From: dave@triffid.co.uk (Dave)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Subject: Transient and a funny error
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 12:12:02 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Dave - Tue, 13 Dec 2022 12:12 UTC

Downloaded (From Fred's site) an update for Transient earlier today,
version 2.10b

Removed the existing Transient and dropped in the new !Transient.

Rebooted the VRPC...
Transient is auto Run from ...Boot configuration Run, and it failed with...

08:44:29.23 ** Error **
Error : &1B80A920
Message: Invalid gadget type 0x4c4014.
08:44:29.24 ** WimpError ** from Transient
Error : &00000000
Message: Bad call of 'PROCToolbox_CreateObject': Invalid gadget type
0x4c4014.
08:44:34.04 TaskClose &58003A24

Thereafter it will not run, either from a boot up, nor a double click on
the app.

Any thoughts please?

Dave

Obviously I've sorted the problem for myself by bringing in a
Transient2.10b I have installed on another VRPC, and that runs okay.

But it would be interesting to know why the one in the fresh archive I
downloaded earlier is erroring.

So...
I've downloaded the archive from Fred's site again, but the problem
remains with that Transient2.10b

D.

--

Dave Triffid