From: News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk (Martin)
Subject: Steve Drain RIP
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2023 11:42:48 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Martin - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 11:42 UTC

This morning I received the sad news from his wife that Steve Drain
died on the last day of 2022.

We had corresponded about technical RISC OS stuff for over twenty
years, and I enjoyed the discussion, interaction, collaboration and
even occasional disagreement over those years. We had also met several
times at various shows. He had an unparalleled knowledge of how BBC
BASIC worked, and how to extract the very best from it - even if his
methods were sometimes far too cunning for me!

I will miss his input, and I am sure many others here will too.

Martin Avison

--
Martin Avison
Note that unfortunately this email address will become invalid

Re: Steve Drain RIP

<489073605a.dougjwebb@btinternet.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=2346&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#2346

From: doug.j.webb@btinternet.com (Doug Webb)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Subject: Re: Steve Drain RIP
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2023 12:47:09 GMT
 by: Doug Webb - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 12:47 UTC

In message <5a606dac38News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>
Martin <News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:

> This morning I received the sad news from his wife that Steve Drain
> died on the last day of 2022.

> We had corresponded about technical RISC OS stuff for over twenty
> years, and I enjoyed the discussion, interaction, collaboration and
> even occasional disagreement over those years. We had also met several
> times at various shows. He had an unparalleled knowledge of how BBC
> BASIC worked, and how to extract the very best from it - even if his
> methods were sometimes far too cunning for me!

> I will miss his input, and I am sure many others here will too.

> Martin Avison

Really sad news and I too remember speaking to Steve at many shows.

Condolences to his family and friends.

--
Experience the future using ARM Technology - ARMBook,BeagleBoard -xM,
PandaBoard,Raspberry Pi,iMX6/ARMX6,IGEPv5 & Titanium powered by RISC OS