From: phamp@mindspring.com (pyotr filipivich)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: Pale moon is confused - too many records to load.
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 08:20:38 -0700
 by: pyotr filipivich - Mon, 11 Oct 2021 15:20 UTC

It seems that Pale Moon "fixed" soemthing and I could not load the
Airtable site where I was running an on-line garage sale.
logging in I got the message:

"This view may be loading slowly due to a large number of records
or fields."

One would think that 46 records would not be "a large number".

The sale being over, I deleted all the record. Logging in I get the
same message:

"This view may be loading slowly due to a large number of records
or fields."

One would also think that zero records would not be "a large
number".

Does anyone have recomendations for an alternative to Pale Moon to
which I can easily port bookmarks etc?

I will admit, this is also a problem which seem to occur after I
moved that computers to the new place, changing ISP in the process.

--
pyotr filipivich
"We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious

Re: Pale moon is confused - too many records to load.

<10hjm19a5pxop.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2774&group=alt.windows7.general#2774

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: Re: Pale moon is confused - too many records to load.
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 11:37:10 -0500
 by: VanguardLH - Mon, 11 Oct 2021 16:37 UTC

pyotr filipivich <phamp@mindspring.com> wrote:

> It seems that Pale Moon "fixed" soemthing and I could not load the
> Airtable site where I was running an on-line garage sale.
> logging in I got the message:
>
> "This view may be loading slowly due to a large number of records
> or fields."
>
> One would think that 46 records would not be "a large number".
>
> The sale being over, I deleted all the record. Logging in I get the
> same message:
>
> "This view may be loading slowly due to a large number of records
> or fields."
>
> One would also think that zero records would not be "a large
> number".
>
> Does anyone have recomendations for an alternative to Pale Moon to
> which I can easily port bookmarks etc?
>
> I will admit, this is also a problem which seem to occur after I
> moved that computers to the new place, changing ISP in the process.

I don't use PaleMoon, so I can't test. Plus, you didn't give a URL to
the site (https://www.airtable.com maybe?), and perhaps a login is
required which I wouldn't have to get whatever is that "workspace" you
are accessing. The https://forum.palemoon.org/ forums probably have a
community more focused on that web browser. I didn't bother to check if
their forums are active enough to bother solicitating help from there.

Just because you don't see all the records doesn't mean you aren't
getting them. You might be seeing just a "view" of some of the records.

If local storage is disable or limited might be cause for not all
records getting downloaded, or hanging on the rest to download. Is DOM
Storage enabled or disabled in PaleMoon? That is local storage used to
hold a *lot* more data than cookies can handle. Indexed DB (database)
is another local storage method to hold even more data. While Firefox
has a dom.indexedDB.enabled setting to enable/disable IndexedDB (I've
never tried disabling it), I don't know if PaleMoon supports IndexedDB.
From https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16736/, seems
Palemoon does support IndexedDB, and Palemoon is a divergent fork of
Firefox that does support IDB, but is it enabled or disabled (if the
feature can be configures, that is) in Palemoon?

If the "fix" was recent, don't they have release notes to tell you what
changed? I found https://www.palemoon.org/releasenotes.shtml. I didn't
bother to review every release to see which might have changes that
would effect the error you notice. Plus, I don't which version of
Palemoon was working for you, and at which new[er] version it started to
cause problems at the web site.

Have you performed a speed test to check what is your bandwidth with
your new ISP, and perhaps compare to what you had before with your prior
ISP?

It's possible the "view" is Javascripted, and the coding is poor causing
excessive looping or waits.

Palemoon supports extensions (https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/).
Many extensions modify the content of the web doc. Have you tried
disabling them all, and restarting Palemoon?

I'm guessing Palemoon supports multiple profiles. Have you tried
creating and using a new Palemoon profile? A new profile would not only
eliminate any extensions you installed in your old profile, but also
removes any config changes or tweaks you made that are different than
the install-time setup.

Re: Pale moon is confused - too many records to load.

<sk1prl$j6o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2775&group=alt.windows7.general#2775

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 12:47:30 -0400
 by: Paul - Mon, 11 Oct 2021 16:47 UTC

On 10/11/2021 11:20 AM, pyotr filipivich wrote:
> It seems that Pale Moon "fixed" soemthing and I could not load the
> Airtable site where I was running an on-line garage sale.
> logging in I got the message:
>
> "This view may be loading slowly due to a large number of records
> or fields."
>
> One would think that 46 records would not be "a large number".
>
> The sale being over, I deleted all the record. Logging in I get the
> same message:
>
> "This view may be loading slowly due to a large number of records
> or fields."
>
> One would also think that zero records would not be "a large
> number".
>
> Does anyone have recomendations for an alternative to Pale Moon to
> which I can easily port bookmarks etc?
>
> I will admit, this is also a problem which seem to occur after I
> moved that computers to the new place, changing ISP in the process.

Is this web code (.js) which is delivering the message ?

Or is it browser internal code delivering the message ?

Make sure you're blaming the correct party.

I would copy/paste the URL into several browsers and
compare the error messages. If they all deliver the
exact same message, then the message came from the
web site code and not the browser.

The browser can have crude "not responding" code, that
waits for an event to be serviced, and if the script
does not respond in a reasonable time, the "whatta
you wanna do with this script ?" message pops up. In
such cases, the detector code hasn't a clue what was
running at the time. And all it knows is servicing
was "late". It's just a watchdog timer of sorts.

Paul

Re: Pale moon is confused - too many records to load.

<14vh47alsgaj6.1rrmib2oe2mmh$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2789&group=alt.windows7.general#2789

From: jj4public@gmail.com (JJ)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 22:06:41 +0700
 by: JJ - Tue, 12 Oct 2021 15:06 UTC

On Mon, 11 Oct 2021 08:20:38 -0700, pyotr filipivich wrote:
> It seems that Pale Moon "fixed" soemthing and I could not load the
> Airtable site where I was running an on-line garage sale.
> logging in I got the message:

Problems occur not always on your end. It can be due to network or site
problem. It's not uncommon.