From: Jordee@Noplace.com (Jordee)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: Says running out of memory ! I Canceled to take control.
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 07:30:02 -0700
 by: Jordee - Sat, 4 Sep 2021 14:30 UTC

Firefox was sitting doing nothing behind another app.
So I closed it and got 3Gigabytes memory freed up.

WHAT ????

Re: Says running out of memory ! I Canceled to take control.

<sh01hn$ed6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2319&group=alt.windows7.general#2319

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2021 10:57:58 -0400
 by: Paul - Sat, 4 Sep 2021 14:57 UTC

Jordee wrote:
> Firefox was sitting doing nothing behind another app.
> So I closed it and got 3Gigabytes memory freed up.
>
> WHAT ????

Yes, this is happening more often now.

Whatever the root cause, the copy of Firefox that
Seamonkey uses as its base code, has caused Seamonkey
to exhibit the same symptoms. My Win8.1 setup "was running
out of memory" just like your Firefox case. 8GB RAM.

Just imagine the fun, when Thunderbird users start seeing
this. But if this is related to Javascript somehow, perhaps
it will be less prevalent there.

On my Seamonkey, I had only three tabs open. It suggests
the web content of a single site can do this. It's not
a matter of being "overwhelmed with tabs". Even a small
collection of sites can do it.