From: donkeybreath@fu.com (Beo)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Subject: Size
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 09:54:20 -0700
 by: Beo - Sat, 17 Jul 2021 16:54 UTC

Some of my emails come in a size too large to read. Is there an easy
way to reduce the size down to where they are readable? Thanks
E7.01 Win10

Re: Size

<hch6fg11516kadmclpjqeqlpf3cebjgvfp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=208&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#208

From: wlfraed@ix.netcom.com (Dennis Lee Bieber)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Subject: Re: Size
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 17:04:52 -0400
 by: Dennis Lee Bieber - Sat, 17 Jul 2021 21:04 UTC

On Sat, 17 Jul 2021 09:54:20 -0700, Beo <donkeybreath@fu.com> declaimed the
following:

>Some of my emails come in a size too large to read. Is there an easy
>way to reduce the size down to where they are readable? Thanks
>E7.01 Win10

What is "too large to read"? To me, it would imply a message that can't
be displayed, not "I don't want to scroll through all this junk to find
interesting parts".

However... Tools/Options/ Content Concentrator might be what you want
to look at.

--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlfraed@ix.netcom.com http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/

Re: Size

<9hm6fgtedn7bomb9nl25ul08do7ulsp21u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=209&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#209

From: donkeybreath@fu.com (Beo)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 15:33:18 -0700
 by: Beo - Sat, 17 Jul 2021 22:33 UTC

On Sat, 17 Jul 2021 17:04:52 -0400, Dennis Lee Bieber
<wlfraed@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> What is "too large to read"? To me, it would imply a message that can't
>be displayed, not "I don't want to scroll through all this junk to find
>interesting parts".
>
> However... Tools/Options/ Content Concentrator might be what you want
>to look at.

So large that 1 letter fills the whole window. I already use the
concentrater so I guess we are not really on the same page here.

Re: Size

<af37fghj4j9pes3dlmn998fr75ojpf50eo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=210&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#210

From: ajo@notrealaddress.invalid (Ajo Wissink)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 23:19:35 -0300
 by: Ajo Wissink - Sun, 18 Jul 2021 02:19 UTC

On Sat, 17 Jul 2021 09:54:20 -0700, Beo <donkeybreath@fu.com> wrote:

>Some of my emails come in a size too large to read. Is there an easy
>way to reduce the size down to where they are readable? Thanks
>E7.01 Win10

The problem is something at the sender's end.

The fastest way to make those messages readable is to
scroll the message while holding down the Ctrl key. I think that this
works only when you are using the MS viewer, not Eudora's internal
viewer.

--
Ajo Wissink

Re: Size

<sd0nvs$1jn1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=211&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#211

From: www.godfatherof.nl/@opt-in.invalid (Piet)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 10:15:59 +0200
 by: Piet - Sun, 18 Jul 2021 08:15 UTC

Beo wrote:
[message too large to read]
> So large that 1 letter fills the whole window. I already use the
> concentrater so I guess we are not really on the same page here.

Looks to me like the sender is using html and an insane font size.
I'd try 'send to browser' then with repeated ctrl/- reduce the text
size. I'd also copy the offending mail to the Junk folder and use
notepad to see what the hell is going on in the mail body.

BTW, I permanently have "Use Microsoft's viewer" off and use the
latter procedure if I don't trust a mail, without opening the mail
in Eudora. It's quite cute and revealing to read what blatant shit
they're trying to threat to you with or "offer" you. By now I could
have sexy Russian girls by the score. ;-)

-p