From: hubops@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: comp.periphs.printers
Subject: ink tank printers - pro / con
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 11:23:11 -0400
 by: hubops@ccanoemail.com - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 15:23 UTC

My Brother HL-3140 colour laser printer has developed a loud
click-click noise - coming from a rear roller-bar that has somehow
begun to shed its <plastic> coating - the clicking noise is from
a small roller as it runs over the bump created by the damaged
plastic coating as it's beginning to peel off.
I'm a bit disappointed - the printer has been excellent over the
~ 8 years of light home use but the problem seems like a
show-stopper.
Any-whoo ... I'm considering an ink-tank type of printer
as a replacement - any advice or comments are welcome.
One model at Costco has caught my interest - for its price and
features Brother J4345.
My concern about all the brands of ink-tank printers is the
durability of the print-head - which in a cheap home printer
would likely mean a new printer rather than a repair.
John T.