MS-DOS, you can't live with it, you can live without it. -- from Lars Wirzenius' .sig

computers / alt.comp.software.firefox / Re: 400 Bad Request

SubjectAuthor
* 400 Bad Requestemfril
+* 400 Bad RequestJörg_Lorenz
|+* 400 Bad RequestBig Al
||`* 400 Bad RequestFrank Miller
|| `* 400 Bad RequestRetirednoguilt
||  `* 400 Bad RequestBig Al
||   `- 400 Bad RequestKilladebug
|`* 400 Bad RequestThe Chief
| `- 400 Bad RequestJoerg Lorenz
+* 400 Bad RequestVanguardLH
|+* 400 Bad Requestemfril
||+- 400 Bad RequestVanguardLH
||`- 400 Bad RequestJörg_Lorenz
|`* 400 Bad RequestJohn
| `* 400 Bad RequestVanguardLH
|  `* 400 Bad RequestJohn
|   +* 400 Bad RequestVanguardLH
|   |`* 400 Bad RequestJohn
|   | +* 400 Bad RequestVanguardLH
|   | |+- 400 Bad RequestCarlos E.R.
|   | |`* 400 Bad Requestgym
|   | | `* 400 Bad RequestVanguardLH
|   | |  `- 400 Bad Requestcandycanearter07
|   | `* 400 Bad RequestNews
|   |  `* 400 Bad RequestDave Roya
|   |   `* 400 Bad RequestNews
|   |    `- 400 Bad RequestFrank Miller
|   `- 400 Bad RequestCarlos E. R.
`- 400 Bad RequestAmmammata

Pages:12
Re: 400 Bad Request

<1x3y9ljkczl4a$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1936&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1936

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Subject: Re: 400 Bad Request
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 05:03:53 -0600
Sender: V@nguard.LH
 by: VanguardLH - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 11:03 UTC

gym <no_one@example.net> wrote:

> As far as posting hours in a QR code, heck, they don't even post them on
> the door. Many places that I used to frequent have scratched off the
> closing time because they want to close early if there aren't enough
> customers, which means you have to call before you go every time to make
> sure they're open.

I've been to places where you have their menu (paper or online), but
still have to call them to check if they're serving what you want. Had
to do that with one place to find out if the chef was going to make
broasted chicken that night, and when (he started different times of the
evening). I've been to places that have a web site, those prices are
incorrect, so I have to go into the shop to check, and I'll tell them
their board prices are higher than their web site prices, but they do
nothing to update their web site, so they are always misleading their
customers with their lower web site prices.

I also don't have my phone grafted to me. Might still be at home, or it
could be powered off when I visit a shop. A paper sign with hours, or a
menu, or both doesn't need any power, and requires no ancilliary
electronics. I know it sounds radical these days, but I still read
paper books.

Re: 400 Bad Request

<ulhudh$1uv5a$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1938&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1938

From: no@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 10:21:05 -0600
 by: candycanearter07 - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 16:21 UTC

On 12/15/23 05:03, VanguardLH wrote:
> gym <no_one@example.net> wrote:
>
>> As far as posting hours in a QR code, heck, they don't even post them on
>> the door. Many places that I used to frequent have scratched off the
>> closing time because they want to close early if there aren't enough
>> customers, which means you have to call before you go every time to make
>> sure they're open.
>
> I've been to places where you have their menu (paper or online), but
> still have to call them to check if they're serving what you want. Had
> to do that with one place to find out if the chef was going to make
> broasted chicken that night, and when (he started different times of the
> evening). I've been to places that have a web site, those prices are
> incorrect, so I have to go into the shop to check, and I'll tell them
> their board prices are higher than their web site prices, but they do
> nothing to update their web site, so they are always misleading their
> customers with their lower web site prices.

That feels a bit intentional. The web prices thing.

Re: 400 Bad Request

<5b134bd86enews@triffid.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1940&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1940

From: news@triffid.co.uk (News)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 19:33:36 +0000 (GMT)
 by: News - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 19:33 UTC

In article <ulh55j$1rf93$1@dont-email.me>,
Dave Royal<dave@dave123royal.com> wrote:
> On 15 Dec 2023 08:29:37 +0000 (GMT) News wrote:
> >In article <f8fnnil3kci7vkhtlacrvdn8j7ictvjtrr@4ax.com>,
> >Even harder to read for some of us.
> >Here with multiple phones in the house and not one of them can read a QR
> >code.
> >
> >Even the Android smartphone is incapable of even installing a QR code
> >reader because the expletive version of Android is too old...
> >
> >And no, the old version of Android can't be updated, so neither can it
> >install a QR reader app.

> How old is your Android? I have ZXing on my Android 4.4 and still have
> it on thus Android 13 tablet, The help menu directs to here:
> <https://github.com/zxing/zxing>

> It's in Playstore, or I'm sure you can find an APK.

It's Android 4.4.2 KitKat.

It tells me "Your software is up to date."

Thanks for the above info, but having looked, I have no idea what it is,
or what to do with it. :-(

Playstore says it doesn't exist.

D.

Re: 400 Bad Request

<657CB6A7.4010609@backwurst.de>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1941&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1941

From: miller@posteo.ee (Frank Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 21:27:19 +0100
 by: Frank Miller - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 20:27 UTC

News wrote:
> In article <ulh55j$1rf93$1@dont-email.me>,
> Dave Royal<dave@dave123royal.com> wrote:
>> On 15 Dec 2023 08:29:37 +0000 (GMT) News wrote:
>> >In article <f8fnnil3kci7vkhtlacrvdn8j7ictvjtrr@4ax.com>,
>> >Even harder to read for some of us.
>> >Here with multiple phones in the house and not one of them can read a QR
>> >code.
>> >
>> >Even the Android smartphone is incapable of even installing a QR code
>> >reader because the expletive version of Android is too old...
>> >
>> >And no, the old version of Android can't be updated, so neither can it
>> >install a QR reader app.
>
>> How old is your Android? I have ZXing on my Android 4.4 and still have
>> it on thus Android 13 tablet, The help menu directs to here:
>> <https://github.com/zxing/zxing>
>
>> It's in Playstore, or I'm sure you can find an APK.
>
> It's Android 4.4.2 KitKat.

Obsqr https://f-droid.org/en/packages/trikita.obsqr/ requires at least
Android 4.0.3

QR Scanner (PFA) https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.secuso.privacyFriendlyCodeScanner/
requires 4.2

Binary Eye https://f-droid.org/en/packages/de.markusfisch.android.binaryeye/
requires 2.3

Barcode-Scanner https://f-droid.org/packages/com.google.zxing.client.android/
requires 4.4

HTH

computers / alt.comp.software.firefox / Re: 400 Bad Request