From: Jordee@Noplace.com (Jordee)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: NAS Not Available
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 09:52:59 -0700
 by: Jordee - Sat, 24 Jul 2021 16:52 UTC

Several Win 7 Pro laptops.
Problem only on one if them.

Start up windows and only two of six NAS drives are enabled.
Disabled ones have a red X on them.

All have drives letters.

When I click on the drive letter the NAS shows up and the red X disappears.
The drive is now enabled and working fully.

Why ?
How do I get windows to enable on start up ?

Re: NAS Not Available

<sdhkg1$iq0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2031&group=alt.windows7.general#2031

From: Zaidy036@air.isp.spam (Zaidy036)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: Re: NAS Not Available
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 14:00:34 -0400
 by: Zaidy036 - Sat, 24 Jul 2021 18:00 UTC

On 7/24/2021 12:52 PM, Jordee wrote:
> Several Win 7 Pro laptops.
> Problem only on one if them.
>
> Start up windows and only two of six NAS drives are enabled.
> Disabled ones have a red X on them.
>
> All have drives letters.
>
> When I click on the drive letter the NAS shows up and the red X disappears.
> The drive is now enabled and working fully.
>
> Why ?
> How do I get windows to enable on start up ?

This is what I use in batch using "Log In of any user using Tas0k
Scheduler":
<https://gist.github.com/BattleNonSense/fb27377bc8a0ca2e9c58f28924ce277b>

Re: NAS Not Available

<sdhm0j$11r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2032&group=alt.windows7.general#2032

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 14:26:27 -0400
 by: Paul - Sat, 24 Jul 2021 18:26 UTC

Jordee wrote:
> Several Win 7 Pro laptops.
> Problem only on one if them.
>
> Start up windows and only two of six NAS drives are enabled.
> Disabled ones have a red X on them.
>
> All have drives letters.
>
> When I click on the drive letter the NAS shows up and the red X disappears.
> The drive is now enabled and working fully.
>
> Why ?
> How do I get windows to enable on start up ?

Four drive letters on your 4-in-1 card reader
conflict with your attempt to do persistent
mounts of the NAS boxes ?

This might not go into the level of detail required.
The software is free for home users.

https://www.uwe-sieber.de/usbdlm_e.html

USB card readers can be configured to not use
a drive letter when no media is in the slot
for a particular card type. Thus, instead of
unnecessarily using up E:, F:, G:, H: ,
those letters then become available for NAS mounts.

But this might not necessarily solve the problem of
an SD being plugged into the laptop during a reboot.
In which case, one of the NAS mounts will be denied
again. The tool Uwe wrote, solves the letter choices
various other ways, so there are no conflicts at all.

The idea is, the Uwe tool lifts E: F: G: H:
up to T: U: V: W: and then the NAS can use E:
if the persistent mount tries to do that.

This answer is based on the amount of damage
being "4" items. It's a best guess, based
on the damage on another user machine being
that damn Card Reader all the time. Any time
something funky happens, I have to ask myself
whether it's related to the card reader or not.

My laptop has only a single SD slot, so only one NAS
could be wiped out by it. The SD slot still has the
plastic plug for the hole.