From: jesuslozanomosterin@gmail.com (JLM)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Subject: Ping decadentlinuxuser, ping progress
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 14:56:26 +0200
 by: JLM - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 12:56 UTC

Hi there!

It's a matter of fact that internet provides a lots of services.
But, despite of being monetary free they what your data. Data
is adquired from various sources, but primary your name or ID.

Nothing wrong up to here. The problem is that your ID must be
protected. Simple as it could be, a password could do the job
in the past. With the proliferation of services, that means
an inflation in passwords that leads you to continue forget
and recover... using a stupid device called smartphone.

Here begin to appair the problem. A simple medium-range phone
could have the identification assured by a speedy fingerprint
or another more or less sophisticated manner.

I heard that Windows in its later incarnations have the possibility
to use some adicional device to garantee your ID in a reliable
(less than x% of errors) and speedy process (less than a second).

So, time to move linux!

--
http://gamo.sdf-eu.org/
World peace, no less!

Re: Ping decadentlinuxuser, ping progress

<t8fpjr$143r$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2210&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#2210

From: jesuslozanomosterin@gmail.com (JLM)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Subject: Re: Ping decadentlinuxuser, ping progress
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 19:34:51 +0200
 by: JLM - Thu, 16 Jun 2022 17:34 UTC

El 11/6/22 a las 14:56, JLM escribió:
> Hi there!
>
> It's a matter of fact that internet provides a lots of services.
> But, despite of being monetary free they what your data. Data
> is adquired from various sources, but primary your name or ID.
>
> Nothing wrong up to here. The problem is that your ID must be
> protected. Simple as it could be, a password could do the job
> in the past. With the proliferation of services, that means
> an inflation in passwords that leads you to continue forget
> and recover... using a stupid device called smartphone.
>
> Here begin to appair the problem. A simple medium-range phone
> could have the identification assured by a speedy fingerprint
> or another more or less sophisticated manner.
>
> I heard that Windows in its later incarnations have the possibility
> to use some adicional device to garantee your ID in a reliable
> (less than x% of errors) and speedy process (less than a second).
>
> So, time to move linux!

I wonder nobody corrects me that the cost/eficiency solution could
be usb-dongles-keys. But is a problem of to choose a level of software
to implement the solution.

Cheers!

--
http://gamo.sdf-eu.org/
World peace, no less!

computers / alt.os.linux.ubuntu / Re: Ping decadentlinuxuser, ping progress