A list is only as strong as its weakest link. -- Don Knuth

devel / comp.arch.fpga / Old versions of quartus

SubjectAuthor
* Old versions of quartusChris Adams
+* Re: Old versions of quartusAnssi Saari
|`* Re: Old versions of quartusAdam Górski
| `* Re: Old versions of quartusAdam Górski
|  `- Re: Old versions of quartusdalai lamah
`- Re: Old versions of quartusTheo

1
Old versions of quartus

<a9841bcf-d70e-4946-a024-d0cc8e66ba12n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=262&group=comp.arch.fpga#262

Newsgroups: comp.arch.fpga
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 08:20:40 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Old versions of quartus
From: chris@chrisada.co.uk (Chris Adams)
 by: Chris Adams - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 16:20 UTC

Intel have discontinued old versions or Quartus II.

For my project, I really really need Quartus II 12.0.

Does anyone know of a mirror or a way to obtain old versions? You cannot download from the site anymore.

Chris

Re: Old versions of quartus

<sm0k0e4qwbh.fsf@lakka.kapsi.fi>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=263&group=comp.arch.fpga#263

From: as@sci.fi (Anssi Saari)
Newsgroups: comp.arch.fpga
Subject: Re: Old versions of quartus
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2022 10:27:14 +0200
sha1:aToy/RckWpzYJpvCVb15vMoUlJw=
 by: Anssi Saari - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 08:27 UTC

Chris Adams <chris@chrisada.co.uk> writes:

> Intel have discontinued old versions or Quartus II.
>
> For my project, I really really need Quartus II 12.0.
>
> Does anyone know of a mirror or a way to obtain old versions? You cannot download from the site anymore.

What about asking an FAE? That's usually how I've got old FPGA software
although it hasn't come up for me in since the early noughties. Big part
of that was, I've worked with Altera devices a lot and they used to be
good about this sort of thing. Still, I haven't really worked with
anything older than a Cyclone II recently (meaning last decade) and
looks like that's still supported.

Re: Old versions of quartus

<62039edd$0$488$65785112@news.neostrada.pl>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=264&group=comp.arch.fpga#264

Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 12:00:47 +0100
Newsgroups: comp.arch.fpga
From: gorskiamalpawpkropkapl@xx (Adam Górski)
 by: Adam Górski - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 11:00 UTC

>> Intel have discontinued old versions or Quartus II.
>>
>> For my project, I really really need Quartus II 12.0.
>>
>> Does anyone know of a mirror or a way to obtain old versions? You cannot download from the site anymore.
>
> What about asking an FAE? That's usually how I've got old FPGA software
> although it hasn't come up for me in since the early noughties. Big part
> of that was, I've worked with Altera devices a lot and they used to be
> good about this sort of thing. Still, I haven't really worked with
> anything older than a Cyclone II recently (meaning last decade) and
> looks like that's still supported.

Do you know how to find contact to Intel fpga FAE ?
Not being part of premier intel program of course.
I have tried through Mouser and Avnet. Failed completely.

If you find out , please share.

Adam

Re: Old versions of quartus

<6203a362$0$473$65785112@news.neostrada.pl>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=265&group=comp.arch.fpga#265

Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 12:20:04 +0100
Newsgroups: comp.arch.fpga
From: gorskiamalpawpkropkapl@xx (Adam Górski)
 by: Adam Górski - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 11:20 UTC

W dniu 09.02.2022 o 12:00, Adam Górski pisze:
>>> Intel have discontinued old versions or Quartus II.
>>>
>>> For my project, I really really need Quartus II 12.0.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know of a mirror or a way to obtain old versions? You
>>> cannot download from the site anymore.
>>
>> What about asking an FAE? That's usually how I've got old FPGA software
>> although it hasn't come up for me in since the early noughties. Big part
>> of that was, I've worked with Altera devices a lot and they used to be
>> good about this sort of thing. Still, I haven't really worked with
>> anything older than a Cyclone II recently (meaning last decade) and
>> looks like that's still supported.
>
> Do you know how to find contact to Intel fpga FAE ?
> Not being part of premier intel program of course.
> I have tried through Mouser and Avnet. Failed completely.
>
> If you find out , please share.
>
> Adam

Should be Arrow instead Avnet. My mistake.

Adam

Re: Old versions of quartus

<H7i*5NoGy@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=266&group=comp.arch.fpga#266

From: theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Theo)
Newsgroups: comp.arch.fpga
Date: 09 Feb 2022 11:39:17 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Theo - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 11:39 UTC

Chris Adams <chris@chrisada.co.uk> wrote:
> Intel have discontinued old versions or Quartus II.

Argh, that's annoying. I probably should have cached some copies :-(

We do have random old versions lying around on CD, but I've been disposing
of those since they were all online.

A problem with using old versions is they typically need a licence key:
Altera previously offered free keys for old versions, but I'm not sure if
that's gone too.

> For my project, I really really need Quartus II 12.0.
>
> Does anyone know of a mirror or a way to obtain old versions? You cannot
> download from the site anymore.

Try this:
http://download.altera.com/akdlm/software/acds/12.0sp2/263/standalone/12.0sp2_263_quartus_free_linux.tar.gz
which is the best URL the Wayback Machine can offer me:
https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://download.altera.com/akdlm/software/*

The download URLs are typically fairly predictable, although they change the
formatting periodically. My quartus-install tool:
https://github.com/CTSRD-CHERI/quartus-install

goes back to 13.0sp1 - if I can find out the URLs for older versions I'll
add them (pull requests also welcome). It doesn't currently make much
effort for the Windows versions since we don't have a need for those, but no
reason why that couldn't be added.

Theo

Re: Old versions of quartus

<qdi6e6ah9xzb$.2srmw4nkcrod.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=267&group=comp.arch.fpga#267

From: antonio12358@hotmail.com (dalai lamah)
Newsgroups: comp.arch.fpga
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 12:39:43 +0100
 by: dalai lamah - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 11:39 UTC

Un bel giorno Adam Górski digitò:

>>> What about asking an FAE? That's usually how I've got old FPGA software
>>> although it hasn't come up for me in since the early noughties. Big part
>>> of that was, I've worked with Altera devices a lot and they used to be
>>> good about this sort of thing. Still, I haven't really worked with
>>> anything older than a Cyclone II recently (meaning last decade) and
>>> looks like that's still supported.
>>
>> Do you know how to find contact to Intel fpga FAE ?
>> Not being part of premier intel program of course.
>> I have tried through Mouser and Avnet. Failed completely.
>>
>> If you find out , please share.
>>
>> Adam
>
> Should be Arrow instead Avnet. My mistake.

Have you tried Intel directly? They have product forums:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-High-Level-Design/bd-p/high-level-design
https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA/ct-p/fpga
https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Quartus-Prime-Software/bd-p/quartus-prime-software

--