From: noise@audiomisc.co.uk (Jim Lesurf)
Subject: Time Team...
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 12:38:40 +0100
 by: Jim Lesurf - Wed, 22 Jun 2022 11:38 UTC

Not sure if anyone else here has an interest in Archeology or enjoyed the
old 'Time Team' series, but I'm mention this for two reasons.

1) In case others are interested and this is welcome info for them

2)...

Recent page update on wikpedia about TT has pointed to some 'new' episodes'
which are on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APdOKQnI_uM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87rQtgsk1ws
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC_SM8RjjJk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXeuNTEfO4s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEiOj-ZufaQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8_sbq37AUsh
ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU2FLgN-XI8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj2bjBLSqcE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zWhHExA58M

(includes some 'annoucements' about the project).

However the pages I've found also mention 24 'classic' old episodes said to
be freely available via YT. The RO snag being that when I try to use either
NetSurf or Iris to look for these I can't get anywhere. (Possibly because
I'm rejecting any cookies in Iris' case on YT. Other pages just direct to
YT or 'Patreon'.)

So, anyone know the actual URLs for these 'classic' episodes, or if I can
find them with Iris whilst refusing cookies? I can probably bypass this
using FF on Linux, but would be good to get the above to work, simply to
get the URLs of the videos.

Ta,

Jim

Electronics https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm

Re: Time Team...

<59fcb0cb23Spambin@argonet.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=2212&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#2212

From: Spambin@argonet.co.uk (Stuart)
Subject: Re: Time Team...
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 20:35:41 +0100
 by: Stuart - Wed, 22 Jun 2022 19:35 UTC

In article <59fc851f01noise@audiomisc.co.uk>,
Jim Lesurf <noise@audiomisc.co.uk> wrote:
> So, anyone know the actual URLs for these 'classic' episodes, or if I can
> find them with Iris whilst refusing cookies? I can probably bypass this
> using FF on Linux, but would be good to get the above to work, simply to
> get the URLs of the videos.

As far as I am aware it is virtually impossible to watch Youtube, or use
any other Google service, without accepting cookies. I use a "private
window" in FF and make sure my VPN is active.

--
Stuart Winsor

Tools With A Mission
sending tools across the world
http://www.twam.co.uk/

Re: Time Team...

<59fcebc89adave@triffid.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=2213&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#2213

From: dave@triffid.co.uk (Dave)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 07:20:00 +0100
 by: Dave - Thu, 23 Jun 2022 06:20 UTC

In article <59fcb0cb23Spambin@argonet.co.uk>,
Stuart <Spambin@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <59fc851f01noise@audiomisc.co.uk>,
> Jim Lesurf <noise@audiomisc.co.uk> wrote:
> > So, anyone know the actual URLs for these 'classic' episodes, or if I
> > can find them with Iris whilst refusing cookies? I can probably bypass
> > this using FF on Linux, but would be good to get the above to work,
> > simply to get the URLs of the videos.

> As far as I am aware it is virtually impossible to watch Youtube, or use
> any other Google service, without accepting cookies. I use a "private
> window" in FF and make sure my VPN is active.

Well really!
No idea how things don't work in Linux, but in MS-Windows...

After you've watched the YouTube episode in FF and before you close out
that YT window, click the padlock icon on the URL bar (Lh end) and in the
dropdown menu select, "Clear cookies and site data"

Clears cookies etc for that site.

Bobs yer wotsit...

Dave

--

Dave Triffid

Re: Time Team...

<59fd7f2c6cnoise@audiomisc.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=2217&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#2217

From: noise@audiomisc.co.uk (Jim Lesurf)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 10:09:54 +0100
 by: Jim Lesurf - Fri, 24 Jun 2022 09:09 UTC

In article <59fcebc89adave@triffid.co.uk>, Dave <dave@triffid.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <59fcb0cb23Spambin@argonet.co.uk>, Stuart
> <Spambin@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> > In article <59fc851f01noise@audiomisc.co.uk>, Jim Lesurf
> > <noise@audiomisc.co.uk> wrote:
> > > So, anyone know the actual URLs for these 'classic' episodes, or if
> > > I can find them with Iris whilst refusing cookies? I can probably
> > > bypass this using FF on Linux, but would be good to get the above to
> > > work, simply to get the URLs of the videos.

> > As far as I am aware it is virtually impossible to watch Youtube, or
> > use any other Google service, without accepting cookies. I use a
> > "private window" in FF and make sure my VPN is active.

It is easy eough to fetch copies of YT videos once you know their URL. The
snag is when you can't find the URL without going into the YT site - which
means accepting at least some of their cookies/tracking attempts.

> After you've watched the YouTube episode in FF and before you close out
> that YT window, click the padlock icon on the URL bar (Lh end) and in
> the dropdown menu select, "Clear cookies and site data"

> Clears cookies etc for that site.

> Bobs yer wotsit...

When needed, I just delete all the cookies the site dumped into my browser
once I've accessed what I wanted. Do that by direct editing of the
location(s) where they are stored on my machine.

Jim

Electronics https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm

Re: Time Team...

<20220624155058.730d791e@wibble.sysadmininc.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=2221&group=comp.sys.acorn.misc#2221

From: sysop@endofthelinebbs.com (Nigel Reed)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.misc
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 15:50:58 -0500
 by: Nigel Reed - Fri, 24 Jun 2022 20:50 UTC

On Wed, 22 Jun 2022 12:38:40 +0100
Jim Lesurf <noise@audiomisc.co.uk> wrote:

> However the pages I've found also mention 24 'classic' old episodes
> said to be freely available via YT. The RO snag being that when I try
> to use either NetSurf or Iris to look for these I can't get anywhere.
> (Possibly because I'm rejecting any cookies in Iris' case on YT.
> Other pages just direct to YT or 'Patreon'.)
>
> So, anyone know the actual URLs for these 'classic' episodes, or if I
> can find them with Iris whilst refusing cookies? I can probably
> bypass this using FF on Linux, but would be good to get the above to
> work, simply to get the URLs of the videos.

You can get them via torrent site tvchaosuk.com if you can get in (if
open registration is on). If not, I have 20 series worth so I can
probably find some way to let you have them. Contact me privately and
we'll see what we can do.

nigel
at
nigelreed-dot