From: pbergsagel@shaw.ca (Paul Bergsagel)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: Re: Why is my SeaMonkey crashing randomly a lot these days?
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 23:30:49 -0500
 by: Paul Bergsagel - Sat, 1 Apr 2023 04:30 UTC

Ant wrote:
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-808e8ecd-2f28-4bab-983f-77acc0230330
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-e2b77063-1943-4894-a495-646aa0230331
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-73e46269-eeac-4801-bfc8-96eb10230330
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-15080593-d34b-4f39-a167-eb5ee0230329
> https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-1fe6cfe6-1c72-44a9-ba1c-ca4ff0230328
> etc. I hope someone can figure out what are causing the crashes in my
> updated, 64-bit W10 Pro. PC. I already tried rebooting too! It started
> like over a week ago. I also tried clearing my histories, cookies,
> caches, etc. I don't want lose my Library with bookmarks and their
> custom notes. :(
>
> Any ideas? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

I am not experiencing crashes. I an running WG9s Seamonkey build
2.53.17.b1 on a Mac running MacOS 13.2.1

Possibly there is a bug that doesn't affect Mac builds. Have you tried
making a new user profile? Try downloading WG9s latest beta build--it
is very stable and works well for me AND is not randomly crashing on my Mac.

Re: Why is my SeaMonkey crashing randomly a lot these days?

<Z2ydnTIQkIFLA7X5nZ2dnZfqn_cAAAAA@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=283&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#283

From: ant@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2023 21:15:02 +0000
 by: Ant - Sat, 1 Apr 2023 21:15 UTC

Paul Bergsagel <pbergsagel@shaw.ca> wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> > https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-808e8ecd-2f28-4bab-983f-77acc0230330
> > https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-e2b77063-1943-4894-a495-646aa0230331
> > https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-73e46269-eeac-4801-bfc8-96eb10230330
> > https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-15080593-d34b-4f39-a167-eb5ee0230329
> > https://crash-reports-test.seamonkey-project.org/report/index/bp-1fe6cfe6-1c72-44a9-ba1c-ca4ff0230328
> > etc. I hope someone can figure out what are causing the crashes in my
> > updated, 64-bit W10 Pro. PC. I already tried rebooting too! It started
> > like over a week ago. I also tried clearing my histories, cookies,
> > caches, etc. I don't want lose my Library with bookmarks and their
> > custom notes. :(
> >
> > Any ideas? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
> >
> I am not experiencing crashes. I an running WG9s Seamonkey build
> 2.53.17.b1 on a Mac running MacOS 13.2.1

> Possibly there is a bug that doesn't affect Mac builds. Have you tried
> making a new user profile? Try downloading WG9s latest beta build--it
> is very stable and works well for me AND is not randomly crashing on my Mac.

I was hoping to avoid the new profile. :( I need to figure how to
reproduce this easily.
--
"For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength." --1 Corinthians 1:25. Ant is no longer a COVID19 virgin b4 getting his 6th Moderna (2nd booster vaccine) & after hanging out with mostly unmasked humans recently. Tests confirmed with April Fools.
| |o o| |