From: ijones@jejejeje.it
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Subject: Eudora problem upon opening
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 12:29:49 +0200
 by: ijones@jejejeje.it - Wed, 16 Jun 2021 10:29 UTC

Hi, I use Eudora 7.1 and sometimes I get a problem when I open Eudora.
Fortunately I get this problem once or twice a month, but always. I
need to re-install Eudora on the old Eudora and the problem
disappears.
I attach you a pic:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xkovn5iqrwbp7w/Eudora%20problem.JPG?dl=0
How can I solve?
Thank you

Re: Eudora problem upon opening

<g87kcgps5mfj8c43134nki4vh4ctgdvhcs@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=191&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#191

From: wlfraed@ix.netcom.com (Dennis Lee Bieber)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Subject: Re: Eudora problem upon opening
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 11:53:19 -0400
 by: Dennis Lee Bieber - Wed, 16 Jun 2021 15:53 UTC

On Wed, 16 Jun 2021 12:29:49 +0200, ijones@jejejeje.it declaimed the
following:

>Hi, I use Eudora 7.1 and sometimes I get a problem when I open Eudora.
>Fortunately I get this problem once or twice a month, but always. I
>need to re-install Eudora on the old Eudora and the problem
>disappears.

This has been described earlier this week.. Copying from my response to
that message:

> That problem has always had an easy solution...
>
> Tools/Options/Extra Warnings
> UNCHECK Start Eudora and it's not the default mailer
>
>and use the Windows control panel for default application to select Eudora
>for email.
>
> And don't try to enable MAPI...

Starting, as I recall, with Win7, and definitely in Win10, M$ MOVED the
default application registry entries. Eudora writes its "default" to the
old location which doesn't work to change default application, and may even
be purged by Windows during updates or as some regular background function.
Running the installer is Admin mode, and has access to that old protected
location. When it gets purged, Eudora will pop up the above message because
User mode accounts do not have write access to that old location (it was, I
believe, a system wide -- all accounts -- location, the new default app
location is, I believe, for each user).

--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlfraed@ix.netcom.com http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/

Re: Eudora problem upon opening

<mlplcgpdd4l9g9o9dcfv20t160i23tk0g4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=193&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#193

From: ijones@jejejeje.it
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 08:08:15 +0200
 by: ijones@jejejeje.it - Thu, 17 Jun 2021 06:08 UTC

Hi Dennis, maybe I don't understand you well.
The config. of Eudora is OK.
In fact I already have "Start Eudora and it's not the default mailer"
unchecked.
Then I went on the Windows control panel and I have Eudora as the
default app. Look at the pic please:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4n66hjk7z9ths2l/Eudora%20Probl..JPG?dl=0
But despite all of this I get that problem.
Thanks for yoyr help.