From: rek2@hispagatos.org.invalid (rek2 hispagatos)
Newsgroups: news.software.nntp
Subject: Inn2.x question
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 17:15:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: rek2 hispagatos - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 17:15 UTC

Hello, I been running inn for only 1 month or so now,
and notice some of my groups are getting propagated with my peers but
not all of them. For example
hispagatos.talk does propagate but
hispagatos.ayuda and hispagatos.comunicados does not.

I added this to last one 2 weeks a go, the hispagatos.talk I added when
I added my first configurations, I can't recall if I need to add the
groups I want to propagate around my peers in a configuration file or
what did I do for the first one.

Any help will be nice, sorry I am learning INN2 as I go.

PD: do alt.* also need to be submited for approval if I create one?

Thanks
ReK2

--
- {gemini,https}://{,rek2.}hispagatos.org - mastodon: @rek2@hispagatos.space
- [https|gemini]://2600.Madrid - https://hispagatos.space/@rek2

Re: Inn2.x question

<160f310b4d4ef92c62e5a4bb139d6ab9@news.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2052&group=news.software.nntp#2052

From: retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: news.software.nntp
Subject: Re: Inn2.x question
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 18:11:49 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 18:11 UTC

rek2 hispagatos wrote:

> Hello, I been running inn for only 1 month or so now,
> and notice some of my groups are getting propagated with my peers but
> not all of them. For example
> hispagatos.talk does propagate but
> hispagatos.ayuda and hispagatos.comunicados does not.

> I added this to last one 2 weeks a go, the hispagatos.talk I added when
> I added my first configurations, I can't recall if I need to add the
> groups I want to propagate around my peers in a configuration file or
> what did I do for the first one.

Hi, admin of one of your peers here.

My servers do not carry hispagatos.*, so they won't be accepted here.
I can certainly add the groups, and would be happy to, but your peers need
to be aware if you wish to add groups for them to carry and accept articles
from.

You may wish to read here: https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/usenet-hier.html
for info on how to advertise your hierarchy.

--
Retro Guy

Re: Inn2.x question

<ub43o7$8041$2@matrix.hispagatos.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2053&group=news.software.nntp#2053

From: rek2@hispagatos.org.invalid (rek2 hispagatos)
Newsgroups: news.software.nntp
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 01:43:35 -0000 (UTC)
 by: rek2 hispagatos - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 01:43 UTC

On 2023-08-10, Retro Guy <retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com> wrote:
> rek2 hispagatos wrote:
>
>> Hello, I been running inn for only 1 month or so now,
>> and notice some of my groups are getting propagated with my peers but
>> not all of them. For example
>> hispagatos.talk does propagate but
>> hispagatos.ayuda and hispagatos.comunicados does not.
>
>> I added this to last one 2 weeks a go, the hispagatos.talk I added when
>> I added my first configurations, I can't recall if I need to add the
>> groups I want to propagate around my peers in a configuration file or
>> what did I do for the first one.
>
> Hi, admin of one of your peers here.
>
> My servers do not carry hispagatos.*, so they won't be accepted here.
> I can certainly add the groups, and would be happy to, but your peers need
> to be aware if you wish to add groups for them to carry and accept articles
> from.
>
> You may wish to read here: https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/usenet-hier.html
> for info on how to advertise your hierarchy.

Thank you for the link, about to open it now to RTFM a bit :) thank you.
Also yes please add hispagatos.* you can ignore hispagatos.test if you
like.

Thanks.

--
- {gemini,https}://{,rek2.}hispagatos.org - mastodon: @rek2@hispagatos.space
- [https|gemini]://2600.Madrid - https://hispagatos.space/@rek2
- https://keyoxide.org/A31C7CE19D9C58084EA42BA26C0B0D11E9303EC5

Re: Inn2.x question

<nsn.20230814014010.835@scatha.ancalagon.de>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2056&group=news.software.nntp#2056

From: thh@thh.name (Thomas Hochstein)
Newsgroups: news.software.nntp
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 01:40:13 +0200
 by: Thomas Hochstein - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 23:40 UTC

rek2 hispagatos schrieb:

> Hello, I been running inn for only 1 month or so now,
> and notice some of my groups are getting propagated with my peers but
> not all of them.

- You need to sent messages posted to that groups to your peers.

- Your peers need to create those groups, too.

- Your peers need to accept messages posted to that groups from you.