"Help save the world!" -- Larry Wall in README

devel / comp.sys.acorn.misc / !Store

SubjectAuthor
* !StoreJohn McCulloch
+- Re: !StoreBrian Howlett
+- Re: !StoreSteve Fryatt
`- Re: !StoreDave

1
!Store

<7841ba12-0c8c-43fd-a7b3-8804c9178763n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=2408&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#2408

Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Date: Tue, 2 May 2023 13:18:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: !Store
From: johnmcculloch1@gmail.com (John McCulloch)
 by: John McCulloch - Tue, 2 May 2023 20:18 UTC

I used to be able to log into !Store, but for some months now it does not seem to be functioning. It constantly reports unable to connect with server. I have tried the advice on the site, but with negative result.
Is it still functioning and if so has the web address changed. I tried to download from the usual site, but the version is dated 2013, the version I have was from 2020.
Thanks in anticipation .....
John

Re: !Store

<efcf6c9e5a.BrianNews@bhowlett.plus.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=2409&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#2409

From: news-spamtrap@brianhowlett.me.uk (Brian Howlett)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Subject: Re: !Store
Date: Tue, 02 May 2023 21:57:58 +0100
 by: Brian Howlett - Tue, 2 May 2023 20:57 UTC

On 2 May, John McCulloch <johnmcculloch1@gmail.com> wrote:

> I used to be able to log into !Store, but for some months now it does not
> seem to be functioning. It constantly reports unable to connect with
> server. I have tried the advice on the site, but with negative result.
> Is it still functioning and if so has the web address changed. I tried to
> download from the usual site, but the version is dated 2013, the version I
> have was from 2020.
> Thanks in anticipation .....
> John

Download from http://www.plingstore.org.uk/exec/ps/download.aw

I have version 1.52 (08 Sep 2022).

There's a "Forgotten password" button on the log-in screen if your
credentials don't work.
--
Brian Howlett - Email to From: address deleted unseen
I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all

Re: !Store

<mpro.ru1y0j00lsqb002qx.news@stevefryatt.org.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=2410&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#2410

From: news@stevefryatt.org.uk (Steve Fryatt)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Date: Tue, 2 May 2023 23:19:36 +0100
 by: Steve Fryatt - Tue, 2 May 2023 22:19 UTC

On 2 May, John McCulloch wrote in message
<7841ba12-0c8c-43fd-a7b3-8804c9178763n@googlegroups.com>:

> I used to be able to log into !Store, but for some months now it does not
> seem to be functioning. It constantly reports unable to connect with
> server. I have tried the advice on the site, but with negative result. Is
> it still functioning and if so has the web address changed.

It's still in the usual place, as far as I know. Have you checked that the
system it's on has internet access at all?

> I tried to download from the usual site, but the version is dated 2013,
> the version I have was from 2020.

The version on the site hasn't been updated for a long time: the first thing
that it does on starting up is fetch the current version and update itself.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/

Re: !Store

<5a9ea0483adave@triffid.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=2411&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#2411

From: dave@triffid.co.uk (Dave)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Date: Wed, 03 May 2023 07:20:10 +0100
 by: Dave - Wed, 3 May 2023 06:20 UTC

In article <7841ba12-0c8c-43fd-a7b3-8804c9178763n@googlegroups.com>,
John McCulloch <johnmcculloch1@gmail.com> wrote:
> I used to be able to log into !Store, but for some months now it does
> not seem to be functioning. It constantly reports unable to connect with
> server. I have tried the advice on the site, but with negative result.
> Is it still functioning and if so has the web address changed. I tried
> to download from the usual site, but the version is dated 2013, the
> version I have was from 2020. Thanks in anticipation ..... John

Just for info...
It's now earlyish AM on the 3rd May, the !Store version I have is 1.52 (08
Sep 2022).
I've logged into my account okay.
Viewed My software okay.

Downloaded an update for an app okay...