mail-for-desktop/SLN22036.html
>>
> Well, yes, it is, Richmond .... and I was soooo hopeful ..... except I
> don't have the 'Settings Icon' to click on.
>
> Entering "Settings" in the "Search Field" did add a "Settings'
> drop-down tab alongside the 'Inbox', 'Contacts', 'Notepad' and
> 'Calendar' tabs, however when I select the 'Settings' drop-down, I
> don't get a 'More Settings' button to click .... let alone get a
> 'Mailboxes' button to click.
>
> Hmm!! Did I mention this is a freebie Yahoo E-Mail account. Maybe this
> is a restriction Yahoo put on their Freebie accounts. ;-(
>
> Thanks for trying, Richmond.

I have a free account too, but I am in the UK.

The settings link takes me here:

https://mail.yahoo.com/d/settings/1?.intl=uk&.lang=en-GB

But I wonder if you are using the old basic webmail and you need to
switch to the new?

Re: Reply-to: on Yahoo e-mails??

<u0c1vm$2hf6v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=287&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#287

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2023 00:03:34 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Sun, 2 Apr 2023 14:03 UTC

Richmond wrote on 2/4/23 11:00 pm:
> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> writes:
>
>> Richmond wrote on 1/4/23 9:51 pm:

>>> Is this a question about webmail?
>>> https://uk.help.yahoo.com/kb/new-mail-for-desktop/SLN22036.html
>>>
>> Well, yes, it is, Richmond .... and I was soooo hopeful ..... except I
>> don't have the 'Settings Icon' to click on.
>>
>> Entering "Settings" in the "Search Field" did add a "Settings'
>> drop-down tab alongside the 'Inbox', 'Contacts', 'Notepad' and
>> 'Calendar' tabs, however when I select the 'Settings' drop-down, I
>> don't get a 'More Settings' button to click .... let alone get a
>> 'Mailboxes' button to click.
>>
>> Hmm!! Did I mention this is a freebie Yahoo E-Mail account. Maybe this
>> is a restriction Yahoo put on their Freebie accounts. ;-(
>>
>> Thanks for trying, Richmond.
>
> I have a free account too, but I am in the UK.
>
> The settings link takes me here:
>
> https://mail.yahoo.com/d/settings/1?.intl=uk&.lang=en-GB
>
> But I wonder if you are using the old basic webmail and you need to
> switch to the new?

Clicking that link just took me back to my usual Yahoo Mail screen with
no "Settings" tab ..... and then I noticed in my browser "Address Bar" ...

https://mail.yahoo.com/b/?.src=ym&reason=unsupported_browser

Could my problem be because of the right hand end of that address
"reason=unsupported_browser"??
--
Daniel

Re: Reply-to: on Yahoo e-mails??

<854jpyxsm3.fsf@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=288&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#288

From: dnomhcir@gmx.com (Richmond)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2023 15:32:04 +0100
 by: Richmond - Sun, 2 Apr 2023 14:32 UTC

Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> writes:

> Richmond wrote on 2/4/23 11:00 pm:
>> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> writes:

>>> Well, yes, it is, Richmond .... and I was soooo hopeful ..... except I
>>> don't have the 'Settings Icon' to click on.
>>>
>>> Entering "Settings" in the "Search Field" did add a "Settings'
>>> drop-down tab alongside the 'Inbox', 'Contacts', 'Notepad' and
>>> 'Calendar' tabs, however when I select the 'Settings' drop-down, I
>>> don't get a 'More Settings' button to click .... let alone get a
>>> 'Mailboxes' button to click.
>>>
>>> Hmm!! Did I mention this is a freebie Yahoo E-Mail account. Maybe this
>>> is a restriction Yahoo put on their Freebie accounts. ;-(
>>>
>>> Thanks for trying, Richmond.
>> I have a free account too, but I am in the UK.
>> The settings link takes me here:
>> https://mail.yahoo.com/d/settings/1?.intl=uk&.lang=en-GB
>> But I wonder if you are using the old basic webmail and you need to
>> switch to the new?
>>
> Clicking that link just took me back to my usual Yahoo Mail screen
> with no "Settings" tab ..... and then I noticed in my browser "Address
> Bar" ...
>
> https://mail.yahoo.com/b/?.src=ym&reason=unsupported_browser
>
> Could my problem be because of the right hand end of that address
> "reason=unsupported_browser"??

Ah, the plot thickens. If you go into about:config then right click on
empty space and select new string, then enter this string:

general.useragent.override.yahoo.com

Then enter this value:

a/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/91.0

You may also need to set this too (new boolean):

general.useragent.complexOverride.moodle

To this value:

True

Then refresh the yahoo page and it should come up like in a modern
browser.

(When I tried to log in to yahoo with seamonkey it told me straight away
before I could even see my email that I had to use a different
browser. But the above settings fix it).

Re: Reply-to: on Yahoo e-mails??

<u0co12$2kll7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=289&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#289

From: winstonmvp@gmail.com (...w¡ñ§±¤ñ)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2023 13:19:41 -0700
 by: ...w¡ñ§±¤ñ - Sun, 2 Apr 2023 20:19 UTC

Richmond wrote on 4/2/2023 7:32 AM:
> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> writes:
>
>> Richmond wrote on 2/4/23 11:00 pm:

>>> I have a free account too, but I am in the UK.
>>> The settings link takes me here:
>>> https://mail.yahoo.com/d/settings/1?.intl=uk&.lang=en-GB
>>> But I wonder if you are using the old basic webmail and you need to
>>> switch to the new?
>>>
>> Clicking that link just took me back to my usual Yahoo Mail screen
>> with no "Settings" tab ..... and then I noticed in my browser "Address
>> Bar" ...
>>
>> https://mail.yahoo.com/b/?.src=ym&reason=unsupported_browser
>>
>> Could my problem be because of the right hand end of that address
>> "reason=unsupported_browser"??
>
> Ah, the plot thickens. If you go into about:config then right click on
> empty space and select new string, then enter this string:
>
> general.useragent.override.yahoo.com
>
> Then enter this value:
>
> a/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/91.0
>
> You may also need to set this too (new boolean):
>
> general.useragent.complexOverride.moodle
>
> To this value:
>
> True
>
> Then refresh the yahoo page and it should come up like in a modern
> browser.
>
> (When I tried to log in to yahoo with seamonkey it told me straight away
> before I could even see my email that I had to use a different
> browser. But the above settings fix it).

That's one option and possibly the easiest to emulate another browser.

I've seen this before with an earlier version of SM. The central point to
setting it up(and its failure to setup) is using SM's browser for
verification.

The alternative(s) for using SeaMonkey to setup the additional 'Send
Only' address in a free Yahoo email acct's 'Settings' for it to appear as
selection in 'Reply-to-address'
1. - Once the verification link is sent to the other email address - Use
another browser(Chrome or Edge of Firefox) to signon on to the other
email address acct web UI(or use the email acct if configured in SM) to
complete the verification option.
Note: The former is suggested, since SM is still seen as a
non-supported browser when using SM mail to click the verify option(which
opens in SM browser) thus preventing an immediate verify option.
or
2. Sign out of Yahoo in SM after adding the alternate 'Send-only' and
using SM browser to approve verifcation(even though it will still show as
unsupported browser). Ensuring 'stay signed on' is disabled for the Yahoo
acct. Close SM, clear its cache, then open SM browser,logon to the Yahoo
account, then configure the alternate email address as the 'Reply-to'
address.
Note: it may take a few hours or longer for the alternate address to
appear as a selectable 'reply-only' option when only using SM for
verification.

--
....w¡ñ§±¤ñ

Re: Reply-to: on Yahoo e-mails??

<u0ef4t$2v5ea$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=292&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#292

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2023 22:00:30 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 3 Apr 2023 12:00 UTC

Richmond wrote on 3/4/23 12:32 am:
> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> writes:
>
>> Richmond wrote on 2/4/23 11:00 pm:

Well, yes, it is, Richmond .... and I was soooo hopeful ..... except I

>>> I have a free account too, but I am in the UK. The settings link
>>> takes me here:
>>> https://mail.yahoo.com/d/settings/1?.intl=uk&.lang=en-GB But I
>>> wonder if you are using the old basic webmail and you need to
>>> switch to the new?
>>>
>> Clicking that link just took me back to my usual Yahoo Mail screen
>> with no "Settings" tab ..... and then I noticed in my browser
>> "Address Bar" ...
>>
>> https://mail.yahoo.com/b/?.src=ym&reason=unsupported_browser
>>
>> Could my problem be because of the right hand end of that address
>> "reason=unsupported_browser"??
>
> Ah, the plot thickens. If you go into about:config then right click
> on empty space and select new string, then enter this string:
>
> general.useragent.override.yahoo.com
>
> Then enter this value:
>
> a/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101
> Firefox/91.0
>
> You may also need to set this too (new boolean):
>
> general.useragent.complexOverride.moodle
>
> To this value:
>
> True
>
> Then refresh the yahoo page and it should come up like in a modern
> browser.
>
> (When I tried to log in to yahoo with seamonkey it told me straight
> away before I could even see my email that I had to use a different
> browser. But the above settings fix it).

Ah!! O.K., I'll give that a go, Thanks, Richmond.

When logging in, selecting my account and selecting my Password, a
screen comes up allowing advising me to use Firefox or (something else,
possibly Chrome) or to continue in BASIC MAIL mode. I've usually
selected Basic Mode.

I guess, after entering your Prefs alteration, I will not see this
screen ..... lets see!!
--
Daniel

Re: Reply-to: on Yahoo e-mails??

<u0efj3$2v7f5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=293&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#293

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2023 22:08:03 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 3 Apr 2023 12:08 UTC

Richmond wrote on 3/4/23 12:32 am:
> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> writes:
>
>> Richmond wrote on 2/4/23 11:00 pm:

except I don't have the 'Settings Icon' to click on.

>>> I have a free account too, but I am in the UK. The settings link
>>> takes me here:
>>> https://mail.yahoo.com/d/settings/1?.intl=uk&.lang=en-GB But I
>>> wonder if you are using the old basic webmail and you need to
>>> switch to the new?
>>>
>> Clicking that link just took me back to my usual Yahoo Mail screen
>> with no "Settings" tab ..... and then I noticed in my browser
>> "Address Bar" ...
>>
>> https://mail.yahoo.com/b/?.src=ym&reason=unsupported_browser
>>
>> Could my problem be because of the right hand end of that address
>> "reason=unsupported_browser"??
>
> Ah, the plot thickens. If you go into about:config then right click
> on empty space and select new string, then enter this string:
>
> general.useragent.override.yahoo.com
>
> Then enter this value:
>
> a/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101
> Firefox/91.0
>
> You may also need to set this too (new boolean):
>
> general.useragent.complexOverride.moodle
>
> To this value:
>
> True
>
> Then refresh the yahoo page and it should come up like in a modern
> browser.
>
> (When I tried to log in to yahoo with seamonkey it told me straight
> away before I could even see my email that I had to use a different
> browser. But the above settings fix it).

Hmm!! When I did the "Copy'n'Paste", the second bit, the ...

a/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/91.0

didn't look quite right .... so I decided to put a 'Mozill' before the
leading 'a/5.0'!! ;-P

I'll get back to you tomorrow!! ;-P
--
Daniel

Re: Reply-to: on Yahoo e-mails??

<u18f7v$b4ne$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=343&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#343

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 18:41:32 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Thu, 13 Apr 2023 08:41 UTC

Richmond wrote on 3/4/23 12:32 am:
> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> writes:
>> Richmond wrote on 2/4/23 11:00 pm:

>>> I have a free account too, but I am in the UK. The settings link
>>> takes me here:
>>> https://mail.yahoo.com/d/settings/1?.intl=uk&.lang=en-GB But I
>>> wonder if you are using the old basic webmail and you need to
>>> switch to the new?
>>>
>> Clicking that link just took me back to my usual Yahoo Mail screen
>> with no "Settings" tab ..... and then I noticed in my browser
>> "Address Bar" ...
>>
>> https://mail.yahoo.com/b/?.src=ym&reason=unsupported_browser
>>
>> Could my problem be because of the right hand end of that address
>> "reason=unsupported_browser"??
>
> Ah, the plot thickens. If you go into about:config then right click
> on empty space and select new string, then enter this string:
>
> general.useragent.override.yahoo.com
>
> Then enter this value:
>
> a/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101
> Firefox/91.0
>
> You may also need to set this too (new boolean):
>
> general.useragent.complexOverride.moodle
>
> To this value:
>
> True
>
> Then refresh the yahoo page and it should come up like in a modern
> browser.
>
> (When I tried to log in to yahoo with seamonkey it told me straight
> away before I could even see my email that I had to use a different
> browser. But the above settings fix it).

Job done, Richmond, thank you very much!! ;-P

(Now to see if a similar fix can fix a problem which I've just started
having with another web-site!!)
--
Daniel

Re: Reply-to: on Yahoo e-mails??

<u18hp4$bg4c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=346&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#346

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 19:24:52 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Thu, 13 Apr 2023 09:24 UTC

Daniel65 wrote on 13/4/23 6:41 pm:
> Richmond wrote on 3/4/23 12:32 am:
>> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> writes:

>>> Clicking that link just took me back to my usual Yahoo Mail screen
>>> with no "Settings" tab ..... and then I noticed in my browser
>>> "Address Bar" ...
>>>
>>> https://mail.yahoo.com/b/?.src=ym&reason=unsupported_browser
>>>
>>> Could my problem be because of the right hand end of that address
>>> "reason=unsupported_browser"??
>>
>> Ah, the plot thickens. If you go into about:config then right click
>> on empty space and select new string, then enter this string:
>>
>> general.useragent.override.yahoo.com
>>
>> Then enter this value:
>>
>> a/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101
>> Firefox/91.0
>>
>> You may also need to set this too (new boolean):
>>
>> general.useragent.complexOverride.moodle
>>
>> To this value:
>>
>> True
>>
>> Then refresh the yahoo page and it should come up like in a modern
>> browser.
>>
>> (When I tried to log in to yahoo with seamonkey it told me straight
>> away before I could even see my email that I had to use a different
>> browser. But the above settings fix it).
>>
> Job done, Richmond, thank you very much!! ;-P
>
> (Now to see if a similar fix can fix a problem which I've just started
> having with another web-site!!)

Nope!! Bummer! ;-( Next fault finding trick .... try the mobile phone!!
--
Daniel

computers / alt.comp.software.seamonkey / Reply-to: on Yahoo e-mails??