From: nospam.Alejandro.Filimonchuk@f102.n900.z4.fidonet.org (Alejandro Filimonchuk)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Right to the lightbar message menu
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 18:17:37 +1300
 by: Alejandro Filimonchu - Wed, 10 May 2023 05:17 UTC

Well, thats my "issue":

My board uses the index message with all the groups and areas (very cool and
easy to navigate), but when you press enter over an echoarea, you go straight
to read messages... I want, though, to go directly to the lightbar men� with
the messages titles and authors (you know, the "L" when you are reading).

Ive tried several things, even changing my own user account, but "sadly" Im
still entering directly to the reading when I press enter... is there a way to
tune this?

More so: is there a way to, through a Menu Command, go directly to the lightbar
message menu of a specific echo?

Thanks!!

.... "A BlueWaver is someone who loves BlueWave products!" (C) DA 1993

Re: Right to the lightbar message menu

<1617308234@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1859&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1859

From: nospam.g00r00@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: Right to the lightbar message menu
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 01:31:11 +1300
 by: g00r00 - Sat, 20 May 2023 12:31 UTC

AF> My board uses the index message with all the groups and areas (very cool
AF> and easy to navigate), but when you press enter over an echoarea, you go
AF> straight to read messages... I want, though, to go directly to the
AF> lightbar men� with the messages titles and authors (you know, the "L"
AF> when you are reading).

You can edit msg_index.ini in your theme to enable starting in the list of
messages:

; Start reading at message index or not
no_index = false

.... No one knows what's next, but everybody does it.

Re: Right to the lightbar message menu

<2519876532@f102.n900.z4.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1863&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1863

From: nospam.Alejandro.Filimonchuk@f102.n900.z4.fidonet.org (Alejandro Filimonchuk)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 11:19:18 +1300
 by: Alejandro Filimonchu - Tue, 23 May 2023 22:19 UTC

Hi!
g0> You can edit msg_index.ini in your theme to enable starting in the list
g0> of messages:
g0>
g0> ; Start reading at message index or not
g0> no_index = false

Yeahhh! I missed that! Thanks!

.... A bore is a man who, when you ask him how he is, will tell you. - Bert Tay