https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2581&group=comp.misc#2581

From: voyager55@none.none (voyager55)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 22:43:39 -0400
 by: voyager55 - Wed, 24 May 2023 02:43 UTC

On 3/9/2023 9:22:01 PM, Retrograde wrote:
> From the «monthly payments for the win» department:
> Feed: The Register
> Title: Microsoft to snatch Visio app away from iOS users this summer
> Author: Jeff Burt
> Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2023 08:30:14 -0500
> Link:
> https://go.theregister.com/feed/www.theregister.com/2023/03/08/microsoft_visio_ios/
>
> If you want to use the diagram tool for the long haul, it's going to take a
> subscription
>
> Microsoft giveth and Microsoft taketh away.…

I am sure it has some features for some niche somewhere...but I have been using
draw.io to do basically all of the diagrams I needed to do. Are there really that
many use cases for Visio's particular needs where the people who need it would
either balk at a subscription, or lack a VLSC agreement where Visio is included
anyway?

This was for iOS anyway, so it seems even less of a problem.