From: rob@despammer.com (Rob H)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Subject: Side menu on secondary monitor, how do I get back to primary
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 17:54:09 +0100
 by: Rob H - Thu, 8 Sep 2022 16:54 UTC

I tried the kde desktop for a short while but I didn't like it that much
so I purged it and then re installed the gnome dektop. I also installed
gnome tweaks and have the yaru them.

At some point during me setting my windows back up on the 2 monitors,
the ubuntu side menu was moved to the 2nd monitor!!
I don't know how I did this, but I would like it back on the primary
monitor again.

Thanks

Re: Side menu on secondary monitor, how do I get back to primary

<tfdbh1$pi8n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2638&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#2638

From: rob@despammer.com (Rob H)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 19:16:01 +0100
 by: Rob H - Thu, 8 Sep 2022 18:16 UTC

On 08/09/2022 17:54, Rob H wrote:
> I tried the kde desktop for a short while but I didn't like it that much
> so I purged it and then re installed the gnome dektop. I also installed
> gnome tweaks and have the yaru them.
>
> At some point during me setting my windows back up on the 2 monitors,
> the ubuntu side menu was moved to the 2nd monitor!!
> I don't know how I did this, but I would like it back on the primary
> monitor again.
>
> Thanks

Update:
I had to set the 2nd monitor as Primary, which it isn't, and that put
the sidebar menu back to the other monitor.

The top bar which has the date and time as well as power icon etc is
still on the 2nd monitor. It only goes on the 1st monitor if I set that
as primary, but why won't the side bar go to the 1st or primary monitor
Aaargh!

Re: Side menu on secondary monitor, how do I get back to primary

<tfdf2o$psh1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2639&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#2639

From: rob@despammer.com (Rob H)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 20:16:40 +0100
 by: Rob H - Thu, 8 Sep 2022 19:16 UTC

On 08/09/2022 19:16, Rob H wrote:
> On 08/09/2022 17:54, Rob H wrote:
>> I tried the kde desktop for a short while but I didn't like it that
>> much so I purged it and then re installed the gnome dektop. I also
>> installed gnome tweaks and have the yaru them.
>>
>> At some point during me setting my windows back up on the 2 monitors,
>> the ubuntu side menu was moved to the 2nd monitor!!
>> I don't know how I did this, but I would like it back on the primary
>> monitor again.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Update:
> I had to set the 2nd monitor as Primary, which it isn't, and that put
> the sidebar menu back to the other monitor.
>
> The top bar which has the date and time as well as power icon etc is
> still on the 2nd monitor. It only goes on the 1st monitor if I set that
> as primary, but why won't the side bar go to the 1st or primary monitor
> Aaargh!

Ok I found how to get it back to the primary monitor, in setting /
appearance / dock / show on