Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature. -- Rich Kulawiec

computers / alt.comp.software.firefox / Re: A css question

SubjectAuthor
* A css questionNews
+- A css questionBig Al
`* A css questionNobody
 `* A css questionNews
  +* OT: DOM Inspector - Re: A css questionSailfish
  |+* OT: DOM Inspector - Re: A css questionSailfish
  ||`* OT: DOM Inspector - Re: A css questionSailfish
  || `* OT: DOM Inspector - Re: A css questionBig Al
  ||  `- OT: DOM Inspector - Re: A css questionSailfish
  |`* OT: DOM Inspector - Re: A css questionNews
  | `- OT: DOM Inspector - Re: A css questionBig Al
  `* A css questionNews
   `* A css questionAndy Burns
    `* A css questionNews
     +* A css questionBig Al
     |`- A css questionNews
     `* A css questionAndy Burns
      `- A css questionNews

1
A css question

<5b17bb9329news@triffid.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2016&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#2016

From: news@triffid.co.uk (News)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Subject: A css question
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 10:18:48 +0000 (GMT)
 by: News - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 10:18 UTC

Good day.
I'm using Firefox 121.0 64 bit on Win 10 Pro.

Like many I guess, I have a functioning chrome userChrome file containing
snippets of css I've found in various places over the years to make my
usage of Fx easier... Like Tabs where I want them. ;-)

I have a snippet of code that colors the tabs, and yes it works okay.

However what would be helpful in my advancing years, is another snippet of
css that would color inactive tabs a different colour to the active tab.

If that's possible, does any kind person have those lines of css, and
might pass them on to me. :-)

It would be appreciated.
D.

Re: A css question

<um99fl$2ih1j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2017&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#2017

From: alan@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Subject: Re: A css question
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 07:51:01 -0500
 by: Big Al - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 12:51 UTC

On 12/24/23 05:18 AM, News wrote:
> Good day.
> I'm using Firefox 121.0 64 bit on Win 10 Pro.
>
> Like many I guess, I have a functioning chrome userChrome file containing
> snippets of css I've found in various places over the years to make my
> usage of Fx easier... Like Tabs where I want them. ;-)
>
> I have a snippet of code that colors the tabs, and yes it works okay.
>
> However what would be helpful in my advancing years, is another snippet of
> css that would color inactive tabs a different colour to the active tab.
>
> If that's possible, does any kind person have those lines of css, and
> might pass them on to me. :-)
>
> It would be appreciated.
> D.

I don't use this, I've found themes that do a good job, but you're welcome to this.
I also don't know if it works. FF's code and item naming conventions are fluid.

..tab-background:not([selected]) { background-color: #222222 !important; }
--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Al

Re: A css question

<tumgoih9qu69vfmopqi831sjok1mghe2jd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2018&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#2018

From: jock@soccer.com (Nobody)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 08:49:04 -0800
 by: Nobody - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 16:49 UTC

On Sun, 24 Dec 2023 10:18:48 +0000 (GMT), News <news@triffid.co.uk>
wrote:

>Good day.
>I'm using Firefox 121.0 64 bit on Win 10 Pro.
>
>Like many I guess, I have a functioning chrome userChrome file containing
>snippets of css I've found in various places over the years to make my
>usage of Fx easier... Like Tabs where I want them. ;-)
>
>I have a snippet of code that colors the tabs, and yes it works okay.
>
>However what would be helpful in my advancing years, is another snippet of
>css that would color inactive tabs a different colour to the active tab.
>
>If that's possible, does any kind person have those lines of css, and
>might pass them on to me. :-)
>
>It would be appreciated.
>D.

Wha I had in my userChrome several years ago stopped working at one
major Ffox update, but I agree with Big Al that several themes fit the
bill to highlight the *active* tab.

I routinely use "Blue Mozilla Firefox", but also have "Dream of Waves"
and "Lufthansa Terminal" loaded. That last one has a really
in-your-face active tab with the current Ffox floating tab set-up.

Looking at my Thunderbird userChrome, I *think* these are what I had
for Ffox, but tread carefully. They worked well in conjunction with
the "Dream of Waves" theme:

-------------------------

}
..tab-background {
border-radius: 12px 12px 0px 0px !important;
border-image: none !important;
border-left: 1px solid !important;
border-right: 1px solid !important;
border-top: 1px solid !important;
background-color: #FFE4B5 !important;

}

..tab-background[selected="true"] {
background-attachment: none!important;
background-color: #7FFFD4!important;
background-image: none!important;
background-position: none!important;
background-repeat: none!important;
background-size: none!important;
}

----------------------

Re: A css question

<5b17f814b5news@triffid.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2019&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#2019

From: news@triffid.co.uk (News)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 21:19:41 +0000 (GMT)
 by: News - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 21:19 UTC

In article <tumgoih9qu69vfmopqi831sjok1mghe2jd@4ax.com>,
Nobody <jock@soccer.com> wrote:
[Snippy]
> Looking at my Thunderbird userChrome, I *think* these are what I had
> for Ffox, but tread carefully. They worked well in conjunction with
> the "Dream of Waves" theme:

> -------------------------

> }
> .tab-background {
> border-radius: 12px 12px 0px 0px !important;
> border-image: none !important;
> border-left: 1px solid !important;
> border-right: 1px solid !important;
> border-top: 1px solid !important;
> background-color: #FFE4B5 !important;

> }

> .tab-background[selected="true"] {
> background-attachment: none!important;
> background-color: #7FFFD4!important;
> background-image: none!important;
> background-position: none!important;
> background-repeat: none!important;
> background-size: none!important;
> }

Excellent, that worked with my "Soft Drawing Paper" theme.

Interestingly, the snippet of css I already had in place that stopped
working after a recent update was almost the same as yours.

I just needed to modify a couple of lines and it was back in action.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Best wishes for Christmas & the new year. :-)

D.

OT: DOM Inspector - Re: A css question

<umaa57$2nn9g$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2020&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#2020

From: NIXCAPSsailfish@NIXCAPSunforgettable.com (Sailfish)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Subject: OT: DOM Inspector - Re: A css question
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 14:08:39 -0800
 by: Sailfish - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 22:08 UTC

News graced us with on 12/24/2023 1:19 PM:
> In article <tumgoih9qu69vfmopqi831sjok1mghe2jd@4ax.com>,
> Nobody <jock@soccer.com> wrote:
> [Snippy]
>> Looking at my Thunderbird userChrome, I *think* these are what I had
>> for Ffox, but tread carefully. They worked well in conjunction with
>> the "Dream of Waves" theme:
>
>> -------------------------
>
>> }
>> .tab-background {
>> border-radius: 12px 12px 0px 0px !important;
>> border-image: none !important;
>> border-left: 1px solid !important;
>> border-right: 1px solid !important;
>> border-top: 1px solid !important;
>> background-color: #FFE4B5 !important;
>
>> }
>
>> .tab-background[selected="true"] {
>> background-attachment: none!important;
>> background-color: #7FFFD4!important;
>> background-image: none!important;
>> background-position: none!important;
>> background-repeat: none!important;
>> background-size: none!important;
>> }
>
> Excellent, that worked with my "Soft Drawing Paper" theme.
>
> Interestingly, the snippet of css I already had in place that stopped
> working after a recent update was almost the same as yours.
>
> I just needed to modify a couple of lines and it was back in action.
>
> Thanks, much appreciated.
>
> Best wishes for Christmas & the new year. :-)

The XUL version of the browser had an DOM Inspector add-on that allowed
one to "inspect" the browser chrome (nav buttons, tabs, url bar, &c.)
This feature is now intrinsic to the browser but by default disabled.
Below is a link that describes how to enable it and open its window for
interrogating chrome elements. Click "OK" to the Incoming Connection
dialog pop-up.

Once the DOM Inspector window is open, press the square with a pointer
in it icon, then click the element of interest. The left panel will move
to and highlight the clicked element on the left pane and display the
CSS being used on it.

Cheers and Seasons Greetings!

--
Sailfish
CDC Covid19 Trends: https://www.facebook.com/groups/624208354841034

Re: OT: DOM Inspector - Re: A css question

<umaa9m$2nn9g$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2021&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#2021

From: NIXCAPSsailfish@NIXCAPSunforgettable.com (Sailfish)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Subject: Re: OT: DOM Inspector - Re: A css question
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 14:11:02 -0800
 by: Sailfish - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 22:11 UTC

Sailfish graced us with on 12/24/2023 2:08 PM:
> News graced us with on 12/24/2023 1:19 PM:
>> In article <tumgoih9qu69vfmopqi831sjok1mghe2jd@4ax.com>,
>> Nobody <jock@soccer.com> wrote:
>> [Snippy]
>>> Looking at my Thunderbird userChrome, I *think* these are what I had
>>> for Ffox, but tread carefully. They worked well in conjunction with
>>> the "Dream of Waves" theme:
>>
>>> -------------------------
>>
>>> }
>>> .tab-background {
>>> border-radius: 12px 12px 0px 0px !important;
>>> border-image: none !important;
>>> border-left: 1px solid !important;
>>> border-right: 1px solid !important;
>>> border-top: 1px solid !important;
>>> background-color: #FFE4B5 !important;
>>
>>> }
>>
>>> .tab-background[selected="true"] {
>>> background-attachment: none!important;
>>> background-color: #7FFFD4!important;
>>> background-image: none!important;
>>> background-position: none!important;
>>> background-repeat: none!important;
>>> background-size: none!important;
>>> }
>>
>> Excellent, that worked with my "Soft Drawing Paper" theme.
>>
>> Interestingly, the snippet of css I already had in place that stopped
>> working after a recent update was almost the same as yours.
>>
>> I just needed to modify a couple of lines and it was back in action.
>>
>> Thanks, much appreciated.
>>
>> Best wishes for Christmas & the new year. :-)
>
> The XUL version of the browser had an DOM Inspector add-on that allowed
> one to "inspect" the browser chrome (nav buttons, tabs, url bar, &c.)
> This feature is now intrinsic to the browser but by default disabled.
> Below is a link that describes how to enable it and open its window for
> interrogating chrome elements. Click "OK" to the Incoming Connection
> dialog pop-up.
>
> Once the DOM Inspector window is open, press the square with a pointer
> in it icon, then click the element of interest. The left panel will move
> to and highlight the clicked element on the left pane and display the
> CSS being used on it.

Ugh! The forgotten link:
https://superuser.com/questions/1764681/how-to-inspect-the-chrome-of-firefox/1764682#1764682

Cheers and Seasons Greetings!
--
Sailfish
CDC Covid19 Trends: https://www.facebook.com/groups/624208354841034

Re: OT: DOM Inspector - Re: A css question

<umaaf1$2nof7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2022&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#2022

From: NIXCAPSsailfish@NIXCAPSunforgettable.com (Sailfish)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 14:13:54 -0800
 by: Sailfish - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 22:13 UTC

Sailfish graced us with on 12/24/2023 2:11 PM:

A more robust explanation:
https://firefox-source-docs.mozilla.org/devtools-user/browser_toolbox/index.html

--
Sailfish
CDC Covid19 Trends: https://www.facebook.com/groups/624208354841034

Re: OT: DOM Inspector - Re: A css question

<umacrh$2nvac$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2023&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#2023

From: alan@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 17:54:41 -0500
 by: Big Al - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 22:54 UTC

On 12/24/23 05:13 PM, Sailfish wrote:
> Sailfish graced us with on 12/24/2023 2:11 PM:
>> Sailfish graced us with on 12/24/2023 2:08 PM:
>>> News graced us with on 12/24/2023 1:19 PM:

>>> The XUL version of the browser had an DOM Inspector add-on that allowed one to "inspect" the browser chrome (nav
>>> buttons, tabs, url bar, &c.) This feature is now intrinsic to the browser but by default disabled. Below is a link
>>> that describes how to enable it and open its window for interrogating chrome elements. Click "OK" to the Incoming
>>> Connection dialog pop-up.
>>>
>>> Once the DOM Inspector window is open, press the square with a pointer in it icon, then click the element of
>>> interest. The left panel will move to and highlight the clicked element on the left pane and display the CSS being
>>> used on it.
>>>
> A more robust explanation:
> https://firefox-source-docs.mozilla.org/devtools-user/browser_toolbox/index.html

And if you set
devtools.debugger.prompt-connection = false
the DOM inspector won't ask you to connect.
--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Al

Re: OT: DOM Inspector - Re: A css question

<umagud$2ok36$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2024&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#2024

From: NIXCAPSsailfish@NIXCAPSunforgettable.com (Sailfish)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 16:04:29 -0800
 by: Sailfish - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 00:04 UTC

Big Al graced us with on 12/24/2023 2:54 PM:

+1

--
Sailfish
CDC Covid19 Trends: https://www.facebook.com/groups/624208354841034

Re: OT: DOM Inspector - Re: A css question

<5b183a0478news@triffid.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2026&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#2026

From: news@triffid.co.uk (News)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 09:19:53 +0000 (GMT)
 by: News - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 09:19 UTC

In article <umaa57$2nn9g$2@dont-email.me>,
Sailfish <NIXCAPSsailfish@NIXCAPSunforgettable.com> wrote:
[Snippy]
> The XUL version of the browser had an DOM Inspector add-on that allowed
> one to "inspect" the browser chrome (nav buttons, tabs, url bar, &c.)
> This feature is now intrinsic to the browser but by default disabled.
> Below is a link that describes how to enable it and open its window for
> interrogating chrome elements. Click "OK" to the Incoming Connection
> dialog pop-up.

> Once the DOM Inspector window is open, press the square with a pointer
> in it icon, then click the element of interest. The left panel will move
> to and highlight the clicked element on the left pane and display the
> CSS being used on it.

> Cheers and Seasons Greetings!

Yeeees! well! Interesting thought, but way outside my knowledge base...

I had a look at it out of interest, but as just a user/abuser of apps,
that presented as an awful mess... :-/

D.

Re: OT: DOM Inspector - Re: A css question

<umcenp$343i5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2028&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#2028

From: alan@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 12:39:05 -0500
 by: Big Al - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 17:39 UTC

On 12/25/23 04:19 AM, News wrote:
> In article <umaa57$2nn9g$2@dont-email.me>,
> Sailfish <NIXCAPSsailfish@NIXCAPSunforgettable.com> wrote:
> [Snippy]
>> The XUL version of the browser had an DOM Inspector add-on that allowed
>> one to "inspect" the browser chrome (nav buttons, tabs, url bar, &c.)
>> This feature is now intrinsic to the browser but by default disabled.
>> Below is a link that describes how to enable it and open its window for
>> interrogating chrome elements. Click "OK" to the Incoming Connection
>> dialog pop-up.
>
>> Once the DOM Inspector window is open, press the square with a pointer
>> in it icon, then click the element of interest. The left panel will move
>> to and highlight the clicked element on the left pane and display the
>> CSS being used on it.
>
>> Cheers and Seasons Greetings!
>
> Yeeees! well! Interesting thought, but way outside my knowledge base...
>
> I had a look at it out of interest, but as just a user/abuser of apps,
> that presented as an awful mess... :-/
>
> D.

It looked that way to me too, but after a long while and a bit of dabble, and seeing code from others, it finally got to
me what was happening.
But it is a bit of a geek thing.
--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Al

Re: A css question

<5b18c7d04bnews@triffid.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2033&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#2033

From: news@triffid.co.uk (News)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2023 11:08:41 +0000 (GMT)
 by: News - Tue, 26 Dec 2023 11:08 UTC

Interestingly... :-/

While obviously I don't know the coding minutia of the thing, testing I
have discovered it is Moz Devs who have arrange this (Expletive [Alpha 6
alpha 21]self edited) css tab color annoyance.

In Firefox version 20.0.1 the original tab color css snippet works
correctly.

Updating to 21.0 is the moment when the [Alpha 6 alpha 21] happens.

:-(

D.

Re: A css question

<kuvrvoFocmmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2034&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#2034

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2023 11:33:12 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Tue, 26 Dec 2023 11:33 UTC

News wrote:

> Interestingly... :-/

It might be interesting if anyone else can work out what the hell you're
bleating on about ...

A css question

<5b18f706e2news@triffid.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2042&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#2042

From: news@triffid.co.uk (News)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2023 19:44:22 +0000 (GMT)
 by: News - Tue, 26 Dec 2023 19:44 UTC

In article <kuvrvoFocmmU1@mid.individual.net>,
Andy Burns <usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:
> News wrote:

> > Interestingly... :-/

> It might be interesting if anyone else can work out what the hell you're
> bleating on about ...

Baaaah!
Well, if you had followed the thread over the past few days, all would be
revealed. :-)

So I'll summarise for you. :-/

I have a snippet of css in my chrome userChrome file that colors inactive
tabs a different color to the active tab.

After a recent Fx update that bit of css no longer worked and all tabs
active or inactive were the same color.

Nobody(jock@.) gave a possible solution that worked.
Excellent thanks...

So then I was interested in what update had done the (Expletive Alpha 6
alpha 21) css tab color annoyance.

Translated for you an F and a U :-)

I did some 'xperiments' and discovered it was the update from 20.0.1 to
the most recent 21.0 that had done the deed.

So I thought I'd pass on that bit of info.
Ta da!
End of story... :-)

D.

Re: A css question

<umfdfu$3jhfq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2043&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#2043

From: alan@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2023 15:36:14 -0500
 by: Big Al - Tue, 26 Dec 2023 20:36 UTC

On 12/26/23 02:44 PM, News wrote:
> In article <kuvrvoFocmmU1@mid.individual.net>,
> Andy Burns <usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:
>> News wrote:
>
>>> Interestingly... :-/
>
>> It might be interesting if anyone else can work out what the hell you're
>> bleating on about ...
>
> Baaaah!
> Well, if you had followed the thread over the past few days, all would be
> revealed. :-)
>
> So I'll summarise for you. :-/
>
> I have a snippet of css in my chrome userChrome file that colors inactive
> tabs a different color to the active tab.
>
> After a recent Fx update that bit of css no longer worked and all tabs
> active or inactive were the same color.
>
> Nobody(jock@.) gave a possible solution that worked.
> Excellent thanks...
>
> So then I was interested in what update had done the (Expletive Alpha 6
> alpha 21) css tab color annoyance.
>
> Translated for you an F and a U :-)
>
> I did some 'xperiments' and discovered it was the update from 20.0.1 to
> the most recent 21.0 that had done the deed.
>
> So I thought I'd pass on that bit of info.
> Ta da!
> End of story... :-)
>
> D.

You're still on 20, when FF is a hundred further. You're not worried about any leaks? (obviously)
--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Al

Re: A css question

<5b192e25d2news@triffid.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2048&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#2048

From: news@triffid.co.uk (News)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 05:46:26 +0000 (GMT)
 by: News - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 05:46 UTC

In article <umfdfu$3jhfq$1@dont-email.me>,
Big Al <alan@invalid.com> wrote:

> You're still on 20, when FF is a hundred further. You're not worried
> about any leaks? (obviously)

Good catch Big Al. :-)
And Ooooer! on my part... :-(

I think a bit too much seasons celebration on my part methinks and "1"
went missing...

As per my original post on Christmas eve, Sunday 24th December...

"Good day.
I'm using Firefox 121.0 64 bit on Win 10 Pro."

I do apologise for all our confusions...

Bottom line, Fx 120.0.1 was okay, 121.0 done the deed. :-)

D.

Re: A css question

<kv21blF7do2U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2050&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#2050

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 07:17:04 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 07:17 UTC

News wrote:

> In article <kuvrvoFocmmU1@mid.individual.net>,
> Andy Burns <usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:
>> News wrote:
>
>>> Interestingly... :-/
>
>> It might be interesting if anyone else can work out what the hell you're
>> bleating on about ...
>
> Baaaah!
> Well, if you had followed the thread over the past few days, all would be
> revealed. :-)
>
> So I'll summarise for you. :-/
>
> I have a snippet of css in my chrome userChrome file that colors inactive
> tabs a different color to the active tab.
>
> After a recent Fx update that bit of css no longer worked and all tabs
> active or inactive were the same color.

You should always expect firefox to break your userChrome.css, them's
the rules :-)

> Nobody(jock@.) gave a possible solution that worked.
> Excellent thanks...
>
> So then I was interested in what update had done the (Expletive Alpha 6
> alpha 21) css tab color annoyance.
>
> Translated for you an F and a U :-)

I don't think anyone on usenet expects to be protected from expletives,
I actually wondered if "alpha 6" and "alpha 21" were some test-fork code
labels, but couldn't find aything

> I did some 'xperiments' and discovered it was the update from 20.0.1 to
> the most recent 21.0 that had done the deed.

first I wondered if your version numbers were typos, or a broken '1'
key, but you used 2x.y.z instead of 12x.y.z so consistently I though you
must be complaining about a decade old firefox

> So I thought I'd pass on that bit of info.
> Ta da!
> End of story... :-)

Re: A css question

<5b19666a41news@triffid.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2054&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#2054

From: news@triffid.co.uk (News)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 16:01:02 +0000 (GMT)
 by: News - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 16:01 UTC

In article <kv21blF7do2U2@mid.individual.net>,
Andy Burns <usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:

> I don't think anyone on usenet expects to be protected from expletives,
> I actually wondered if "alpha 6" and "alpha 21" were some test-fork code
> labels, but couldn't find aything

Very good, I like that. :-)

As for expletives...
In the past Chris Ilias threw me off the old Fx Moz newsgroup a number of
times over the years for some comments he didn't like... Eventually fixing
me out at server level when I sneaked back as someone else. :-)

I'll admit to being a GOM back in the days... (Grumpy Old Man).
But...
As I've gotten older, I've become a mellow fellow and try not be be overly
offensive. :-/

> > I did some 'xperiments' and discovered it was the update from 20.0.1 to
> > the most recent 21.0 that had done the deed.

> first I wondered if your version numbers were typos, or a broken '1'
> key, but you used 2x.y.z instead of 12x.y.z so consistently I though you
> must be complaining about a decade old firefox

Fair comment...

I think it was a brain Fart of the n'th order on my part, as the "1" key
seems to be working okay.

Best wishes for this coming new year.

D.

computers / alt.comp.software.firefox / Re: A css question