From: nospam.Mike.Dippel@p5.f1321.n712.z3.fidonet.org (Mike Dippel)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Nodes Busy Notification
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 01:19:38 +1300
 by: Mike Dippel - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 12:19 UTC

Something strange happened. The file mystic.exe disappeared somehow from the
folder. I
replaced it and tried running mutil command. Nothing is processing because
there is a
warning that all nodes a busy.

There is probably a file somewhere that would confirm this, but I am not sure
which file it
would be.

I tried rebooting twice, making sure that the semaphore directory was empty.
Still no luck.

Can anyone help?

Mike Dippel

Re: Nodes Busy Notification

<1713516312@f664.n229.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2052&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2052

From: nospam.Jay.Harris@f664.n229.z1.fidonet.org (Jay Harris)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: Nodes Busy Notification
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 04:43:50 +1300
 by: Jay Harris - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 15:43 UTC

On Friday April 19 2024, Mike Dippel said the following...

MD> Something strange happened. The file mystic.exe disappeared somehow
MD> from the folder. I replaced it and tried running mutil command.
MD> Nothing is processing because there is a warning that all nodes a
MD> busy.

MD> There is probably a file somewhere that would confirm this, but I am
MD> not sure which file it would be.

MD> I tried rebooting twice, making sure that the semaphore directory was
MD> empty. Still no luck.

MD> Can anyone help?

Try running:

mis poll killbusy

Jay

.... Need an ark to save two of every animal? I noah guy!

Re: Nodes Busy Notification

<330339246@p6.f1321.n712.z3.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2053&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2053

From: nospam.Mike.Dippel@p6.f1321.n712.z3.fidonet.org (Mike Dippel)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 08:26:06 +1300
 by: Mike Dippel - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 19:26 UTC

On 19 Apr 2024, Jay Harris said the following...
JH> On Friday April 19 2024, Mike Dippel said the following...
JH>
JH> MD> Something strange happened. The file mystic.exe disappeared somehow
JH> MD> from the folder. I replaced it and tried running mutil command.
JH> MD> Nothing is processing because there is a warning that all nodes a
JH> MD> busy.
JH>
JH> MD> There is probably a file somewhere that would confirm this, but I am
JH> MD> not sure which file it would be.
JH>
JH> MD> I tried rebooting twice, making sure that the semaphore directory was
JH> MD> empty. Still no luck.
JH>
JH> MD> Can anyone help?
JH>
JH> Try running:
JH>
JH> mis poll killbusy

Jay

Thanks for that! I will keep that in my memory banks.

Mike Dippel
Sun City Center, FL
HobbyNet Hub

Re: Nodes Busy Notification

<354584758@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2054&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2054

From: nospam.Al.DeRosa@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org (Al DeRosa)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 21:39:41 +1300
 by: Al DeRosa - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 08:39 UTC

Mike you are running in Linux right? I have crash recovery scripts for both
Windows and Linux, the Linux one I wrote and is basic, the Windows one was
written by SysOpSolaris, they both do the job quite well. THey kill all busy
semaphores, and remove any other semaphores that are lingering around.. If you
want it I will email you them...

Al

.... A Meteor is an example of a rock star.