From: ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com (Ottavio Caruso)
Newsgroups: comp.security.ssh
Subject: META: Can I ask questions about sshfs here?
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2023 09:12:00 +0000
 by: Ottavio Caruso - Sat, 4 Nov 2023 09:12 UTC

I haven't got to the stage of debugging the whole SSH transaction, but I
have two laptops, both running Debian, on one of which an ssh server
runs. The other connects to the server through sshfs (fusermount).

In some cases, the ssh deamons shuts down when an umount command
("fusermount -u PATH") is given.

I could add debugging at both ends if this is allowed here,

Thanks.

--
Ottavio Caruso

Re: META: Can I ask questions about sshfs here?

<ulvqoo$o109$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=232&group=comp.security.ssh#232

From: user@example.net (User)
Newsgroups: comp.security.ssh
Subject: Re: META: Can I ask questions about sshfs here?
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 17:44:45 -0500
 by: User - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 22:44 UTC

On 11/4/2023 5:12 AM, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> I haven't got to the stage of debugging the whole SSH transaction, but I
> have two laptops, both running Debian, on one of which an ssh server
> runs. The other connects to the server through sshfs (fusermount).
>
> In some cases, the ssh deamons shuts down when an umount command
> ("fusermount -u PATH") is given.
>
> I could add debugging at both ends if this is allowed here,
>
> Thanks.

I LOVE sshfs, in fact I think it's the greatest thing since sliced
bread. Maybe check if you just have the straight sshfs command on your
system (which sshfs). If not I would highly recommend building or
installing it.