Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 19:04:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Currently stuck switching iTunnel to Hermes dll
From: hikedance@gmail.com (hike...@gmail.com)
 by: hike...@gmail.com - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 02:04 UTC

So I bought a new (refurbished) laptop and have the start to a new Eudora install. Windows 10 yada yada.
Migrated all the mailboxes over from old computer with stunnel that was working fine.

But I have no idea how to configure my account settings. It has been so long since we needed stunnel or Hermes.

For my <Dominant> here are my Generic properties:
SMTP Server: 127.0.0.1
Secure Sockets when Sending: Never Last SSL Info
Here is Incoming Mail Tab:
Server: 127.0.0.1 POP
Authentication style: Passwords
Secure Sockets when Receiving: Never Last SSL Info

Now, my stunnel config file has these 3 entries. I do notice one is pop3, one is imap, and one is smtp.

[gmail-pop3]
client = yes
accept = 127.0.0.1:110
connect = pop.gmail.com:995
verify = 2
CAfile = ca-certs.pem
checkHost = pop.gmail.com
OCSPaia = yes

[gmail-imap]
client = yes
accept = 127.0.0.1:143
connect = imap.gmail.com:993
verify = 2
CAfile = ca-certs.pem
checkHost = imap.gmail.com
OCSPaia = yes

[gmail-smtp]
client = yes
accept = 127.0.0.1:25
connect = smtp.gmail.com:465
verify = 2
CAfile = ca-certs.pem
checkHost = smtp.gmail.com
OCSPaia = yes

What would I put in my Account settings, based on info in these 3 entries?
Would my SMTP Server be smtp.gmail.com:465?
And my Incoming Mail would use for the server entry this:
pop.gmail.com:995?

John A Davis
Eudora Slob

Re: Currently stuck switching iTunnel to Hermes dll

<02e05ac9-8ac5-4fcb-b1de-b73457648212n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=235&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#235

Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 19:08:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: hikedance@gmail.com (hike...@gmail.com)
 by: hike...@gmail.com - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 02:08 UTC

Oh I forgot to mention. I want to use the Hermes install from now on.
That is why I am having trouble figuring out changing the settings from sTunnel to Hermes.

John