From: NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Subject: Sync only the add-ons?
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 19:48:41 -0500
 by: micky - Tue, 30 Jan 2024 00:48 UTC

I'm planning a trip and I created a new empty FF profile for the trip. I
don't want to Sync the tabs and bookmarks but is it possible to Sync
only the Add-ons?

Because one that I like is no longer in the FF add-on "library" (and
another one had a somewhat different name and was hard to find.)

Or will Sync just send over the names of the add-ons and they will still
have to get loaded from the central library?

B) If you can't Sync just add-ons, is there a way to find the one I need
in my harddrive and copy it over, or is it not that simple.

Any chance if I try to sync an add-on that FF doesn't offer anymore, it
will somehow disable it in the instance where it does work? So maybe I
should use option B in the paragraph just above?

Re: Sync only the add-ons?

<up9hik$m9qv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2373&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#2373

From: alan@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Subject: Re: Sync only the add-ons?
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 19:57:56 -0500
 by: Big Al - Tue, 30 Jan 2024 00:57 UTC

On 1/29/24 07:48 PM, micky wrote:
> I'm planning a trip and I created a new empty FF profile for the trip. I
> don't want to Sync the tabs and bookmarks but is it possible to Sync
> only the Add-ons?
>
> Because one that I like is no longer in the FF add-on "library" (and
> another one had a somewhat different name and was hard to find.)
>
> Or will Sync just send over the names of the add-ons and they will still
> have to get loaded from the central library?
>
> B) If you can't Sync just add-ons, is there a way to find the one I need
> in my harddrive and copy it over, or is it not that simple.
>
> Any chance if I try to sync an add-on that FF doesn't offer anymore, it
> will somehow disable it in the instance where it does work? So maybe I
> should use option B in the paragraph just above?

All your add-ons are in an extensions folder in your profile.
You can copy them somewhere, they can be installed via the little gear
icon in the extension tab of thunderbird. "install from file" and point
to the XPI files you copied earlier.
--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Al

Re: Sync only the add-ons?

<3h5jrilklqvfi30c32m2t77qjarpfi44kp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2394&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#2394

From: NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 19:37:32 -0500
 by: micky - Wed, 31 Jan 2024 00:37 UTC

In alt.comp.software.firefox, on Mon, 29 Jan 2024 19:57:56 -0500, Big Al
<alan@invalid.com> wrote:

>On 1/29/24 07:48 PM, micky wrote:
>> I'm planning a trip and I created a new empty FF profile for the trip. I
>> don't want to Sync the tabs and bookmarks but is it possible to Sync
>> only the Add-ons?
>>
>> Because one that I like is no longer in the FF add-on "library" (and
>> another one had a somewhat different name and was hard to find.)
>>
>> Or will Sync just send over the names of the add-ons and they will still
>> have to get loaded from the central library?
>>
>> B) If you can't Sync just add-ons, is there a way to find the one I need
>> in my harddrive and copy it over, or is it not that simple.
>>
>> Any chance if I try to sync an add-on that FF doesn't offer anymore, it
>> will somehow disable it in the instance where it does work? So maybe I
>> should use option B in the paragraph just above?
>>
>All your add-ons are in an extensions folder in your profile.
>You can copy them somewhere, they can be installed via the little gear
>icon in the extension tab of thunderbird. "install from file" and point
>to the XPI files you copied earlier.

Thanks. I'm back from the trip but still using that profile, and this
comes up periodically. I'll do what you said.

computers / alt.comp.software.firefox / Re: Sync only the add-ons?