"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." -- Ford Prefect, _Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy_

computers / alt.comp.software.firefox / My survey answer to Rite-Aid

SubjectAuthor
* My survey answer to Rite-Aidmicky
+* My survey answer to Rite-AidBig Al
|+* My survey answer to Rite-Aidmicky
||`* My survey answer to Rite-AidBig Al
|| `* My survey answer to Rite-Aidmicky
||  `- My survey answer to Rite-AidBig Al
|`* My survey answer to Rite-AidNewyana2
| `* My survey answer to Rite-AidThe Real Bev
|  +- My survey answer to Rite-Aidmicky
|  +* My survey answer to Rite-AidNewyana2
|  |`- My survey answer to Rite-AidThe Real Bev
|  `* My survey answer to Rite-Aidmicky
|   +* My survey answer to Rite-AidNobody
|   |+- My survey answer to Rite-Aidmicky
|   |`- My survey answer to Rite-AidThe Real Bev
|   `* My survey answer to Rite-AidThe Real Bev
|    `* My survey answer to Rite-AidBig Al
|     `- My survey answer to Rite-Aidmicky
`- My survey answer to Rite-Aidbad sector

1
My survey answer to Rite-Aid

<tfsrnihjbjaflb6o0b2o6dlc7dgntef0mc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1946&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1946

From: NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Subject: My survey answer to Rite-Aid
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 14:06:38 -0500
 by: micky - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 19:06 UTC

Not counting check boxes, here's my whole survey answer to Rite-Aid.
Feel free to comment, snipe at, or praise me. Walgreens bought
Rite-Aid, or vice versa, and they closed the Walgreens near me where I
had my prescriptions.

I included the whole thing for completeness, but it's section 3 I
thought would interest you here:

Your webpage has a couple big problems.

1) Less important but first chronologically, when I want to log in, on
Chrome or Firefox, it never remembers my userid/email address, even
though I saved it earlier and there is the proper entry in my Passwords.
Walgreens givese me the convenience, each time, of logging in just by
going to walgreens.com. I don't even have to click on Log In or click
again there. -- If you are doing this for my security, it's futile. If
some burglar breaks into my home and wants to access my pharmacy webpage
(like that will ever happen), he can gp to my Passwords and learn both
my userid and password. So having to click and type and click and
click again is just an inconvenience to me. (It does fill in my
password after I fill in my email.)

2) More important is that once a drug order, like a refill, is placed,
there is no way to see its status. You have no page that displays if
it's ready or in progress or cancelled. Again, Walgreens makes that
easy.

In the first example of this, I looked at the list of prescriptions
that could be refilled and I chose two. Days later at the pharmacy, one
was filled but the other had been cancelled, no prior notice to me (Talk
to your doctor, she said to me.). I had been transferred (without
asking me where I'd prefer to go) from a Walgreens store that closed and
somehow there were two lines for the same drug. One said that 2 refills
were left and the other that 3 refills are left. So after it was
cancelled I used the other line and your webpage again took me to a page
"https://www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/refill-prescriptions" which had the
first line checked (Prescription received). It had 3 more lines that
would track the progress of a prescription but there is NO way to get to
this page again. It has the same url as the list of drugs that can be
refilled. It needs to have a different url and a link from your
dashboard so that people can check on a prescription's progress.

You sent me an email when you got my refiill request, but no email, no
notice of any kind when you cancelled the order, even though
cancellation is unexpected and more important. You should send an email
when you cancel a prescription order. (It probably shouldn't have been
cancelled. I had refills remaining when I was at Walgreens, but
Walgreens has nothing to do with the impossibility of checking an
order's status,. )

3) Finally, I use Firefox (which is better than the competition) and
somehow there you changed what's available for refill and got rid of
both lines about atorvastatin. But when I went to Chrome, the very
same url says on one line that I have 3 refills of atorvastatin
remaining, and 2 refills on the other line. Your webpage should say
the same thing regardless of what browser is used. I don't know how you
managed this unless you keep more than one copy of my records, one for
Firefox and one for Chrome, and you should not do that.

I hope this detailed answer enables your programmers to fix these bugs.
Maybe it will help you understand the problems to see my very page, so
my userid is m....... If you need the password, feel free to write me.,
but I figure your programmers have a universal password or can find
mine.

Re: My survey answer to Rite-Aid

<ull59m$2if4o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1947&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1947

From: Bears@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Subject: Re: My survey answer to Rite-Aid
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 16:36:53 -0500
 by: Big Al - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 21:36 UTC

On 12/16/23 02:06 PM, this is what micky wrote:

> [...]
> order's status,. )
>
> 3) Finally, I use Firefox (which is better than the competition) and
> somehow there you changed what's available for refill and got rid of
> both lines about atorvastatin. But when I went to Chrome, the very
> same url says on one line that I have 3 refills of atorvastatin
> remaining, and 2 refills on the other line. Your webpage should say
> the same thing regardless of what browser is used. I don't know how you
> managed this unless you keep more than one copy of my records, one for
> Firefox and one for Chrome, and you should not do that.
>
> I hope this detailed answer enables your programmers to fix these bugs.
> Maybe it will help you understand the problems to see my very page, so
> my userid is m....... If you need the password, feel free to write me.,
> but I figure your programmers have a universal password or can find

Short answer, use Chrome!

There was a thread recently on one of these newsgroups that got to talking about Firefox hold on the market. Or better,
the lack of hold. About 2.2% or so. And when it get's to 2% market share the consensus is that the browser no longer
is viable. Meaning that web programmers have no reason to deal with a loser like Firefox.

I have a few sites that don't work with Firefox. OR don't work with Chrome, etc etc. I deal with it and don't wine
especially to the survey people of a merchant. Oh they might, maybe, do something but I had a hard time following your
complaint.

PS. you should proof read too before submission.
--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Al

Re: My survey answer to Rite-Aid

<0l6sni11d7rnt7vg1a4hevr7r73e0bt9l4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1948&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1948

From: NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 17:22:38 -0500
 by: micky - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 22:22 UTC

In alt.comp.software.firefox, on Sat, 16 Dec 2023 16:36:53 -0500, Big Al
<Bears@invalid.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> I hope this detailed answer enables your programmers to fix these bugs.
>> Maybe it will help you understand the problems to see my very page, so
>> my userid is m....... If you need the password, feel free to write me.,
>> but I figure your programmers have a universal password or can find
>> mine.
>>

>Short answer, use Chrome!
>
>There was a thread recently on one of these newsgroups that got to talking about Firefox hold on the market. Or better,
>the lack of hold. About 2.2% or so. And when it get's to 2% market share the consensus is that the browser no longer
>is viable. Meaning that web programmers have no reason to deal with a loser like Firefox.
>
>I have a few sites that don't work with Firefox. OR don't work with Chrome, etc etc. I deal with it and don't wine
>especially to the survey people of a merchant.

Well that's you. Even though they could fix it , you don't bother to
tell them what's wrong? OR, you don't think they read the surveys (even
though they give Other as an option and room for 4000 characters to
explain what Other is. You think they won't read that?

Also if you actually red my post, you'd have seen that the important
part was section 2, half of which which would have applied to any
browser and the other half was not about a browser at all.

> Oh they might, maybe, do something but I had a hard time following your
>complaint.

Yes, it is complicated and you're not paid to. If they actually send
this to the programming department, the guy who works on this page will
know what I'm talking about before he's half-way through each complaint.
Even the customer service guy should understand it

And this line like some others, unrelated to webbrowsers, was perfectly
clear: "You should send an email when you cancel a prescription order."

Plus "You have no page that displays if [an order] is ready or in
progress or cancelled. Again, Walgreens makes that easy."

>PS. you should proof read too before submission.

It took long enough already. This was just part of their survey.

What I wanted you to comment on was in section 3, that their list of
refillable prescriptions was different on different browsers. How did
that happen? It was probably correct in Firefox (and likely wrong in
Chrome), because 3 days ago and yesterday, the two lines for
Atorvastatin were there in Firefox, and after I asked to refill each of
them and something made them cancel each order, it was reasonable that
they erased or hid those lines. Yet they were still in the Chrome
version.

Why were they still in Chrome? If I were using Chrome, I could have
tried each line for a refill and wasted more time while I had two more
orders cancelled. So it seems like Chrome was wrong and Firefox was
right.

All in all, though Rite-Aid is closer and has, sort-of, a drive-through,
until they fix these web problems, I've decided to stick with Walgreens.
(Walgreens has a great webpage. Whoever designed it was just more
logical than at Rite-Aid. I didn't go into point b with them, of course,
but a) it has an order status page, b) if a drug is out of stock at one
Walgreens branch, it will display a map of the city with all the
branches and the day and time the drug will be in stock at every one of
them, and let you transfer the prescription to the store that has the
drug. And this is significant because there is a shortage of Ozempic.
I'm pretty sure I'd have seen a trace of that feature already if Rite
Aid had it. They really should just convert the Walgreens system to fit
rite-aid's files. )

Re: My survey answer to Rite-Aid

<ull9s5$2j394$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1951&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1951

From: Bears@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 17:55:01 -0500
 by: Big Al - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 22:55 UTC

On 12/16/23 05:22 PM, this is what micky wrote:
> [...]
> right.
>

> All in all, though Rite-Aid is closer and has, sort-of, a drive-through,
> until they fix these web problems, I've decided to stick with Walgreens.
> (Walgreens has a great webpage. Whoever designed it was just more
> logical than at Rite-Aid. I didn't go into point b with them, of course,
> but a) it has an order status page, b) if a drug is out of stock at one
> Walgreens branch, it will display a map of the city with all the
> branches and the day and time the drug will be in stock at every one of
> them, and let you transfer the prescription to the store that has the
> drug. And this is significant because there is a shortage of Ozempic.
> I'm pretty sure I'd have seen a trace of that feature already if Rite
> Aid had it. They really should just convert the Walgreens system to fit
I to have to give you the fact that the whole system is mucked up.
I use CVS, and I can see the status of any prescription, the details of each prescription, the status of any refill
request etc. I get text messages all the time when a refill is done, can't be filled right now (too early), or they
need to order meds not in stock. My only issue is I can no longer talk to the pharmacy, during covid and lack of help,
they put all calls to voicemail and after a while they just started saying you could not leave voicemail.

So yes, the system is mucked up, I got that part. I got the first impression that you were complaining about how
different browsers worked. I stuck with that idea.

You wanted "Feel free to comment, snipe at, or praise me."
--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Al

Click here to read the complete article
Re: My survey answer to Rite-Aid

<jknsnihb5fck7nfigi0fttpeer0hcsci70@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1953&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1953

From: NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 21:48:05 -0500
 by: micky - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 02:48 UTC

In alt.comp.software.firefox, on Sat, 16 Dec 2023 17:55:01 -0500, Big Al
<Bears@invalid.com> wrote:

>On 12/16/23 05:22 PM, this is what micky wrote:
>> In alt.comp.software.firefox, on Sat, 16 Dec 2023 16:36:53 -0500, Big Al
>> <Bears@invalid.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 12/16/23 02:06 PM, this is what micky wrote:

Big snip

> [...]
>> (Walgreens has a great webpage. Whoever designed it was just more
>> logical than at Rite-Aid. I didn't go into point b with them, of course,
>> but a) it has an order status page, b) if a drug is out of stock at one
>> Walgreens branch, it will display a map of the city with all the
>> branches and the day and time the drug will be in stock at every one of
>> them, and let you transfer the prescription to the store that has the
>> drug. And this is significant because there is a shortage of Ozempic.
>> I'm pretty sure I'd have seen a trace of that feature already if Rite
>> Aid had it. They really should just convert the Walgreens system to fit
>> rite-aid's files. )

>I to have to give you the fact that the whole system is mucked up.
>I use CVS, and I can see the status of any prescription, the details of each prescription, the status of any refill

They did send an email** when an automatic renewal was out of stock, so
they almost know how to do things. "The prescription you recently
requested to be filled that begins with 'OZ' is currently out of stock.
We have placed an urgent order and will notify you when it is ready. We
apologize for the inconvenience."

**I try to avoid texts and make it all email.

> I get text messages all the time when a refill is done, can't be filled right now (too early), or they
>need to order meds not in stock. My only issue is I can no longer talk to the pharmacy, during covid and lack of help,
>they put all calls to voicemail and after a while they just started saying you could not leave voicemail.

:-(

>So yes, the system is mucked up, I got that part. I got the first impression that you were complaining about how
>different browsers worked. I stuck with that idea.

I understand. That was the part that was relevant to the ng.

>You wanted "Feel free to comment, snipe at, or praise me."

True dat. I didn't think I would deserve sniping but I expected it
anyhow. I was trying to be gracious.. :-)

BTW, looking for other emails from them I searched my email on Rite-aid
and found one I hadn't noticed: Rite Aid filed for bankruptcy. One of
the largest pharmacy chains in the U.S., it has been weighed down by
slumping sales and opioid suits.

Chapter 11 bankruptcy, which is just reorganization,

Re: My survey answer to Rite-Aid

<ulms44$2umg0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1958&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1958

From: Newyana2@invalid.nospam (Newyana2)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 08:12:07 -0500
 by: Newyana2 - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 13:12 UTC

"Big Al" <Bears@invalid.com> wrote

| I have a few sites that don't work with Firefox. OR don't work with
Chrome, etc etc. I deal with it and don't wine
| especially to the survey people of a merchant.

I always figure that it doesn't hurt to let people know
that things aren't working. After calling my dentist a few
times to confirm an appt, because the process online
doesn't work, last week they sent me a simple email
link -- click the link, reply to their office email, they know
I got it. Very nice.

They've used patientconnect365.com and they've used
nexhealth.com. Those companies probably expect a response
via cellphone. Their sites are a pile of JSON crap. The coders
probably don't know how to code and don't know about
compatibility. This is all happening with automated software
these days. If you look at the source code for any such page
it's not readable nor editable. The CSS alone is more voluminous
than the whole page should be. The page content is embedded
in JSON and must be parsed out by a script. It's a Rube
Goldberg epidemic.

And of course, it's even more absurd than that. They start
sending appt confirmation emails 2 1/2 weeks in advance! It used
to be that both parties just assumed there was an appointment.
That's what an appt is, after all. Then people started asking for
confirmation repeatedly, for weeks. Why not? It's effortless on
their end. So it can help to make it not so effortless on their
end, by calling them and saying, "So sorry, I couldn't get that
webpage to work."

Re: My survey answer to Rite-Aid

<ulmsuh$2upg3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1960&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1960

From: Bears@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 08:26:41 -0500
 by: Big Al - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 13:26 UTC

On 12/16/23 09:48 PM, this is what micky wrote:
> BTW, looking for other emails from them I searched my email on Rite-aid
> and found one I hadn't noticed: Rite Aid filed for bankruptcy. One of
> the largest pharmacy chains in the U.S., it has been weighed down by
> slumping sales and opioid suits.
>
> Chapter 11 bankruptcy, which is just reorganization,
Interesting. I wondered why they went away.

--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Al

Re: My survey answer to Rite-Aid

<uln8e1$312ce$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1961&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1961

From: bashley101@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 08:42:39 -0800
 by: The Real Bev - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 16:42 UTC

On 12/17/23 5:12 AM, Newyana2 wrote:

> And of course, it's even more absurd than that. They start
> sending appt confirmation emails 2 1/2 weeks in advance! It used
> to be that both parties just assumed there was an appointment.
> That's what an appt is, after all. Then people started asking for
> confirmation repeatedly, for weeks. Why not? It's effortless on
> their end. So it can help to make it not so effortless on their
> end, by calling them and saying, "So sorry, I couldn't get that
> webpage to work."

Medical office 'portals' all seem to have been designed by idiots. I
see errors, but you can't correct them without finding the one person in
the entire organization who can actually fix the error, but who needs
authorization from the doctor who generated it who died four years ago...

I recently had to change an appointment with an actual office-person.
Even so, I received a reminder about the canceled appointment. I also
received a reminder about the new appointment, but when I showed up
there was no record of my appointment and the doc was at a different
office.

Quest Diagnostics, however, are REALLY good. Whoever did their web
design was a total pro. Their OFFICE even works. I wish that I could
print some of the stuff I see on the screen, but I could do it with a
screenshot if I really wanted to.

--
Cheers, Bev
"If you expect to score points by whining, join a European soccer team."

Re: My survey answer to Rite-Aid

<41buni5kca9gqtvhfg2m3m4uoiehne7eql@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1962&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1962

From: NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 12:35:56 -0500
 by: micky - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 17:35 UTC

In alt.comp.software.firefox, on Sun, 17 Dec 2023 08:42:39 -0800, The
Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 12/17/23 5:12 AM, Newyana2 wrote:
>
>> And of course, it's even more absurd than that. They start
>> sending appt confirmation emails 2 1/2 weeks in advance! It used
>> to be that both parties just assumed there was an appointment.
>> That's what an appt is, after all. Then people started asking for
>> confirmation repeatedly, for weeks. Why not? It's effortless on
>> their end. So it can help to make it not so effortless on their
>> end, by calling them and saying, "So sorry, I couldn't get that
>> webpage to work."
>
>Medical office 'portals' all seem to have been designed by idiots. I
>see errors, but you can't correct them without finding the one person in
>the entire organization who can actually fix the error, but who needs
>authorization from the doctor who generated it who died four years ago...

My main doctor's office recently changed from a mediocre portal to one
that gives even less information.

Not sure I'll continue to see them but every few months he would file
Continuing Care reports, even when he had not seen me. I'm sure these
are not forgeries and not fraud because he sees me every 6 months which
is surely often enough, but these CC reports come at other times, not
when he sees me.

>I recently had to change an appointment with an actual office-person.
>Even so, I received a reminder about the canceled appointment. I also
>received a reminder about the new appointment, but when I showed up
>there was no record of my appointment and the doc was at a different
>office.
>
>Quest Diagnostics, however, are REALLY good. Whoever did their web
>design was a total pro. Their OFFICE even works. I wish that I could
>print some of the stuff I see on the screen, but I could do it with a
>screenshot if I really wanted to.

Quest is pretty good, fine until recently, especially seeing results,
although last week I saw that I was tested on Thursday and could see the
results online by Sunday, but didn't receive an email saying the results
were there until 5AM on Tuesday. (Monday was not a holiday or anything.)
(I lose track but I think the radiology place also shows the results
well but may not notify me at all when they are there.)

But recently a flaw disclosed itself. Last August my endrocrinologist
ordered some blood tests and on my Quest - Your Activity home page it
showed up:
August 21, 2023, Dr. SMITH ordered MICKY a test CMP; HGB A1C to be
scheduled Schedule now.

That is still listed there even after I scheduled it and gave the blood.
Although no other order is listed there, only results, and every test
had an order that preceded it. The page goes back two years.

So two weeks ago when my internist said he was going to order blood
tests in advance of our appointment, I thought they too would appear on
the same page. When they didn't I called the doctor and got the
secretary to send it in again. When that didnt' work, I called Quest
and they already had the record of both of them.

They should be consistent, and it would be good if they emulated the
radiology place which sends me an email and has it listed on my page
when a doctor schedules something.

After my winter trip, I'll write to them. Do you think it will work?

(Sending a copy of this to myself, since I can use this text in my email
to them.)

Re: My survey answer to Rite-Aid

<KKOcnaeIgsDqHeL4nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1965&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1965

Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 18:12:55 -0500
From: forgetski@_INVALID.net (bad sector)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
 by: bad sector - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 23:12 UTC

On 12/16/23 14:06, micky wrote:

> 3) Finally, I use Firefox (which is better than the competition) and
> somehow there you changed what's available for refill and got rid of
> both lines about atorvastatin. But when I went to Chrome, the very
> same url says on one line that I have 3 refills of atorvastatin
> remaining, and 2 refills on the other line. Your webpage should say
> the same thing regardless of what browser is used. I don't know how you
> managed this unless you keep more than one copy of my records, one for
> Firefox and one for Chrome, and you should not do that.

I don't know about FF because I don't use it much anymore but
Thunderbird often shows like white text on also white background. This
may have to do with Qt (KDE) VS. GTK conflicts. Just guessing, the
problem type seems to be on the increase (I use only KDE or XFCE).

Re: My survey answer to Rite-Aid

<ulo82j$36c4o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1966&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1966

From: Newyana2@invalid.nospam (Newyana2)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 20:42:14 -0500
 by: Newyana2 - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 01:42 UTC

"The Real Bev" <bashley101@gmail.com> wrote

| Medical office 'portals' all seem to have been designed by idiots. I
| see errors, but you can't correct them without finding the one person in
| the entire organization who can actually fix the error, but who needs
| authorization from the doctor who generated it who died four years ago...

The ones I deal with have no connection to their
site at all. They contract with 3rd party services
that specialize in health websites. So the dentists
and doctors have no idea how any of it works. They
just know they have calendar software and the
company takes care of appt reminders, COVID forms,
and the like.

Re: My survey answer to Rite-Aid

<ulqc0m$3m18j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1969&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1969

From: bashley101@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 13:02:12 -0800
 by: The Real Bev - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 21:02 UTC

On 12/17/23 5:42 PM, Newyana2 wrote:
> "The Real Bev" <bashley101@gmail.com> wrote
>
> | Medical office 'portals' all seem to have been designed by idiots. I
> | see errors, but you can't correct them without finding the one person in
> | the entire organization who can actually fix the error, but who needs
> | authorization from the doctor who generated it who died four years ago...
> |

> The ones I deal with have no connection to their
> site at all. They contract with 3rd party services
> that specialize in health websites. So the dentists
> and doctors have no idea how any of it works. They
> just know they have calendar software and the
> company takes care of appt reminders, COVID forms,
> and the like.

The medical people have no clue about how the admin side works. They
have no idea about actual costs. I probably don't object to that. I'd
rather that docs did doctoring than paperwork. We just need better
office people or more conscientious office managers. I wouldn't object
to better doctors too, but they're harder to find. As far as I know
there's only one House, and he's off on a motorcycle trip with a guy who
just died in a different series. Cancer there too. Some actors are
just cursed.

--
Cheers, Bev
"We're so far beyond fucked we couldn't even catch a bus

Re: My survey answer to Rite-Aid

<74i4oitdtmeghbc2oicq99n1p4vjgsno2k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1980&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1980

From: NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 20:54:41 -0500
 by: micky - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 01:54 UTC

In alt.comp.software.firefox, on Sun, 17 Dec 2023 08:42:39 -0800, The
Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 12/17/23 5:12 AM, Newyana2 wrote:
>
>> And of course, it's even more absurd than that. They start
>> sending appt confirmation emails 2 1/2 weeks in advance! It used
>> to be that both parties just assumed there was an appointment.
>> That's what an appt is, after all. Then people started asking for
>> confirmation repeatedly, for weeks. Why not? It's effortless on
>> their end. So it can help to make it not so effortless on their
>> end, by calling them and saying, "So sorry, I couldn't get that
>> webpage to work."
>
>Medical office 'portals' all seem to have been designed by idiots. I
>see errors, but you can't correct them without finding the one person in
>the entire organization who can actually fix the error, but who needs
>authorization from the doctor who generated it who died four years ago...

One place where I was treated has a portal and on it it says I have
trouble with both knees. I've never had trouble with my knees and never
said a word about my knees to anyone.

On a different topic, I need an anxiety pill so I could make it through
an MRI, and twice one supermarket drugstore gave me twice the dosage
that was prescribed. Now if it's not factory wrapped, I look the pill
up online to see its picture and if it matches my pills. but some pills
come in so many forms it's not easy.

>I recently had to change an appointment with an actual office-person.
>Even so, I received a reminder about the canceled appointment. I also
>received a reminder about the new appointment, but when I showed up
>there was no record of my appointment and the doc was at a different
>office.
>
>Quest Diagnostics, however, are REALLY good. Whoever did their web
>design was a total pro. Their OFFICE even works. I wish that I could
>print some of the stuff I see on the screen, but I could do it with a
>screenshot if I really wanted to.

Re: My survey answer to Rite-Aid

<5ki4oil8gd80fj729nr2om4nu1s5qvte4d@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1981&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1981

From: jock@soccer.com (Nobody)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 18:05:33 -0800
 by: Nobody - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 02:05 UTC

On Tue, 19 Dec 2023 20:54:41 -0500, micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com>
wrote:

>In alt.comp.software.firefox, on Sun, 17 Dec 2023 08:42:39 -0800, The
>Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On 12/17/23 5:12 AM, Newyana2 wrote:
>>
>>> And of course, it's even more absurd than that. They start
>>> sending appt confirmation emails 2 1/2 weeks in advance! It used
>>> to be that both parties just assumed there was an appointment.
>>> That's what an appt is, after all. Then people started asking for
>>> confirmation repeatedly, for weeks. Why not? It's effortless on
>>> their end. So it can help to make it not so effortless on their
>>> end, by calling them and saying, "So sorry, I couldn't get that
>>> webpage to work."
>>
>>Medical office 'portals' all seem to have been designed by idiots. I
>>see errors, but you can't correct them without finding the one person in
>>the entire organization who can actually fix the error, but who needs
>>authorization from the doctor who generated it who died four years ago...
>
>One place where I was treated has a portal and on it it says I have
>trouble with both knees. I've never had trouble with my knees and never
>said a word about my knees to anyone.
>
>On a different topic, I need an anxiety pill so I could make it through
>an MRI, and twice one supermarket drugstore gave me twice the dosage
>that was prescribed. Now if it's not factory wrapped, I look the pill
>up online to see its picture and if it matches my pills. but some pills
>come in so many forms it's not easy.
>

>>I recently had to change an appointment with an actual office-person.
>>Even so, I received a reminder about the canceled appointment. I also
>>received a reminder about the new appointment, but when I showed up
>>there was no record of my appointment and the doc was at a different
>>office.
>>
>>Quest Diagnostics, however, are REALLY good. Whoever did their web
>>design was a total pro. Their OFFICE even works. I wish that I could
>>print some of the stuff I see on the screen, but I could do it with a
>>screenshot if I really wanted to.

Is a.c.s.frefox now a grumblebox for the shortcomings of Ammurican
medication dispensing?

CVS sold me a Chicago transit pass card once.. can't be all that bad!

Might we take the *micky* out of this group?

Re: My survey answer to Rite-Aid

<9656oi1n0u8bajjebiijt795j3u6guhuop@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1983&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1983

From: NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 11:25:06 -0500
 by: micky - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 16:25 UTC

In alt.comp.software.firefox, on Tue, 19 Dec 2023 18:05:33 -0800, Nobody
<jock@soccer.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Dec 2023 20:54:41 -0500, micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com>
>wrote:
>
>>In alt.comp.software.firefox, on Sun, 17 Dec 2023 08:42:39 -0800, The
>>Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Medical office 'portals' all seem to have been designed by idiots. I
>>>see errors, but you can't correct them without finding the one person in
>>>the entire organization who can actually fix the error, but who needs
>>>authorization from the doctor who generated it who died four years ago...
>>
>>One place where I was treated has a portal and on it it says I have
>>trouble with both knees. I've never had trouble with my knees and never
>>said a word about my knees to anyone.
>>
>>On a different topic, I need an anxiety pill so I could make it through
>>an MRI, and twice one supermarket drugstore gave me twice the dosage
>>that was prescribed. Now if it's not factory wrapped, I look the pill
>>up online to see its picture and if it matches my pills. but some pills
>>come in so many forms it's not easy.
>>

>>>I recently had to change an appointment with an actual office-person.
>>>Even so, I received a reminder about the canceled appointment. I also
>>>received a reminder about the new appointment, but when I showed up
>>>there was no record of my appointment and the doc was at a different
>>>office.
>>>
>>>Quest Diagnostics, however, are REALLY good. Whoever did their web
>>>design was a total pro. Their OFFICE even works. I wish that I could
>>>print some of the stuff I see on the screen, but I could do it with a
>>>screenshot if I really wanted to.
>
>Is a.c.s.frefox now a grumblebox for the shortcomings of Ammurican
>medication dispensing?

Yes.

>CVS sold me a Chicago transit pass card once.. can't be all that bad!

True.

>Might we take the *micky* out of this group?

No. I think you should try to explain point 3 of the original post.
It's a firefox question and you didn't even try to answer it.

Re: My survey answer to Rite-Aid

<ulvc5o$lqft$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1984&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1984

From: bashley101@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 10:35:34 -0800
 by: The Real Bev - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 18:35 UTC

On 12/19/23 5:54 PM, micky wrote:

> On a different topic, I need an anxiety pill so I could make it through
> an MRI, and twice one supermarket drugstore gave me twice the dosage
> that was prescribed. Now if it's not factory wrapped, I look the pill
> up online to see its picture and if it matches my pills. but some pills
> come in so many forms it's not easy.

Claustrophobia? My mom had it and couldn't do MRIs. I was afraid I
MIGHT have it and didn't want to discover it inside the tube, so I just
closed my eyes before they shoved me in and left them closed until they
pulled me out. They fed my audiobook in through the earphones, which is
much more distracting than music. In later procedures they didn't crank
the volume up enough to be heard over the machine noises, so I just told
them to put classical music on.

Ultimately I thought "this is stupid" and opened my eyes during the
procedure. The machine had the illusion of a skylight with blue sky and
white clouds. A different machine didn't have that, but it didn't
bother me unless I actually thought about being trapped in a tube, so I
still closed my eyes.

Now they have 'open' MRI machines for fat and/or claustrophobic people.
Good luck!

--
Cheers, Bev
"I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look

Re: My survey answer to Rite-Aid

<ulvcem$lqft$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1985&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1985

From: bashley101@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 10:40:22 -0800
 by: The Real Bev - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 18:40 UTC

On 12/19/23 6:05 PM, Nobody wrote:

> Is a.c.s.frefox now a grumblebox for the shortcomings of Ammurican
> medication dispensing?

Why not? Let's celebrate being free of Chris' nannyisms!

> CVS sold me a Chicago transit pass card once.. can't be all that bad!

They took my passport photos and gave me a COVID shot. I shop at
Walmart, Ralph's and the dollar store for drugstore items.

> Might we take the *micky* out of this group?

Is that synonymous with "taking the piss out of" something?

--
Cheers, Bev
"I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look
of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs
think humans are nuts." -- John Steinbeck

Re: My survey answer to Rite-Aid

<ulvfk3$mcdg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1988&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1988

From: alan@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 14:34:27 -0500
 by: Big Al - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 19:34 UTC

On 12/20/23 01:35 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 12/19/23 5:54 PM, micky wrote:
>
>> On a different topic, I need an anxiety pill so I could make it through
>> an MRI, and twice one supermarket drugstore gave me twice the dosage
>> that was prescribed.  Now if it's not factory wrapped, I look the pill
>> up online to see its picture and if it matches my pills.  but some pills
>> come in so many forms it's not easy.
>
> Claustrophobia?  My mom had it and couldn't do MRIs.  I was afraid I MIGHT have it and didn't want to discover it inside
> the tube, so I just closed my eyes before they shoved me in and left them closed until they pulled me out.  They fed my
> audiobook in through the earphones, which is much more distracting than music.  In later procedures they didn't crank
> the volume up enough to be heard over the machine noises, so I just told them to put classical music on.
>
> Ultimately I thought "this is stupid" and opened my eyes during the procedure.  The machine had the illusion of a
> skylight with blue sky and white clouds.  A different machine didn't have that, but it didn't bother me unless I
> actually thought about being trapped in a tube, so I still closed my eyes.
>
> Now they have 'open' MRI machines for fat and/or claustrophobic people. Good luck!

I've had 5 back surgeries done, and about 25 MRI's to go with it.
I was the same as you. Take a valium, put me in the tube and don't talk to me at all. Just pull me out when done, I've
got that little squeeze ball if I'm in trouble, or I'll yell. 😀
--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Al

Re: My survey answer to Rite-Aid

<cadaoit8qa441l9ud6stlufkfqo99rr78r@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1996&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1996

From: NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 02:27:08 -0500
 by: micky - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 07:27 UTC

In alt.comp.software.firefox, on Wed, 20 Dec 2023 14:34:27 -0500, Big Al
<alan@invalid.com> wrote:

>On 12/20/23 01:35 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
>> On 12/19/23 5:54 PM, micky wrote:
>>
>>> On a different topic, I need an anxiety pill so I could make it through
>>> an MRI, and twice one supermarket drugstore gave me twice the dosage
>>> that was prescribed.  Now if it's not factory wrapped, I look the pill
>>> up online to see its picture and if it matches my pills.  but some pills
>>> come in so many forms it's not easy.

By which I mean they may have pictures of some of the versions of a drug
but some come in 10 versions and you wont' find all of them in Google
Images.

Walgreens describes the pill in he paper they give you. They give the
color, what letters are steamped into the pill, and the outline of the
pill. This last time, the outline matched the pills they gave me last
time, but this time the pills were a little more pointed. They were
white as the paper said they were, and they had 1C stamped in them, and
so I'm satisfied, but I still think I should try to find the shape in
Google Images.

>> Claustrophobia?

Yes. It's not that bad. Elevators don't bother me, and twice I've
walked alone through a narrow unlit 1/3 mile tunnel. But I knew I could
get out at either end. Once I even went caving, crawling where I
coldnt' get even partly on my knees. I had to control myself then. I'm
never going caving again. Once was more than enough.

> My mom had it and couldn't do MRIs.  I was afraid I MIGHT have it

Sure, that makes sense.

>and didn't want to discover it inside
>> the tube, so I just closed my eyes before they shoved me in and left them closed until they pulled me out.  They fed my
>> audiobook in through the earphones, which is much more distracting than music.

Yes it would be more. You can really concentrate on science radio or
something. If I have to have another, I will do that.

> In later procedures they didn't crank
>> the volume up enough to be heard over the machine noises, so I just told them to put classical music on.
>>
>> Ultimately I thought "this is stupid" and opened my eyes during the procedure.  The machine had the illusion of a
>> skylight with blue sky and white clouds.

That sounds nice. The last one I looked and it was light tan or cream
and semi rough and my eyes could not tell how far away it was.

>  A different machine didn't have that, but it didn't bother me unless I
>> actually thought about being trapped in a tube, so I still closed my eyes.
>>
>> Now they have 'open' MRI machines for fat and/or claustrophobic people. Good luck!

Thank you. I think OPen might mean a lower quality image, fine for most
things but occasionally better is better. The place I went last month
had two machines, but the webpage where I made the appointment said
nothihng about that. So I called and I'd been assigned to the smaller
machine. I asked for the 2T and she gave it to me. Not only is it a
little bigger but the picture took 20 or 25 minutes, quite a bit less
than the other machine. Along with the drug, I didn't have much
trouble.

>I've had 5 back surgeries done, and about 25 MRI's to go with it.
>I was the same as you. Take a valium, put me in the tube and don't talk to me at all. Just pull me out when done, I've
>got that little squeeze ball if I'm in trouble, or I'll yell. ?

That wouldn't be enough for me. The first time about 10 years ago,
there was no squeeze ball and the guy was in the next room so he
wouldnt' get zapped, and I had to yell for 20 seconds. He hadn't
finished, or even started, so that's when I made the other appointment
with the Ativan,

I should have gone there and taken it then but I was running late and it
was a 10 minute drive with no chance of getting stuck in traffic so I
took it just before I left home. Shouldn't have done that but what made
it worse is, it was twice the requested dosage. I was 3 minutes from
home when i got dizzy and I hit the curb at 30 mph. then I tried
running the mile and half, but I got there late. i went back and a
homeowner called a tow-truck for me. I took it to my house and it was
the biggest repair I ever got to do. Wheel, brake disk, ball joint,
and half-axle, all broken. And I fixed it right, so it all worked out
well.

I got a matching rim from a web site.

computers / alt.comp.software.firefox / My survey answer to Rite-Aid