From: ant@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: Time to for an one in one color laser printer instead of inkjet?
Newsgroups: alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 17:17:35 -0500
 by: Ant - Sat, 9 Jul 2022 22:17 UTC

Ink cartridges are so expensive especially when printing a lot of web
pages and documents at home in both colors and B&W with previous HP
OfficeJet Pros (8600 and 8028e). Also, copying, scanning, and faxing
through old fashion phone lines. Do toners last longer? Are laser ones
any better even though they cost more? I noticed laser types are HUGE!
Quality results aren't required, but nice to have for rare photos,
cards, etc.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
Time to replace HP PhotoSmart 8450 from 2005? Lifey issy getty slammy?
| |o o| |

Re: Time to for an one in one color laser printer instead of inkjet?

<prukchhe1qjp9tfscab3ndhbcclrt2gt20@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=190&group=comp.periphs.printers#190

From: charlie@xxx.net (Charlie+)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 08:19:54 +0100
 by: Charlie+ - Sun, 10 Jul 2022 07:19 UTC

On Sat, 09 Jul 2022 17:17:35 -0500, ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote as
underneath :

>Ink cartridges are so expensive especially when printing a lot of web
>pages and documents at home in both colors and B&W with previous HP
>OfficeJet Pros (8600 and 8028e). Also, copying, scanning, and faxing
>through old fashion phone lines. Do toners last longer? Are laser ones
>any better even though they cost more? I noticed laser types are HUGE!
>Quality results aren't required, but nice to have for rare photos,
>cards, etc.
>
>Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

You CAN get full colour laser printing in Desktop size, mine is a
LaserJet CP1025, old and second hand years ago for 25 UKP, still
trucking on a treat. As soon as you add scanning, collating and other
things then laser printers get big and heavy and need maintenance. C+

Re: Time to for an one in one color laser printer instead of inkjet?

<nZmdnbCXu4vazVb_nZ2dnUU7-WWdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=191&group=comp.periphs.printers#191

From: ant@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 17:18:47 -0500
 by: Ant - Sun, 10 Jul 2022 22:18 UTC

In alt.comp.periphs.printers Charlie+ <charlie@xxx.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 09 Jul 2022 17:17:35 -0500, ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote as
> underneath :

> >Ink cartridges are so expensive especially when printing a lot of web
> >pages and documents at home in both colors and B&W with previous HP
> >OfficeJet Pros (8600 and 8028e). Also, copying, scanning, and faxing
> >through old fashion phone lines. Do toners last longer? Are laser ones
> >any better even though they cost more? I noticed laser types are HUGE!
> >Quality results aren't required, but nice to have for rare photos,
> >cards, etc.
> >
> >Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

> You CAN get full colour laser printing in Desktop size, mine is a
> LaserJet CP1025, old and second hand years ago for 25 UKP, still
> trucking on a treat. As soon as you add scanning, collating and other
> things then laser printers get big and heavy and need maintenance. C+

So, they don't make smaller sizes like inkjets' size like HP's 8028e.
--
Time to replace HP PhotoSmart 8450 from 2005? It's 7/11 eve! Dang young people's parties near the nest.
| |o o| |