From: anfi@onet.eu (Andrzej Adam Filip)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.email
Subject: How to fix missing (standard) headers in reported spam?
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 07:37:15 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Andrzej Adam Filip - Fri, 4 Mar 2022 07:37 UTC

I reports spam received in my personal mailboxes at mail servers not
under my control. I report received spam e.g. via spamcop.net.
One server uses custom X-* header for recording envelope sender instead
of pretty standard Return-Path: header.

How should I mark Return-Path: header generated by "email-client"?
Could you suggest something better than the example below?

1: Custom header to mark end of email-client generated headers

<all original email client headers>

2: Custom Received: headers to mark end of email-client generated headers

by localhost with POP3 (fetchmail-6.2.5)
for user@example.com; Thu, 30 Jun 2005 00:14:08 +0100 (BST)
<all original email client headers>

--
A. Filip

computers / news.admin.net-abuse.email / How to fix missing (standard) headers in reported spam?