Live Free or Live in Massachusetts.

computers / alt.comp.software.thunderbird / Re: Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?

SubjectAuthor
* Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?Ottavio Caruso
`* Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?Carlos E. R.
 +* Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?Big Al
 |+* Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?Carlos E. R.
 ||`* Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?Andy Burns
 || `- Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?Adam H. Kerman
 |`* Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?Andy Burns
 | +- Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?Andy Burns
 | `* Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?Adam H. Kerman
 |  `- Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?Paul
 `- Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?Ottavio Caruso

1
Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?

<uhvr4k$24cqo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1762&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#1762

From: ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com (Ottavio Caruso)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Subject: Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 09:45:56 +0000
 by: Ottavio Caruso - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 09:45 UTC

I know this can be done with Alpine, but can TB forward a copy of the
headers of a message without manually selecting, copying and pasting the
headers?

--
Ottavio Caruso

Re: Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?

<kqhb6tFdm1dU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1763&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#1763

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 11:15:57 +0100
 by: Carlos E. R. - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 10:15 UTC

On 2023-11-02 10:45, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> I know this can be done with Alpine, but can TB forward a copy of the
> headers of a message without manually selecting, copying and pasting the
> headers?

When you forward, you can select in the "message" menu to forward inline
or attached. In the later case, headers are included. I just tried with
your post.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?

<ui01gp$25phj$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1764&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#1764

From: Bears@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 07:34:48 -0400
 by: Big Al - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 11:34 UTC

On 11/2/23 06:15 AM, this is what Carlos E. R. wrote:
> On 2023-11-02 10:45, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
>> I know this can be done with Alpine, but can TB forward a copy of the headers of a message without manually selecting,
>> copying and pasting the headers?
>>

> When you forward, you can select in the "message" menu to forward inline or attached. In the later case, headers are
> included. I just tried with your post.

Well your reply didn't work on my end. I see no headers. I do however get them with emails. I'm always stripping them
off to be nice to my recipients. But I never see them in newsgroups. Maybe I've got some flag changed just for email.
Me personally I'd like to exclude them, but thank goodness for choice. And I do send all emails inline.
--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Al

Re: Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?

<kqhgqgFdm1dU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1765&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#1765

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 12:51:44 +0100
 by: Carlos E. R. - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 11:51 UTC

On 2023-11-02 12:34, Big Al wrote:
> On 11/2/23 06:15 AM, this is what Carlos E. R. wrote:
>> On 2023-11-02 10:45, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
>>> I know this can be done with Alpine, but can TB forward a copy of the
>>> headers of a message without manually selecting, copying and pasting
>>> the headers?
>>>

>> When you forward, you can select in the "message" menu to forward
>> inline or attached. In the later case, headers are included. I just
>> tried with your post.
>>
> Well your reply didn't work on my end. I see no headers.

I did not send them. Attachments are not allowed on Usenet.

>  I do however
> get them with emails.  I'm always stripping them off to be nice to my
> recipients.  But I never see them in newsgroups.  Maybe I've got some
> flag changed just for email. Me personally I'd like to exclude them, but
> thank goodness for choice.  And I do send all emails inline.

You must be talking of something else, this makes no sense.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?

<ui0b1t$27nvo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1766&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#1766

From: ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com (Ottavio Caruso)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 14:17:33 +0000
 by: Ottavio Caruso - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 14:17 UTC

Am 02/11/2023 um 10:15 schrieb Carlos E. R.:
> On 2023-11-02 10:45, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
>> I know this can be done with Alpine, but can TB forward a copy of the
>> headers of a message without manually selecting, copying and pasting
>> the headers?
>>

> When you forward, you can select in the "message" menu to forward inline
> or attached. In the later case, headers are included. I just tried with
> your post.

Thanks. This is handy but doesn't solve my problem.

--
Ottavio Caruso

Re: Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?

<kqhus4Fg0gfU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1770&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#1770

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 15:51:28 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 15:51 UTC

Carlos E. R. wrote:

> I did not send them. Attachments are not allowed on Usenet.
>
>>   I do however get them with emails.  I'm always stripping them off to
>> be nice to my recipients.  But I never see them in newsgroups.  Maybe
>> I've got some flag changed just for email. Me personally I'd like to
>> exclude them, but thank goodness for choice.  And I do send all emails
>> inline.
>
> You must be talking of something else, this makes no sense.

[Replying to see if it generates NBSP characters]

Re: Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?

<ui0jvb$2a30g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1771&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#1771

From: ahk@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 16:49:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 16:49 UTC

Andy Burns <usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:
>Carlos E. R. wrote:
>>I did not send them. Attachments are not allowed on Usenet.

>>>  I do however get them with emails.  I'm always stripping them off to
>>>be nice to my recipients.  But I never see them in newsgroups.  Maybe
>>>I've got some flag changed just for email. Me personally I'd like to
>>>exclude them, but thank goodness for choice.  And I do send all emails
>>>inline.

>>You must be talking of something else, this makes no sense.

>[Replying to see if it generates NBSP characters]

You quoted Carlos's quote of the O.P. Those non-breaking space
characters were quoted. You didn't add new ones.

Re: Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?

<kqi5udFl7buU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1772&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#1772

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 17:52:09 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 17:52 UTC

Big Al wrote:
> On 11/2/23 06:15 AM, this is what Carlos E. R. wrote:
>> On 2023-11-02 10:45, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
>>> I know this can be done with Alpine, but can TB forward a copy of the
>>> headers of a message without manually selecting, copying and pasting
>>> the headers?
>>>

>> When you forward, you can select in the "message" menu to forward
>> inline or attached. In the later case, headers are included. I just
>> tried with your post.
>>
> Well your reply didn't work on my end. I see no headers.   I do however
> get them with emails.  I'm always stripping them off to be nice to my
> recipients.  But I never see them in newsgroups.  Maybe I've got some
> flag changed just for email. Me personally I'd like to exclude them, but
> thank goodness for choice.  And I do send all emails inline.

[only replying to check for NBSP characters]

Re: Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?

<kqi6b6Fl7buU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1774&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#1774

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 17:58:57 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 17:58 UTC

Andy Burns wrote:
> Big Al wrote:
>>>>

>>> When you forward, you can select in the "message" menu to forward
>>> inline or attached. In the later case, headers are included. I just
>>> tried with your post.
>>>
>> Well your reply didn't work on my end. I see no headers.   I do
>> however get them with emails.  I'm always stripping them off to be
>> nice to my recipients.  But I never see them in newsgroups.  Maybe
>> I've got some flag changed just for email. Me personally I'd like to
>> exclude them, but thank goodness for choice.  And I do send all emails
>> inline.
>
> [only replying to check for NBSP characters]

this isn't a quote of a quote

Re: Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?

<ui0p2q$2b4en$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1776&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#1776

From: ahk@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 18:16:58 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 18:16 UTC

^

>>get them with emails.  I'm always stripping them off to be nice to my
^

>>recipients.  But I never see them in newsgroups.  Maybe I've got some
^ ^

>>flag changed just for email. Me personally I'd like to exclude them, but
>>thank goodness for choice.  And I do send all emails inline.
^

>[only replying to check for NBSP characters]

I indicated the ones added in your followup in quoted text.

Again, they'll be invisible in a UTF-8 environment.

Re: Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?

<ui2a94$2n0q1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1803&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#1803

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2023 04:16:35 -0400
 by: Paul - Fri, 3 Nov 2023 08:16 UTC

On 11/2/2023 2:16 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Andy Burns <usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:
>> Big Al wrote:

>>> Well your reply didn't work on my end. I see no headers.   I do however
> ^
>
>>> get them with emails.  I'm always stripping them off to be nice to my
> ^
>
>>> recipients.  But I never see them in newsgroups.  Maybe I've got some
> ^ ^
>
>>> flag changed just for email. Me personally I'd like to exclude them, but
>>> thank goodness for choice.  And I do send all emails inline.
> ^
>
>> [only replying to check for NBSP characters]
>
> I indicated the ones added in your followup in quoted text.
>
> Again, they'll be invisible in a UTF-8 environment.

Someones news client, composing in an HTML window and then sending as text-only ?
A Thunderbird wash-n-rinse cycle ?

Paul

computers / alt.comp.software.thunderbird / Re: Forward email with all headers without manually selecting?