From: rek2@hispagatos.org.invalid (rek2 hispagatos)
Newsgroups: news.software.nntp
Subject: Control.ctl entry.
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 01:54:24 -0000 (UTC)
 by: rek2 hispagatos - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 01:54 UTC

Hello I am trying to create a control.ctl file for my groups so they
get propagated but have some questions.
is there a good document that explains where to put the private key?
does inn needs to know about it? I see people put the public key on the
their web that part is clear but not anything about the private key etc.
Also I have the ftp site but to who do I sent this information to they
include it?

Also trying to replicate what I saw from others on the main control.ctl
file on /etc/inn/control.ctl
let me know if I should change something.

```
## HISPAGATOS (Hispagatos Collective)
# Contact: news@hispagatos.org
# Key URL: http://news.hispagatos.org/pgpkey.txt
# Key fingerprint: <to be added>
# *PGP* See comment at top of file.
newgroup:*:hispagatos.*:drop
rmgroup:*:hispagatos.*:drop
checkgroups:news@hispagatos.org:hispagatos.*:verify-news@hispagatos.org
newgroup:news@hispagatos:hispagatos.*:verify-news@hispagatos.org
rmgroup:news@hispagatos.org:hispagatos.*:verify-news@hispagatos.Org
```

Sorry for the silly questions, but want to make this right.

--
- {gemini,https}://{,rek2.}hispagatos.org - mastodon: @rek2@hispagatos.space
- [https|gemini]://2600.Madrid - https://hispagatos.space/@rek2

Re: Control.ctl entry.

<nsn.20230814013743.834@scatha.ancalagon.de>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2055&group=news.software.nntp#2055

From: thh@thh.name (Thomas Hochstein)
Newsgroups: news.software.nntp
Subject: Re: Control.ctl entry.
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 01:37:46 +0200
 by: Thomas Hochstein - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 23:37 UTC

rek2 hispagatos schrieb:

> Hello I am trying to create a control.ctl file for my groups so they
> get propagated but have some questions.
> is there a good document that explains where to put the private key?

Where it is protected as well as possible against loss, but is available
for signing your control messages.

> does inn needs to know about it?

No.

> Also I have the ftp site but to who do I sent this information to they
> include it?

| ## control.ctl - Access control for control messages.
| ## Last modified: 2021-11-28
| ##
| ## Based on rone's unified control.ctl file.
| ##
| ## For a web presentation of the information recorded here, as well as
| ## other useful information about Usenet hierarchies, please see:
| ##
| ## <http://usenet.trigofacile.com/hierarchies/>
| ##
| ## Please copy usenet-config@isc.org on any updates to this file so that
| ## it can be updated in the INN Git repository and on ftp.isc.org. For
| ## changes to a public hierarchy, please also post the changes to
| ## news.admin.hierarchies.
| ##
| ## The canonical version of this file can be found in the latest INN
| ## release and at <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/control.ctl>; these
| ## two files will be kept in sync. Please refer to the latest version of
| ## this file for the most up-to-date hierarchy control information and
| ## please use the latest version if you intend to carry all hierarchies.
[...]

-thh