From: rodion@mutinybbs.com.remove-9ni-this (Rodion)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs
Subject: BBSes with USENET access
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 15:53:04 -0400
 by: Rodion - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 19:53 UTC

Hi Friends!

I recently learnt some BBSes are still running though nowadays I don't connect
with dialup :) and also learnt some of them provide access to USENET groups,
some groups at leasts. I would like to know better of more BBSes with such
facility and by the way I'm curious how exactly this work. Thanks in advance
and sorry if it is not the proper group for this topic.
--- Synchronet 3.16c-Win32 NewsLink 1.103
MutinyBBS - telnet : mutinybbs.com:2332 - ssh : mutinybbs.com:2232

Re: BBSes with USENET access

<60cafee0bc2f9ca56009a6f6cd5bb986$1@sybershock.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=260&group=alt.bbs#260

From: 3883@sugar.bug (SugarBug)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs
Subject: Re: BBSes with USENET access
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 23:27:25 -0500
 by: SugarBug - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 04:27 UTC

On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 15:53:04 -0400
"Rodion" <rodion@mutinybbs.com.remove-9ni-this> wrote:

> Hi Friends!
>
> I recently learnt some BBSes are still running though nowadays I don't connect
> with dialup :) and also learnt some of them provide access to USENET groups,
> some groups at leasts. I would like to know better of more BBSes with such
> facility and by the way I'm curious how exactly this work. Thanks in advance
> and sorry if it is not the proper group for this topic.
> --- Synchronet 3.16c-Win32 NewsLink 1.103
> MutinyBBS - telnet : mutinybbs.com:2332 - ssh : mutinybbs.com:2232

"Thanks in advance and sorry if it is not the proper group for this topic."

There is no need to apologize. There are options. See these links.

Telnet BBS Guide ::: https://www.telnetbbsguide.com/

Usenet List ::: https://sybershock.com/#usenet

Nova BBS ::: https://news.novabbs.org/

Rocksolid BBS ::: https://rocksolidbbs.com/

Please save this message and links for the next user who may ask.

Copypasta is our tasty digital friend!

--
3883@sugar.bug | sybershock.com | sci.crypt
If a bolshevik bully complains, insult his digestion.

Re: BBSes with USENET access

<utto94$1l1k7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=261&group=alt.bbs#261

From: marc.l@nspm.kooltuo.moc (MarcL)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 06:00:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: MarcL - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 06:00 UTC

"Rodion" <rodion@mutinybbs.com.remove-9ni-this> wrote in

> Hi Friends!
>
> I recently learnt some BBSes are still running though nowadays I don't
> connect with dialup :) and also learnt some of them provide access to
> USENET groups, some groups at leasts. I would like to know better of
> more BBSes with such facility and by the way I'm curious how exactly
> this work. Thanks in advance and sorry if it is not the proper group
> for this topic. --- Synchronet 3.16c-Win32 NewsLink 1.103
> MutinyBBS - telnet : mutinybbs.com:2332 - ssh : mutinybbs.com:2232

A few systems like mine have "echo" areas called out like ALT-BBS or alt-
bbs-ads, etc. One just has to log into the system and set up a user
"account" to be able to start posting. Once you log in switch to Message
Areas on the main menu. From there you can select the news group you
would like to either read or post to. On my system the incoming messages
are pretty thoroughly filtered to root out rubbish and porn.

I invite you to give it a try!
(sursum-corda.com port 23)

--
All the best,
Marc

BBSes with USENET access

<17445467@f148.n2.z21.fsxnet>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=262&group=alt.bbs#262

From: Martin.Kazmaier@f148.n2.z21.fsxnet (Martin Kazmaier)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 00:10:00 +1300
 by: Martin Kazmaier - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 11:10 UTC

Ro> Hi Friends!

Ro> I recently learnt some BBSes are still running though nowadays I don't
Ro> connect with dialup :) and also learnt some of them provide access
Ro> to USENET groups, some groups at leasts. I would like to know better
Ro> of more BBSes with such facility and by the way I'm curious how
Ro> exactly this work. Thanks in advance and sorry if it is not the
Ro> proper group for this topic.
Ro> --- Synchronet 3.16c-Win32 NewsLink 1.103
Ro> MutinyBBS - telnet : mutinybbs.com:2332 - ssh : mutinybbs.com:2232

My news server is at nntp://shsbbs.net:119. Log in at shsbbs.net (telnet or
https) to create an account if you want posting access.

*** THE READER V4.50 [freeware]

Re: BBSes with USENET access

<61fa7114ea2195b85eaf4bdaf6be911e@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=263&group=alt.bbs#263

From: rodion_gork@mail.ru (RodionGork)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 20:19:43 +0000
 by: RodionGork - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 20:19 UTC

Hi Friends!

Thanks a lot for speedy replies! At the moment I was able to try novabbs way directly from the
web-interface though I'm going to learn further how to do it properly via client etc.

As for sursum-corda - was not able to connect yet, shall investigate later whether there is some whimsical network limitation or whatever. With shsbbs connect is fine - shall try to dive into bit
later also as I anyway have much curiosity to see various BBSes, how they fare nowadays and what
games are there by the way :)