From: tony@invalid.com
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.windows7.general
Subject: MS PrintNightmare Patch Compromised
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2021 00:25:05 -0500
 by: tony@invalid.com - Sun, 8 Aug 2021 05:25 UTC

https://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/news/new-printnightmare-patch-bypassed/

New PrintNightmare Patch Can Be Bypassed, Say Researchers

Within hours of the release, researchers took to Twitter to show
proof-of-concept attacks on patched systems which means they’re
effectively still vulnerable to local privilege escalation and remote
code execution.

Re: MS PrintNightmare Patch Compromised

<K6RPI.5564$LA4.3399@fx06.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2140&group=alt.windows7.general#2140

Subject: Re: MS PrintNightmare Patch Compromised
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.windows7.general
From: silver@slim.er (SilverSlimer)
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 09:37:45 -0400
 by: SilverSlimer - Sun, 8 Aug 2021 13:37 UTC

On 2021-08-08 1:25 a.m., tony@invalid.com wrote:
> https://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/news/new-printnightmare-patch-bypassed/
>
> New PrintNightmare Patch Can Be Bypassed, Say Researchers
>
> Within hours of the release, researchers took to Twitter to show
> proof-of-concept attacks on patched systems which means they’re
> effectively still vulnerable to local privilege escalation and remote
> code execution.

_Local_ privilege escalation. It's an issue, but it's one that can
easily be resolved by not allowing people to use your computer or
connect to your network.

--
SilverSlimer
@silverslimer