Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 10:37:56 +0100
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: Can't find on rename
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Sat, 2 Oct 2021 09:37 UTC

When I rename (including from "New Folder" on creating one), I get a box
saying

Could not find this item

This is no longer located in (parent folder). Verify the item's
location and try again.

Folder icon New folder
Date created 2021-10-2 10:25

Try Again Cancel

(Obviously that's when creating a new folder; I get the same box but
with detail changes when renaming an existing.)

I click the Try Again button, and all is well - the rename happens - so
it isn't really a problem, just a curiosity.

It may be the result of having installed some third-party utility; at
one time I thought it was one - I forget its name - that let me change
the icon for specific folders, but I uninstalled that as I found I was
never using it, and the problem remains.

It doesn't seem to happen on renaming _files_ (at least, I just tried
one, and it didn't).

Anyone else get this?

Anyone know what causes it?

W7-32 HP

"I hate the guys that criticize the enterprise of other guys whose enterprise
has made them rise above the guys who criticize!" (W9BRD, former editor of
"How's DX?" column in "QST")