"Money is the root of all money." -- the moving finger

computers / comp.sys.mac.vintage / Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?

SubjectAuthor
* Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?Ant
+- Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?philo
+* Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?Oregonian Haruspex
|+* Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?Ant
||`- Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?Oregonian Haruspex
|`- Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?OldbieOne
+* Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?CrimsonRE
|+- Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?Ant
|`- Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?OldbieOne
+* Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?Liz Tuddenham
|`- Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?Ant
+- Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?OldbieOne
+- Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?Sebastian P.
+- Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?Christopher Smith
+- Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?Knezzen
+- Re: System 7 Today resurrected and under new managementsnes1423
+* Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?Denodster
|`* Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?AndrĂ© G. Isaak
| `- Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?Denodster
`* Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?Stephen Thomas Cole
 `* Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?Knezzen
  `* Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?scole
   +* Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?James Perih
   |`* Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?D Finnigan
   | `- Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?James Perih
   `- Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?Knezzen

Pages:12
Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?

<contact-F5A0A0.17065717032024@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=185&group=comp.sys.mac.vintage#185

From: contact@unixfiles.org (Knezzen)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.vintage
Subject: Re: Who still here uses their very old Macs and their softwares?
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 17:06:57 +0100
 by: Knezzen - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 16:06 UTC

In article <050120241712125917%fleet101k@gmail.com>,
scole <fleet101k@gmail.com> wrote:

> In article <contact-225020.12284102012024@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Knezzen <contact@unixfiles.org> wrote:
>
> > In article <221220231403038752%usenet@stephenthomascole.com>,
> > Stephen Thomas Cole <usenet@stephenthomascole.com> wrote:

> > > I am still using an old Mac! I am posting this from a Power Mac G4
> > > running OS9. Newsreader is Thoth.
> > >
> > > Saw the news about Google Groups dropping Usenet and figured now might
> > > be a good time to get back into newsgroups, and what better way than on
> > > my old Mac. :)
> >
> > Sure! Writing this on my PowerBook G4 Titanium in Mac OS 9.2.2 using
> > MT-NewsWatcher as my Usenet client. I am involved in running two
> > websites dedicated to vintage Macintoshes as well, Macintosh Garden and
> > System 7 Today.
>
> I might start using MT-NW again, Thoth is proving a little unstable and
> has caused a few total system crashes... I'm not sure why, haven't
> tried to troubleshoot it, but it seems a bit buggy on this machine.
> Which is a shame, it's a really impressive newsreader.
>
> I run vintageapplemac.com, although I haven't done a thing with it in
> several years now... I pretty much zoned out on vintage Macs during the
> pandemic and am now only just getting back into the hobby. I do intend
> to start using my site again, have a couple of neat things I've
> acquired that need archiving and then sharing...
>
> > Usenet will hopefully outlive us all :)
>
> Absolutely it will, and with Google Groups and the associated spam
> abuse now out of the picture, it will hopefully be healthier for it.

Well, welcome back to this wonderful hobby, then! Join us at System 7
Today for some nice System 7 centric discussions, btw :)