We come to bury DOS, not to praise it. -- Paul Vojta, vojta@math.berkeley.edu

computers / alt.os.linux.ubuntu / Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbar ends

SubjectAuthor
* Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbar endsAdam
+- Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbarAdam
+* Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at theMarco Moock
|+- Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbar endsOgedei
|`* Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbar endsRay
| `- Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at theMarco Moock
+- Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbarPaul
`* Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbarAlbert Arkwright
 +* Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbarPaul
 |`* Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbarAdam
 | `* Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbarAdam
 |  `* Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbarPaul
 |   `* Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbarAdam
 |    `* Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbarPaul
 |     `* Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbarAdam
 |      `* Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbarPaul
 |       `- Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbarAdam
 `- Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbarAdam

1
Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbar ends

<td5sat$v6l$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2426&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#2426

From: adam@no_thanks.com (Adam)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Subject: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbar ends
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 08:41:16 -0700
 by: Adam - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 15:41 UTC

How to get Up/Down Arrow Buttons to show at Firefox scrollbar ends?

Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbar ends

<td60sb$120m$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2427&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#2427

From: adam@no_thanks.com (Adam)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Subject: Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbar
ends
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 09:58:51 -0700
 by: Adam - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 16:58 UTC

https://i.postimg.cc/mZpQNCDG/Firefox-scrollbar-missing-Up-Down-Arrow-Buttons-at-scrollbar-ends.png

On 08/12/2022 08:41 AM, Adam wrote:

> How to get Up/Down Arrow Buttons to show at Firefox scrollbar ends?

Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbar ends

<20220813104043.78f2861d@ryz>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2428&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#2428

From: mo01@posteo.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Subject: Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the
scrollbar ends
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 10:40:43 +0200
 by: Marco Moock - Sat, 13 Aug 2022 08:40 UTC

Am Freitag, 12. August 2022, um 08:41:16 Uhr schrieb Adam:

> How to get Up/Down Arrow Buttons to show at Firefox scrollbar ends?

I assume the scroll bar is drawn by GTK in Ubuntu, not by FF itself.
Maybe check the settings of it.

Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbar ends

<FHKJK.1286093$Zth9.418770@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2429&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#2429

From: ogedei@pochta.invalid (Ogedei)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 16:05:23 +0600
 by: Ogedei - Sat, 13 Aug 2022 10:05 UTC

Marco Moock wrote:
> Am Freitag, 12. August 2022, um 08:41:16 Uhr schrieb Adam:
>
>> How to get Up/Down Arrow Buttons to show at Firefox scrollbar ends?
>
> I assume the scroll bar is drawn by GTK in Ubuntu, not by FF itself.
> Maybe check the settings of it.

Some GTK themes hide the scrollbar arrows.
Either try a different theme, or see the fixes here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/shimmer-themes/+bug/881472

Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbar ends

<td7vi8$nbb$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2430&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#2430

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
ends
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 06:48:40 -0400
 by: Paul - Sat, 13 Aug 2022 10:48 UTC

On 8/12/2022 11:41 AM, Adam wrote:

> How to get Up/Down Arrow Buttons to show at Firefox scrollbar ends?

Well, my Firefox is completely broken now.

This is how you know you're having fun :-)

Paul

Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbar ends

<td9bvg$1s2i$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2433&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#2433

From: Albert.Arkwright@gmail.com (Albert Arkwright)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
ends
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 00:01:00 +0100
 by: Albert Arkwright - Sat, 13 Aug 2022 23:01 UTC

On 12/08/2022 16:41, Adam wrote:

> How to get Up/Down Arrow Buttons to show at Firefox scrollbar ends?
Perhaps you need to set "Always show scrollbars" in Firefox. Are you
using the latest Firefox? Your TB is quite old so wondered if FF is also
very old. See this image to see what settings I am talking about.

<https://i.imgur.com/xmWunBA.png>

Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbar ends

<td9kif$31tsu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2434&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#2434

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
ends
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 21:53:17 -0400
 by: Paul - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 01:53 UTC

On 8/13/2022 7:01 PM, Albert Arkwright wrote:
> On 12/08/2022 16:41, Adam wrote:
>>
>> How to get Up/Down Arrow Buttons to show at Firefox scrollbar ends?
> Perhaps you need to set "Always show scrollbars" in Firefox. Are you
> using the latest Firefox? Your TB is quite old so wondered if FF is also
> very old. See this image to see what settings I am talking about.
>
> <https://i.imgur.com/xmWunBA.png>

But does "scrollbars" equal "scrollbars with arrows at top and bottom" ?

That is the question.

*******

These are some options Firefox used to have. These are widget styles 0..5
Some of them have arrows at top and bottom, for fine control.

https://media.askvg.com/articles/images8/Different_Styles_Scrollbars_Appearance_Mozilla_Firefox.png

widget.non-native-theme.scrollbar.style 0=Default OS style scrollbar <=== could be GTK on linux
1=MacOSX
2=GTK
3=Android
4=W10
5=W11

This is not the first time the arrows have gone missing.

I tried the GTK.css method and it made no difference.

Paul

Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbar ends

<tdag85$pa0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2435&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#2435

From: adam@no_thanks.com (Adam)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
ends
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 02:45:40 -0700
 by: Adam - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 09:45 UTC

On 08/13/2022 06:53 PM, Paul wrote:
> On 8/13/2022 7:01 PM, Albert Arkwright wrote:
>> On 12/08/2022 16:41, Adam wrote:
>>>
>>> How to get Up/Down Arrow Buttons to show at Firefox scrollbar ends?
>> Perhaps you need to set "Always show scrollbars" in Firefox. Are you
>> using the latest Firefox? Your TB is quite old so wondered if FF is also
>> very old. See this image to see what settings I am talking about.
>>
>> <https://i.imgur.com/xmWunBA.png>
>>

> But does "scrollbars" equal "scrollbars with arrows at top and bottom" ?
>
> That is the question.
>
> *******
>
> These are some options Firefox used to have. These are widget styles 0..5
> Some of them have arrows at top and bottom, for fine control.
>
> https://media.askvg.com/articles/images8/Different_Styles_Scrollbars_Appearance_Mozilla_Firefox.png
>

> widget.non-native-theme.scrollbar.style 0=Default OS style scrollbar
> <=== could be GTK on linux
> 1=MacOSX
> 2=GTK
> 3=Android
> 4=W10
> 5=W11

On my system, that preference shows as Boolean.

> This is not the first time the arrows have gone missing.
>
> I tried the GTK.css method and it made no difference.
>
> Paul

Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbar ends

<tdagqm$vi5$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2436&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#2436

From: adam@no_thanks.com (Adam)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
ends
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 02:55:32 -0700
 by: Adam - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 09:55 UTC

On 08/14/2022 02:45 AM, Adam wrote:
> On 08/13/2022 06:53 PM, Paul wrote:

>>> Perhaps you need to set "Always show scrollbars" in Firefox. Are you
>>> using the latest Firefox? Your TB is quite old so wondered if FF is also
>>> very old. See this image to see what settings I am talking about.
>>>
>>> <https://i.imgur.com/xmWunBA.png>
>>>

>> But does "scrollbars" equal "scrollbars with arrows at top and bottom" ?
>>
>> That is the question.
>>
>> *******
>>
>> These are some options Firefox used to have. These are widget styles 0..5
>> Some of them have arrows at top and bottom, for fine control.
>>
>> https://media.askvg.com/articles/images8/Different_Styles_Scrollbars_Appearance_Mozilla_Firefox.png
>>

>> widget.non-native-theme.scrollbar.style 0=Default OS style scrollbar
>> <=== could be GTK on linux
>> 1=MacOSX
>> 2=GTK
>> 3=Android
>> 4=W10
>> 5=W11
>
> On my system, that preference shows as Boolean.

Deleted the Boolean preference. No luck setting Number preference to 0
or 2.

>> This is not the first time the arrows have gone missing.
>>
>> I tried the GTK.css method and it made no difference.
>>
>> Paul

Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbar ends

<tdah1v$1292$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2437&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#2437

From: adam@no_thanks.com (Adam)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
ends
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 02:59:26 -0700
 by: Adam - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 09:59 UTC

On 08/13/2022 04:01 PM, Albert Arkwright wrote:
> On 12/08/2022 16:41, Adam wrote:
>>
>> How to get Up/Down Arrow Buttons to show at Firefox scrollbar ends?
> Perhaps you need to set "Always show scrollbars" in Firefox. Are you
> using the latest Firefox? Your TB is quite old so wondered if FF is also
> very old. See this image to see what settings I am talking about.
>
> <https://i.imgur.com/xmWunBA.png>

Searching for "scroll". My FF does not have that option.

Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbar ends

<tdaj3p$34g8s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2438&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#2438

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
ends
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 06:34:31 -0400
 by: Paul - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 10:34 UTC

On 8/14/2022 5:55 AM, Adam wrote:

> Deleted the Boolean preference.  No luck setting Number preference to 0 or 2.

An example, showing change to scroll bar that results.

[Picture]

https://i.postimg.cc/k5bdCB6R/about-config-widget.gif

Then compare to some older Firefox.

https://media.askvg.com/articles/images8/Different_Styles_Scrollbars_Appearance_Mozilla_Firefox.png

You can see that "4" makes it the "wide one", but with no arrows.

Which means, perhaps, a theme overrides it and
a theme file needs to have scrollbar entries added.

Paul

Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbar ends

<tdd2iu$kev$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2439&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#2439

From: adam@no_thanks.com (Adam)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
ends
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 02:10:53 -0700
 by: Adam - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 09:10 UTC

On 08/14/2022 03:34 AM, Paul wrote:
> On 8/14/2022 5:55 AM, Adam wrote:
>

>> Deleted the Boolean preference. No luck setting Number preference to
>> 0 or 2.
>
> An example, showing change to scroll bar that results.
>
> [Picture]
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/k5bdCB6R/about-config-widget.gif
>
> Then compare to some older Firefox.
>

> https://media.askvg.com/articles/images8/Different_Styles_Scrollbars_Appearance_Mozilla_Firefox.png
>

> You can see that "4" makes it the "wide one", but with no arrows.

Shows ALL "modified preferences" for "scrollbar"...

https://i.postimg.cc/sgB4kkSh/Firefox-about-config-scrollbar.png

> Which means, perhaps, a theme overrides it and
> a theme file needs to have scrollbar entries added.

Will look into scrollbar theme file. I recall seeing something about
adding script-like lines to <filename>.css ?

> Paul

Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbar ends

<tdd7ia$3jdh1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2440&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#2440

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
ends
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 06:35:56 -0400
 by: Paul - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 10:35 UTC

On 8/15/2022 5:10 AM, Adam wrote:

> Will look into scrollbar theme file.  I recall seeing something about adding script-like lines to <filename>.css ?

That's the basic idea. Maybe a gtk.css file.

But it's a long shot, based on the progress to date.

Paul

Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbar ends

<tddnub$1knb$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2441&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#2441

From: adam@no_thanks.com (Adam)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
ends
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 08:15:22 -0700
 by: Adam - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 15:15 UTC

On 08/15/2022 03:35 AM, Paul wrote:
> On 8/15/2022 5:10 AM, Adam wrote:
>

>> Will look into scrollbar theme file. I recall seeing something about
>> adding script-like lines to <filename>.css ?
>
> That's the basic idea. Maybe a gtk.css file.

Oh, yes-yes-yes, that's the name (gtk.css). But,
I recall that attempt didn't work either, which
is why I didn't look further.

What's the best way to upgrade Firefox without disturbing too many
system files? Which version of Firefox is most stable?

> But it's a long shot, based on the progress to date.
>
> Paul

Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbar ends

<tddr1r$3mpfs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2442&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#2442

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
ends
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 12:08:28 -0400
 by: Paul - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 16:08 UTC

On 8/15/2022 11:15 AM, Adam wrote:
> On 08/15/2022 03:35 AM, Paul wrote:
>> On 8/15/2022 5:10 AM, Adam wrote:
>>

>>> Will look into scrollbar theme file.  I recall seeing something about
>>> adding script-like lines to <filename>.css ?
>>
>> That's the basic idea. Maybe a gtk.css file.
>
> Oh, yes-yes-yes, that's the name (gtk.css).  But,
> I recall that attempt didn't work either, which
> is why I didn't look further.
>
> What's the best way to upgrade Firefox without disturbing too many system files?  Which version of Firefox is most stable?
>

>> But it's a long shot, based on the progress to date.
>>
>>     Paul

The BZIP2 they provide, is not a .deb, so the package manager won't know you have
unpacked this into a folder. There is firefox (script) and firefox (the ELF binary)
in the folder. Examine the script first, to see what it is doing.

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/103.0.2/linux-x86_64/en-US/firefox-103.0.2.tar.bz2

To point to a completely separate profile, there is this hack.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Bypassing_the_Profile_Manager#Creating_a_profile_that_is_not_listed_in_the_Profile_Manager

cd ~/Downloads/firefox_unpacked/firefox

./firefox -profile ~/myprofile # the script should call ./firefox-bin
# if ~/myprofile does not exist, it should mkdir it.

I know something like this is possible, because if you build
a Nightly in your own homedir, there is a folder in there
you can use for running the Nightly, without affecting any
Release versions. The profile for the Nightly is not supposed
to touch the release ones.

The profiles could be stamped with a profile version, such as
52.2ESR or the like, and while a profile can be migrated forward,
I don't know what happens to your passwords if you attempt
to migrate backwards. That's why, best hygiene is to run the
second copy completely separate from existing infrastructure.

The Firefox command line responses are muted and weak as piss,
so don't expect any "warnings" of the normal sort from mis-typing
anything. All you might see is some rubbish about OpenGL or GTK issues.
Building a Debug version of Firefox, may have more messages in it,
but again, don't expect the messages to help exactly.

Paul

Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbar ends

<86lerps826.fsf@rhughes-XPS-9320.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-tickle-me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2443&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#2443

From: rhughes@ray.null.com (Ray)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 18:58:09 +0100
 by: Ray - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 17:58 UTC

Marco Moock <mo01@posteo.de> writes:

> Am Freitag, 12. August 2022, um 08:41:16 Uhr schrieb Adam:
>
>> How to get Up/Down Arrow Buttons to show at Firefox scrollbar ends?
>
> I assume the scroll bar is drawn by GTK in Ubuntu, not by FF itself.
> Maybe check the settings of it.

You can type :

about:config

in the search bar and then accept the warning
that takes you to advanced settings then type scrollbar in the
searchbox.

Good luck there are dozens of options.

But like it warns TAKE CARE.

RayH

Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbar ends

<20220815201822.53e61585@ryz>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2444&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#2444

From: mo01@posteo.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
scrollbar ends
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 20:18:22 +0200
 by: Marco Moock - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 18:18 UTC

Am Montag, 15. August 2022, um 18:58:09 Uhr schrieb Ray:

> about:config
>
> in the search bar and then accept the warning
> that takes you to advanced settings then type scrollbar in the
> searchbox.

The GTK Theme isn't controlled inside FF, it is an OS setting.

Re: Firefox scrollbar missing Up/Down Arrow Buttons at the scrollbar ends

<tduc1o$sor$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2465&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#2465

From: adam@no_thanks.com (Adam)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
ends
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 15:36:40 -0700
 by: Adam - Sun, 21 Aug 2022 22:36 UTC

On 08/15/2022 09:08 AM, Paul wrote:
> On 8/15/2022 11:15 AM, Adam wrote:

>>> That's the basic idea. Maybe a gtk.css file.
>>
>> Oh, yes-yes-yes, that's the name (gtk.css). But,
>> I recall that attempt didn't work either, which
>> is why I didn't look further.
>>
>> What's the best way to upgrade Firefox without disturbing too many
>> system files? Which version of Firefox is most stable?
>>

>>> But it's a long shot, based on the progress to date.
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>

> The BZIP2 they provide, is not a .deb, so the package manager won't know
> you have
> unpacked this into a folder. There is firefox (script) and firefox (the
> ELF binary)
> in the folder. Examine the script first, to see what it is doing.
>
> http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/103.0.2/linux-x86_64/en-US/firefox-103.0.2.tar.bz2
>

> To point to a completely separate profile, there is this hack.
>
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Bypassing_the_Profile_Manager#Creating_a_profile_that_is_not_listed_in_the_Profile_Manager
>

> cd ~/Downloads/firefox_unpacked/firefox
>
> ./firefox -profile ~/myprofile # the script should call
> ./firefox-bin
> # if ~/myprofile does
> not exist, it should mkdir it.
>
> I know something like this is possible, because if you build
> a Nightly in your own homedir, there is a folder in there
> you can use for running the Nightly, without affecting any
> Release versions. The profile for the Nightly is not supposed
> to touch the release ones.
>
> The profiles could be stamped with a profile version, such as
> 52.2ESR or the like, and while a profile can be migrated forward,
> I don't know what happens to your passwords if you attempt
> to migrate backwards. That's why, best hygiene is to run the
> second copy completely separate from existing infrastructure.
>
> The Firefox command line responses are muted and weak as piss,
> so don't expect any "warnings" of the normal sort from mis-typing
> anything. All you might see is some rubbish about OpenGL or GTK issues.
> Building a Debug version of Firefox, may have more messages in it,
> but again, don't expect the messages to help exactly.
>
> Paul

I tried Ubuntu 20.04 LIVE. No scrollbar Up/Down arrow buttons.

Searching Firefox Support for "scrollbar arrow"...

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1375677

Seems like a feature. :-)

Too bad.