From: dave@triffid.co.uk (Dave)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Subject: Import a border into Impression Publisher
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 21:42:02 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Dave - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 21:42 UTC

Good day folks.
It's a very long time since I've used Imp Publisher for anything, so my
rust on the app is well ingrained.

Can someone please explain how to Import a border in to Publisher?

I have no problem doing "Menu-Frame-Border import" and up pops the "Border
import" window.

But how do I get the drawfile of a legit border into that window.

At the moment, as soon as I go for the border drawfile, the Border import
window vanishes.

Thanks
Dave

--

Dave Triffid

Re: Import a border into Impression Publisher

<ureuen$1ogl5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1985&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1985

From: sparkin73@gmail.com (Stephen Parkin)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Subject: Re: Import a border into Impression Publisher
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 08:40:52 +0000
 by: Stephen Parkin - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 08:40 UTC

On 24/02/2024 21:42, Dave wrote:
> Good day folks.
> It's a very long time since I've used Imp Publisher for anything, so my
> rust on the app is well ingrained.
>
> Can someone please explain how to Import a border in to Publisher?
>
> I have no problem doing "Menu-Frame-Border import" and up pops the "Border
> import" window.
>
> But how do I get the drawfile of a legit border into that window.
>
> At the moment, as soon as I go for the border drawfile, the Border import
> window vanishes.
>
> Thanks
> Dave

Border import window stays open here until I press 'OK'

Import a border into Impression Publisher

<5b386910d1dave@triffid.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1986&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1986

From: dave@triffid.co.uk (Dave)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 21:12:16 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Dave - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 21:12 UTC

In article <ureuen$1ogl5$1@dont-email.me>,
Stephen Parkin <sparkin73@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24/02/2024 21:42, Dave wrote:
> > Good day folks.
> > It's a very long time since I've used Imp Publisher for anything, so my
> > rust on the app is well ingrained.
> >
> > Can someone please explain how to Import a border in to Publisher?
> >
> > I have no problem doing "Menu-Frame-Border import" and up pops the
> > "Border import" window.
> >
> > But how do I get the drawfile of a legit border into that window.
> >
> > At the moment, as soon as I go for the border drawfile, the Border
> > import window vanishes.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Dave
> >
> Border import window stays open here until I press 'OK'

Well it sure doesn't stay open here. :-/

VRPC RISC OS 6.20 Various installs including one that's on a Real Old
SARPC, and nothing I can do will keep that (naughty word) window open.

So time for some 'xperimentin' methinks.

For testing purposes, I have a number of VRPC and RPCEmu installs with
different RISC OS versions on them.

I appears it is an artifact/failing/bug in RISC OS 6.20 regardless of what
it's installed on.

That Publisher window will not stay open.

However, on a RISC OS 4.39 install, the Publisher window stay open for the
new border insert.

In case anyone else encounters this problem, the work around is:

I zipped up my working copy of Publisher, took it to a 4.39 install, did
the Border addition process, then put that Publisher back into my RISC OS
6.20.

Robert's my fathers brother... :-)

Dave

--

Dave Triffid

Re: Import a border into Impression Publisher

<5b38e43a23dave@triffid.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1987&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1987

From: dave@triffid.co.uk (Dave)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:37:31 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Dave - Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:37 UTC

In article <5b386910d1dave@triffid.co.uk>,
Dave <dave@triffid.co.uk> wrote:

[Snip]

> VRPC RISC OS 6.20 Various installs including one that's on a Real Old
> SARPC, and nothing I can do will keep that (naughty word) window open.

> So time for some 'xperimentin' methinks.

> For testing purposes, I have a number of VRPC and RPCEmu installs with
> different RISC OS versions on them.

> I appears it is an artifact/failing/bug in RISC OS 6.20 regardless of
> what it's installed on.

> That Publisher window will not stay open.

> However, on a RISC OS 4.39 install, the Publisher window stay open for
> the new border insert.

> In case anyone else encounters this problem, the work around is:

> I zipped up my working copy of Publisher, took it to a 4.39 install, did
> the Border addition process, then put that Publisher back into my RISC OS
> 6.20.

> Robert's my fathers brother... :-)

> Dave

Kind of footnote...

I powered up an old little used PC today which has VRPC-Adjust SA
installed on it, it's also running RISC OS 6.20.
The Publisher border window would not stay open either.

Publisher on RPCEmu 0.9.4 running RISC OS 6.20 also fails to stay open,
whereas, Publisher on RPCEmu 0.9.4 running RISC OS 4.39 the Border window
stays open.

Not that it is important now I've worked out a work around, but I wonder
just what in RISC OS 6.20 is causing that glitch?

Dave

--

Dave Triffid