From: losteno@vodafone.it (Stefano L.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Subject: KLS Mail and Thunderbird local folders backup
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 10:41:09 +0100
 by: Stefano L. - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 09:41 UTC

HI.

I use KLS Mail and would like to save my Thinderbird profile. The
problem arises from the fact that, in addition to my accounts, I have
local folders where I move some mails that I need to keep.
I am unable in any way to backup with even the contents of these folders.
Is there any way I can do this?
I have tried selecting them in the backup settings of the software but
it does not work.
Do any of you a the program and can help me out?

Tx, Stefano.

Re: KLS Mail and Thunderbird local folders backup

<ujva3u$38cec$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2120&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#2120

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Subject: Re: KLS Mail and Thunderbird local folders backup
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 06:27:56 -0500
 by: Paul - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 11:27 UTC

On 11/26/2023 4:41 AM, Stefano L. wrote:
> HI.
>
> I use KLS Mail and would like to save my Thinderbird profile. The problem arises from the fact that, in addition to my accounts, I have local folders where I move some mails that I need to keep.
> I am unable in any way to backup with even the contents of these folders.
> Is there any way I can do this?
> I have tried selecting them in the backup settings of the software but it does not work.
> Do any of you a the program and can help me out?
>
> Tx, Stefano.

https://www.kls-soft.com/klsmailbackup/

System requirements

Windows 11/10/7 32/64bit (all editions)
Hard drive with at least 30MB free disk space for installation

Key features

Backup:
Mozilla Thunderbird, Firefox and Seamonkey profiles
Postbox profiles
Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome profiles
The Bat! Email Client profiles
Backup to: local, network drives, Amazon S3, WebDAV and FTP server

*******

The profiles.ini file, contains path information about all of your profiles.

There should be a profiles.ini for Thunderbird.

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird
profiles.ini <=== control file Thunderbird uses.
profiles
fknwxki0.default

This one, is hand-edited, and demonstrates the
"absolute path instead of relative path" option.
A good program would know how to parse this file,
for information it needs.

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=default
IsRelative=0
Path=C:\Users\username\Downloads\abcd1234.default
Default=1

For a backup tool to work properly, it must be able to add

Path=C:\Users\username\Downloads\abcd1234.default

to the list of things to back up.

This Help file is not encouraging, because it only has one entry showing in the sample.

https://www.kls-soft.com/klsmailbackup/help.php

Normally there are more entries than that, and some of the
entries don't contain content worth backing up.

Paul

Re: KLS Mail and Thunderbird local folders backup

<ujvsvb$3b3ce$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2123&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#2123

From: Bears@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 11:49:46 -0500
 by: Big Al - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 16:49 UTC

On 11/26/23 04:41 AM, this is what Stefano L. wrote:
> HI.
>
> I use KLS Mail and would like to save my Thinderbird profile. The problem arises from the fact that, in addition to my
> accounts, I have local folders where I move some mails that I need to keep.
> I am unable in any way to backup with even the contents of these folders.
> Is there any way I can do this?
> I have tried selecting them in the backup settings of the software but it does not work.
> Do any of you a the program and can help me out?
>
> Tx, Stefano.
Save this folder for thunderbird.
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird
If you do all will be saved.

To restore.
Delete or rename that 'Thunderbird' folder, rename is better, and then put the saved one back.

This saves everything.
Local folders are in you profile under the mail folder, but it's part of the save.

Don't know KLSmail.
--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Al

Re: KLS Mail and Thunderbird local folders backup

<uk0cfc$3ddu8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2124&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#2124

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 22:14:20 +0100
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 21:14 UTC

Am 26.11.23 um 17:49 schrieb Big Al:
> On 11/26/23 04:41 AM, this is what Stefano L. wrote:
>> HI.
>>
>> I use KLS Mail and would like to save my Thinderbird profile. The problem arises from the fact that, in addition to my
>> accounts, I have local folders where I move some mails that I need to keep.
>> I am unable in any way to backup with even the contents of these folders.
>> Is there any way I can do this?
>> I have tried selecting them in the backup settings of the software but it does not work.
>> Do any of you a the program and can help me out?
>>
>> Tx, Stefano.
> Save this folder for thunderbird.
> C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird

Smart users install their profiles in their homefolder and use the
profilemanager to start TB and FF.

/Users/username/Thunderbird User

I would never ever use third party software to save these profiles.
Neither on the Mac nor on Linux.

They are part of my backup strategy.

--
"Gutta cavat lapidem." (Ovid)

computers / alt.comp.software.thunderbird / KLS Mail and Thunderbird local folders backup