From: bob@sick-of-spam.invalid (Bob Latham)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Subject: Setting up an SD card for a pi4
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 18:00:31 +0100
 by: Bob Latham - Mon, 21 Aug 2023 17:00 UTC

I'm trying to get RISCOS running on a Pi4.

I downloaded the image from ROOL. Using a Transcend Card
reader/writer I burnt the RISCOS to a 4GB SD card. I transferred the
reader to a RISCOS machine and both partitions were readable.

Left mouse click, gave me the fat32 partition with about 10 key files
on it.

Right mouse click gave me a normal RISCOS drive including !Boot etc.

At this point I was optimistic, it was looking good.

Transferred the card to the pi4. Connected a monitor to HDMI 0.

Powered up the pi4.

Screen briefly says 1080p top left corner but displays nothing else
just black. Tried a TV and that did the same.

I've used the pi4 a couple of times for music projects with linux,
always worked fine but not for RISCOS.

Any ideas what I've got wrong?

Cheers,

Bob.