Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 17:12:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Time for me to throw in towel
From: hikedance@gmail.com (hike...@gmail.com)
 by: hike...@gmail.com - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 00:12 UTC

If the powers that be get back to working on Eudora, I will donate.

However, for now I am switching over to Gmail, which is already running on my devices and who I use for ISP servers.

The sTunnel and the Hermes dlls are a little too confusing for me.
Eudora worked great with sTunnel but somehow I got stuck trying to set up my next computer Eudora with Hermes dlls instead.
Now google says my personality and password are wrong.
Maybe they are, but I am tired of all this configuration stuff.

So . . . . maybe gmail will be a little more tedious, but it is always there working even when I get a new computer. Any device, browser based.

My worries where losing all my folders that really help me catalog my emails, either by hand, or automatically.

Gmail uses "Labels" instead of Folders.
So, my searching of the internet found me this tool for $29:
"BitRecover MBOX to Gmail Wizard"
https://www.bitrecover.com/mbox-to-gmail/

I opened it up, picked the folders I wanted to keep as labels, and ran it.
It took 20 hours but now all of my Eudora folders, emails, and attachments are sitting there in my Gmail. Time to move on.

(I will still keep my Eudora .mbx folder on my new computer, set to "Work Offline". Searching it will/would be just as easy as opening a folder.

John
Former Eudora Fan

Re: Time for me to throw in towel

<5d1b13ca-8540-422f-b088-e984524e5749n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=237&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#237

Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 21:56:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Time for me to throw in towel
From: gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com (gnuarm.del...@gmail.com)
 by: gnuarm.del...@gmail. - Sat, 2 Oct 2021 04:56 UTC

On Monday, September 20, 2021 at 8:12:23 PM UTC-4, hike...@gmail.com wrote:
> If the powers that be get back to working on Eudora, I will donate.
>
> However, for now I am switching over to Gmail, which is already running on my devices and who I use for ISP servers.
>
> The sTunnel and the Hermes dlls are a little too confusing for me.
> Eudora worked great with sTunnel but somehow I got stuck trying to set up my next computer Eudora with Hermes dlls instead.
> Now google says my personality and password are wrong.
> Maybe they are, but I am tired of all this configuration stuff.
>
> So . . . . maybe gmail will be a little more tedious, but it is always there working even when I get a new computer. Any device, browser based.
>
> My worries where losing all my folders that really help me catalog my emails, either by hand, or automatically.
>
> Gmail uses "Labels" instead of Folders.
> So, my searching of the internet found me this tool for $29:
> "BitRecover MBOX to Gmail Wizard"
> https://www.bitrecover.com/mbox-to-gmail/
>
> I opened it up, picked the folders I wanted to keep as labels, and ran it.
> It took 20 hours but now all of my Eudora folders, emails, and attachments are sitting there in my Gmail. Time to move on.
>
> (I will still keep my Eudora .mbx folder on my new computer, set to "Work Offline". Searching it will/would be just as easy as opening a folder.

Yeah, I'm not quite there yet, but I'm getting to this point as well. I'm looking at a new computer and hate the idea of trying to get all the ancient software ported over with Eudora being the second oldest. Anyone remember Codewright?

Hope Gmail works well for you.

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging