Mathematicians practice absolute freedom. -- Henry Adams

computers / comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows / Re: Eudora paid version suddenly not sending out or receiving. I hear the chimes as if receiving but no mail. nothing going out.

SubjectAuthor
* Eudora paid version suddenly not sending out or receiving. I hearKaren
+- Re: Eudora paid version suddenly not sending out or receiving. I hear the chimeDennis Lee Bieber
`- Re: Eudora paid version suddenly not sending out or receiving. I hearDaveH2

1
Eudora paid version suddenly not sending out or receiving. I hear the chimes as if receiving but no mail. nothing going out.

<ba7c06ab-b2a0-4439-b4af-1470f804a6e9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=253&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#253

Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 09:19:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Eudora paid version suddenly not sending out or receiving. I hear
the chimes as if receiving but no mail. nothing going out.
From: kprimack4279@gmail.com (Karen)
 by: Karen - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 16:19 UTC

Eudora paid version suddenly not sending out or receiving. I hear the chimes as if receiving but no mail. nothing going out.

Re: Eudora paid version suddenly not sending out or receiving. I hear the chimes as if receiving but no mail. nothing going out.

<kkk5og5b4sv796btp0j6d99jedjmrmmg5c@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=254&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#254

From: wlfraed@ix.netcom.com (Dennis Lee Bieber)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Subject: Re: Eudora paid version suddenly not sending out or receiving. I hear the chimes as if receiving but no mail. nothing going out.
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 14:21:17 -0400
 by: Dennis Lee Bieber - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 18:21 UTC

On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 09:19:46 -0700 (PDT), Karen <kprimack4279@gmail.com>
declaimed the following:

>Eudora paid version suddenly not sending out or receiving. I hear the chimes as if receiving but no mail. nothing going out.

Enable logging (you might need to activate the "esoteric" plug-in to
get full logging ability). Probably don't need to see "every byte"
sent/received, but you do want to log the negotiation with the server.

Also, have you modified/defined any filters recently? An inadvertent
"catch all" filter at the top of the filter list could be doing anything
with your in/out mail -- including dumping them into the trash.

--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlfraed@ix.netcom.com http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/

Re: Eudora paid version suddenly not sending out or receiving. I hear the chimes as if receiving but no mail. nothing going out.

<0fb34b65-004a-4633-9c86-a1dfc46ddadan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=256&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#256

Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 05:15:29 -0700 (PDT)
the chimes as if receiving but no mail. nothing going out.
From: dave-h@sky.com (DaveH2)
 by: DaveH2 - Thu, 4 Nov 2021 12:15 UTC

On Wednesday, 3 November 2021 at 16:19:47 UTC, Karen wrote:
> Eudora paid version suddenly not sending out or receiving. I hear the chimes as if receiving but no mail. nothing going out.
Any error messages?
How big are your system mailboxes?
The system mailboxes are In, Out, Trash, and Junk.
If they get too big this can cause problems.
If you have a lot of messages in your inbox, try moved as many as you can into other mailboxes and see if that helps.