From: Bears@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Subject: TB115, I want the same zoom in preview every boot.
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 17:13:18 -0500
 by: Big Al - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 22:13 UTC

Every time I load Thunderbird 115, I go to my inbox in the classic view, and look at any email then Ctrl+scroll up to
get the size font I want. Same I just noticed in this compose window. Both can be zoomed but both lose it on reload.

I'm looking for a way to get this fixed at a certain point. Kinda like Firefox that has a zoom level 100% etc you can
set in settings. Sounds feasible. Maybe some css or an about:config?
--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Al

Re: TB115, I want the same zoom in preview every boot.

<20231112181904.5ad60cd5@dev>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1970&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#1970

From: admin@sybershock.com (Syber Shock)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Subject: Re: TB115, I want the same zoom in preview every boot.
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 18:19:04 -0600
logging-data="3732234"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org";
posting-account="TzG3Hl99Aa0Fgb506WreKRgRTO2mG9+aGjVDifyfNqo";
 by: Syber Shock - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 00:19 UTC

On Sun, 12 Nov 2023 17:13:18 -0500
Big Al <Bears@invalid.com> wrote:

> Every time I load Thunderbird 115, I go to my inbox in the classic
> view, and look at any email then Ctrl+scroll up to get the size font
> I want. Same I just noticed in this compose window. Both can be
> zoomed but both lose it on reload.
>
> I'm looking for a way to get this fixed at a certain point. Kinda
> like Firefox that has a zoom level 100% etc you can set in settings.
> Sounds feasible. Maybe some css or an about:config?

Don't fiddle with CSS or about:config. Here is the solution.

From the Menu:
Edit > Settings > General > Fonts & Colors > Advanced

Select 'Fonts for Latin' from first drop-down menu.

Set 'minimum font size' from drop-down at bottom, which is scrollable.

Select 'Fonts for: Other Writing Systems' from first drop-down menu.

Set 'minimum font size' from drop-down at bottom, as with prior step.

You must set both 'Latin' and 'Other Writing Systems' because of the
various encodings that clients use to send messages to the network.
Even if they are writing with a Latin Font the encoding used by the
client software may be different. The 'Other Writing Systems' will
ensure those fonts render at the set minimum size.

If you want all fonts the exact same size at all times, be sure to also
set these to the exact same as the 'minimum font size':

Monspace: Size
Proporitional: Size
Default Font: Size

And they should be set to the same size and font-face as the default
font. These steps will render all message fonts to look the same face
and size.

Let me know if this helps or if there is any problem figuring it out.

--
Baggy Jeans Mafia | https://toot.syfershock.com/profile/crypto

Re: TB115, I want the same zoom in preview every boot.

<uirsjv$a107$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1974&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#1974

From: Bears@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 20:02:55 -0500
 by: Big Al - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 01:02 UTC

On 11/12/23 07:19 PM, this is what Syber Shock wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Nov 2023 17:13:18 -0500
> Big Al <Bears@invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> Every time I load Thunderbird 115, I go to my inbox in the classic
>> view, and look at any email then Ctrl+scroll up to get the size font
>> I want. Same I just noticed in this compose window. Both can be
>> zoomed but both lose it on reload.
>>
>> I'm looking for a way to get this fixed at a certain point. Kinda
>> like Firefox that has a zoom level 100% etc you can set in settings.
>> Sounds feasible. Maybe some css or an about:config?
>
> Don't fiddle with CSS or about:config. Here is the solution.
>
> From the Menu:
> Edit > Settings > General > Fonts & Colors > Advanced
>
> Select 'Fonts for Latin' from first drop-down menu.
>
> Set 'minimum font size' from drop-down at bottom, which is scrollable.
>
> Select 'Fonts for: Other Writing Systems' from first drop-down menu.
>
> Set 'minimum font size' from drop-down at bottom, as with prior step.
>
> You must set both 'Latin' and 'Other Writing Systems' because of the
> various encodings that clients use to send messages to the network.
> Even if they are writing with a Latin Font the encoding used by the
> client software may be different. The 'Other Writing Systems' will
> ensure those fonts render at the set minimum size.
>
> If you want all fonts the exact same size at all times, be sure to also
> set these to the exact same as the 'minimum font size':
>
> Monspace: Size
> Proporitional: Size
> Default Font: Size
>
> And they should be set to the same size and font-face as the default
> font. These steps will render all message fonts to look the same face
> and size.
>
> Let me know if this helps or if there is any problem figuring it out.

I'm not fiddling with any css or config. Just giving that as a possible fix.
I have all those fonts set to the same. Even in the advance setting.
Maybe I'll up the font size as I think it's small right now.
--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Al

Re: TB115, I want the same zoom in preview every boot.

<uirtor$a9q6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1975&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#1975

From: Bears@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 20:22:35 -0500
 by: Big Al - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 01:22 UTC

On 11/12/23 08:02 PM, this is what Big Al wrote:
> On 11/12/23 07:19 PM, this is what Syber Shock wrote:
>> On Sun, 12 Nov 2023 17:13:18 -0500
>> Big Al <Bears@invalid.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Every time I load Thunderbird 115, I go to my inbox in the classic
>>> view, and look at any email then Ctrl+scroll up to get the size font
>>> I want.   Same I just noticed in this compose window.   Both can be
>>> zoomed but both lose it on reload.
>>>
>>> I'm looking for a way to get this fixed at a certain point.  Kinda
>>> like Firefox that has a zoom level 100% etc you can set in settings.
>>>   Sounds feasible.   Maybe some css or an about:config?
>>
>> Don't fiddle with CSS or about:config. Here is the solution.
>>
>>  From the Menu:
>> Edit > Settings > General > Fonts & Colors > Advanced
>>
>> Select 'Fonts for Latin' from first drop-down menu.
>>
>> Set 'minimum font size' from drop-down at bottom, which is scrollable.
>>
>> Select 'Fonts for: Other Writing Systems' from first drop-down menu.
>>
>> Set 'minimum font size' from drop-down at bottom, as with prior step.
>>
>> You must set both 'Latin' and 'Other Writing Systems' because of the
>> various encodings that clients use to send messages to the network.
>> Even if they are writing with a Latin Font the encoding used by the
>> client software may be different. The 'Other Writing Systems' will
>> ensure those fonts render at the set minimum size.
>>
>> If you want all fonts the exact same size at all times, be sure to also
>> set these to the exact same as the 'minimum font size':
>>
>> Monspace: Size
>> Proporitional: Size
>> Default Font: Size
>>
>> And they should be set to the same size and font-face as the default
>> font. These steps will render all message fonts to look the same face
>> and size.
>>
>> Let me know if this helps or if there is any problem figuring it out.
>>
> I'm not fiddling with any css or config.  Just giving that as a possible fix.
> I have all those fonts set to the same.  Even in the advance setting.
> Maybe I'll up the font size as I think it's small right now.
Well, it seems to work. I set it for 26pt. Faster to edit the prefs.js, I changed all languages. TB was off of course.
Thanks.
--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Al

computers / alt.comp.software.thunderbird / TB115, I want the same zoom in preview every boot.