From: nospam.ogg@f1.n106.z1.fidonet.org (ogg)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Signing into node 2 instead of node 1
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 10:25:04 +1300
 by: ogg - Tue, 18 Jul 2023 21:25 UTC

NB> Hello ogg,
NB>
NB> On Sun Jul 16 2023 18:27:34, you wrote to Kerr Avon:
NB>
NB> og> I ran nodespy and none of the 4 nodes were in use so no kill ghost
NB> og> node option was available.
NB>
NB> og> Additional info, when I run the /W (who's online), I see that I'm on
NB> og> node 2 with nobody on the others. I'm thinking of downgrading to A48
NB> og> and seeing if the issue goes away.
NB>
NB> og> I'll keep trying!
NB>
NB> FYI, I just tested this on my Mystic install, and I'm currently sitting
NB> on the node screen seeing myself logged into node 1. I'm currently
NB> using: Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 Linux/64 Compiled 2023/03/14 06:42:21.
NB>
NB> Then I noticed you were using a newer version, so I upgraded to the
NB> latest: Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 Linux/64 Compiled 2023/04/30 11:57:00, and
NB> I get the same results. However, I see you're using the Windows 64bit
NB> version, so that's the only clear difference I see.
NB>
NB> Before any questions, I telnetted over, and noticed your bot checker;
NB> after you hit escape twice, it says: "Detecting terminal emulation:
NB> |!botcheck1_2 TE detected." = I'm guessing there's a couple typos there,
NB> as it seems you're trying to run something called "botcheck1_2", but
NB> using the wrong pipe code or missing something there, and you need a
NB> pipe before TE in order for that second pipe code to actually work. Just
NB> with that one line, I'm going to take a wild stab at you may have a typo
NB> somewhere that's causing this. :)
The botcheck is an addon (smooth@phenomprod.com) that I've installed, not
written. I'll get into the code and see what I can see, but thanks for the
note!

NB> Bear with me, I haven't run Mystic on Windows in over a decade..
NB>
NB> How are you running the server (ie: what command line are you using)?

I'm using the "mis server" command. Nothing special.

NB> Do you have any events (see event editor) setup to run on node 1? If so,
NB> you may want to try changing those to your highest node number.. and
NB> don't forget to restart the mystic server after any changes.
No events that would specifically call out node 1.

NB> Do you have a local login ("mystic -l" or something similar) running in
NB> the background? Could take a look at your task manager and see if
NB> anything odd is running besides one instance of the mystic server itself.

I've been over all of the running services and nothing sticks out. As a side
note, I did install Mystic on a laptop running Ubuntu just to check things
out. It ran fine with logins starting with node 1. As soon as I moved the
screen, data and other files over from the windows board, I got the same node
2 issues. I suspect that the issue is with one of the "configuration" files
having either some sort of corruption (maybe my creation?) or configuration
issue. I just need to figure out which one.

NB> Regards,
NB> Nick

Thanks for the suggestions! I do appreciate it.

Scott

.... It said "insert disk #3", but only two will fit...

Signing into node 2 instead of node 1

<1690029287@f10.n154.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1895&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1895

From: nospam.Nicholas.Boel@f10.n154.z1.fidonet.org (Nicholas Boel)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2023 07:30:54 +1300
 by: Nicholas Boel - Fri, 21 Jul 2023 18:30 UTC

Hello ogg,

On Wed Jul 19 2023 10:25:04, you wrote to me:

og> I've been over all of the running services and nothing sticks out. As
og> a side note, I did install Mystic on a laptop running Ubuntu just to
og> check things out. It ran fine with logins starting with node 1. As
og> soon as I moved the screen, data and other files over from the windows
og> board, I got the same node 2 issues. I suspect that the issue is with
og> one of the "configuration" files having either some sort of corruption
og> (maybe my creation?) or configuration issue. I just need to figure
og> out which one.

A good place to look for that would be your mystic/data directory. I just
watched my data directory, and logged in to node 1, and the only file that was
created was 'chat1.dat', so if you have that file in your data directory while
NOT logged into your BBS.. it's safe to try to delete that file and see if that
helps.

Regards,
Nick

.... "Take my advice, I don't use it anyway."