From: fungus@amongus.com.invalid (Retrograde)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Subject: my favorite computer: an old Mac
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 18:55:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Retrograde - Wed, 12 Oct 2022 18:55 UTC

From the «me too» department:
Feed: OSnews
Title: My favourite computer: an old Mac
Author: Thom Holwerda
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 17:47:49 -0400
Link: https://www.osnews.com/story/135384/my-favourite-computer-an-old-mac/

This Macintosh Classic II wasn’t the best computer of its day, it wasn’t even
the best Mac available at the time, but 30 years on and as its second owner it
has unexpectedly become one of my favourite computers[1].

The Classic II sits on a desk in the corner of my living room, just beside my
main front window. It takes up a small amount of space, is unassuming, and
always looks happy, ready to serve me whenever I call on it.

There’s definitely something to be said about using an old, disconnected
computer for certain tasks. Of course, this imposes a lot of limits that may end
up frustrating and annoying, but it may also be calming.

Links:
[1]: http://muezza.ca/thoughts/favourite_computer/ (link)

--
Usenet: antisocial media

Re: my favorite computer: an old Mac

<slrntkj4cm.3qu.anthk@openbsd.home.local>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2014&group=comp.misc#2014

From: anthk@disroot.org (Anthk)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Subject: Re: my favorite computer: an old Mac
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 21:12:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Anthk - Fri, 14 Oct 2022 21:12 UTC

On 2022-10-12, Retrograde <fungus@amongus.com.invalid> wrote:
> From the «me too» department:
> Feed: OSnews
> Title: My favourite computer: an old Mac
> Author: Thom Holwerda
> Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 17:47:49 -0400
> Link: https://www.osnews.com/story/135384/my-favourite-computer-an-old-mac/
>

> This Macintosh Classic II wasn’t the best computer of its day, it wasn’t even
> the best Mac available at the time, but 30 years on and as its second owner it
> has unexpectedly become one of my favourite computers[1].
>
> The Classic II sits on a desk in the corner of my living room, just beside my
> main front window. It takes up a small amount of space, is unassuming, and
> always looks happy, ready to serve me whenever I call on it.
>
> There’s definitely something to be said about using an old, disconnected
> computer for certain tasks. Of course, this imposes a lot of limits that may end
> up frustrating and annoying, but it may also be calming.
>
> Links:
> [1]: http://muezza.ca/thoughts/favourite_computer/ (link)

Good. I already helper the author of the post on Bitlbee as a gateway from
IRC to multiple IM/chat services.