19 May, 2024: Line wrapping has been changed to be more consistent with Usenet standards.

computers / comp.sys.mac.system / Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

SubjectAuthor
* DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messagTamborino
+* Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meYour Name
> [...]
|    |              `* Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meAnonymous
|    |               `* Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meAlan
|    |                `* Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meAnonymous
|    |                 `- Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meAlan
|    +- Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meYour Name
|    `* Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meAnonymous
|     `- Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meAlan
+- Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meAlan
+* Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meArno Welzel
|+* Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meAlan
||`- Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meArno Welzel
|`- Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meJörg Lorenz
`- Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS meJörg Lorenz

Pages:123
Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<uunbcu$u5kp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17890&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17890

From: bashley101@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android
when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 15:59:40 -0700
 by: The Real Bev - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 22:59 UTC

On 4/4/24 12:16 PM, Alan wrote:
> On 2024-04-04 09:44, The Real Bev wrote:

WTF does TINEOE stand for?

>> This Is Not End Of Everything?  Best I could come up with.
>>
>>> Why?
>>
>> Trump is better than Biden.  Period.  You vote against the greater evil.
>>  Besides, did Trump actually hurt you when he was in?
>
> Trump is a lying, cheating, defrauding conman who is severely
> compromised by Putin.
>
> What did Biden do that actually hurt you?
>
> Was it the falling unemployment?
>
> The GPD growth.. ...the record stock market... ...what?

As long as our President was genuinely unpredictable Putin minded his
own business. Having a loose cannon on your side is frequently a good
thing. In a pissing contest between our loose cannon and N. Korea's
loose cannon, guess who backs down.

--
Cheers, Bev
"I read about this syndrome called hypochondria in a

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<1qrilhn.1cqsqwu1xkwzcmN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17891&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17891

From: snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 00:10:57 +0100
iZ4vFDG
 by: Sn!pe - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 23:10 UTC

The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/4/24 12:16 PM, Alan wrote:

> WTF does TINEOE stand for?

There Is No Every One Else, ~obviously.~ Furrfu, TYOT.

> >> This Is Not End Of Everything? Best I could come up with.

[...]

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe, PA, FIBS - Professional Crastinator

My pet rock Gordon just is.

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<uuo0l1$167nh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17892&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17892

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 01:02:25 -0400
 by: Alan - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 05:02 UTC

On 2024-04-04 18:59, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 4/4/24 12:16 PM, Alan wrote:

> WTF does TINEOE stand for?
>
>>> This Is Not End Of Everything?  Best I could come up with.

>>> Trump is better than Biden.  Period.  You vote against the greater
>>> evil.   Besides, did Trump actually hurt you when he was in?
>>
>> Trump is a lying, cheating, defrauding conman who is severely
>> compromised by Putin.
>>
>> What did Biden do that actually hurt you?
>>
>> Was it the falling unemployment?
>>
>> The GPD growth.. ...the record stock market... ...what?
>
> As long as our President was genuinely unpredictable Putin minded his
> own business.  Having a loose cannon on your side is frequently a good
> thing.  In a pissing contest between our loose cannon and N. Korea's
> loose cannon, guess who backs down.

I notice how you shifted the comparison to North Korea suddenly.

And Trump was doing Putin's BIDDING, sunshine.

Putin meets with Trump.

Trump requests information on CIA assets around the world.

CIA assets start dying.

Do the math.

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<l79vbsFqv6iU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17893&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17893

From: usenet@arnowelzel.de (Arno Welzel)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 11:42:20 +0200
 by: Arno Welzel - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 09:42 UTC

Tamborino, 2024-04-01 02:55:

> This is the common misunderstanding with both RCS in general and Apple's
> update in particular. RCS is not end-to-end encrypted.

RCS *is* end-to-end encrypted. But this is not mandatory, so using
unencrypted connections is possible. But the Google messaging app in
Android will show you if the recipient has RCS and also if the
connection is encrypted.

> Yet, for conversations between Google Messages users, end-to-end encryption
> is now enabled on your Android phone by default.
> https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2024/03/30/new-apple-iphone-16-pro-max-and-ios-18-leak-googles-imessage-warning/
>
> So unlike iMessaging between iPhone users or Google Messaging between
> Android users, or more importantly WhatsApping between iPhone and Android
> users, RCS between iPhone and Android will not have that level of security.

But this is not the fault of RCS.

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<uupet5$1h7c1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17894&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17894

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 14:11:48 -0400
 by: Alan - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 18:11 UTC

On 2024-04-05 05:42, Arno Welzel wrote:
> Tamborino, 2024-04-01 02:55:
>
>> This is the common misunderstanding with both RCS in general and Apple's
>> update in particular. RCS is not end-to-end encrypted.
>
> RCS *is* end-to-end encrypted. But this is not mandatory, so using
> unencrypted connections is possible. But the Google messaging app in
> Android will show you if the recipient has RCS and also if the
> connection is encrypted.

Incorrect.

RCS as implemented by Google has end-to-end encryption.

The RCS standard does not have encryption as a part of it.

>> Yet, for conversations between Google Messages users, end-to-end encryption
>> is now enabled on your Android phone by default.
>> https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2024/03/30/new-apple-iphone-16-pro-max-and-ios-18-leak-googles-imessage-warning/
>>
>> So unlike iMessaging between iPhone users or Google Messaging between
>> Android users, or more importantly WhatsApping between iPhone and Android
>> users, RCS between iPhone and Android will not have that level of security.
>
> But this is not the fault of RCS.

It is actually.

Apple is not prepared to adopt Google's encryption, and given that
Google can't be trust with your privacy (Google Chrome sweeping up
information while in incognito mode, anyone?), can you blame Apple?

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<uutkbi$2m2ba$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17896&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17896

From: ithinkiam@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than
Android when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 08:09:22 -0000 (UTC)
<uunbcu$u5kp$1@dont-email.me>
sha1:oCVaOCdy8vTJOLih86KQLk2/HLo=
 by: Chris - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 08:09 UTC

The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/4/24 12:16 PM, Alan wrote:

> WTF does TINEOE stand for?
>
>>> This Is Not End Of Everything?  Best I could come up with.

>>> Trump is better than Biden.  Period.  You vote against the greater evil.
>>>  Besides, did Trump actually hurt you when he was in?
>>
>> Trump is a lying, cheating, defrauding conman who is severely
>> compromised by Putin.
>>
>> What did Biden do that actually hurt you?
>>
>> Was it the falling unemployment?
>>
>> The GPD growth.. ...the record stock market... ...what?
>
> As long as our President was genuinely unpredictable Putin minded his
> own business. Having a loose cannon on your side is frequently a good
> thing. In a pissing contest between our loose cannon and N. Korea's
> loose cannon, guess who backs down.

International diplomacy is not a playground pissing contest.

Trump is inept and a laughing stock around the world. He brought america
down to his gutter standard.

His only interest is himself. The first time he ran was to make money - and
he did hundreds of millions (including from your taxes) - and this time
it's to keep himself out of jail. He doesn't care about you or anyone else
in the US.

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<uv506s$3d51p$4@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17897&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17897

From: anon@anon.net (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 23:14:35 -0400
 by: Anonymous - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 03:14 UTC

Alan wrote:
> On 2024-04-04 09:44, The Real Bev wrote:

>> This Is Not End Of Everything?  Best I could come up with.
>>
>>> Why?
>>
>> Trump is better than Biden.  Period.  You vote against the greater evil.
>>   Besides, did Trump actually hurt you when he was in?
>
> Trump is a lying, cheating, defrauding conman who is severely compromised by Putin.
>
> What did Biden do that actually hurt you?
>
> Was it the falling unemployment?
>
> The GPD growth.. ...the record stock market... ...what?

United States GDP is fake and gay.

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<uv68ql$10u5v$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17898&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17898

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 10:47:48 -0400
 by: Alan - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 14:47 UTC

On 2024-04-09 23:14, Anonymous wrote:
> Alan wrote:

>>> This Is Not End Of Everything?  Best I could come up with.

>>> Trump is better than Biden.  Period.  You vote against the greater
>>> evil.   Besides, did Trump actually hurt you when he was in?
>>
>> Trump is a lying, cheating, defrauding conman who is severely
>> compromised by Putin.
>>
>> What did Biden do that actually hurt you?
>>
>> Was it the falling unemployment?
>>
>> The GPD growth.. ...the record stock market... ...what?
>>

> United States GDP is fake and gay.

Yes.

Every fact presented with which you disagree is fake.

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<uv7lcq$3kigb$3@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17899&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17899

From: anon@anon.net (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 23:28:25 -0400
 by: Anonymous - Thu, 11 Apr 2024 03:28 UTC

Alan wrote:
> On 2024-04-09 23:14, Anonymous wrote:
>> Alan wrote:

>>> Trump is a lying, cheating, defrauding conman who is severely compromised by
>>> Putin.
>>>
>>> What did Biden do that actually hurt you?
>>>
>>> Was it the falling unemployment?
>>>
>>> The GPD growth.. ...the record stock market... ...what?
>>>

>> United States GDP is fake and gay.
>
> Yes.
>
> Every fact presented with which you disagree is fake.

Why is Russia able to produce enough missiles and shells, and the United
States can't? That's a tell right there.

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<uv7mg1$1fotp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17900&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17900

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 23:47:11 -0400
 by: Alan - Thu, 11 Apr 2024 03:47 UTC

On 2024-04-10 23:28, Anonymous wrote:
> Alan wrote:

>>> United States GDP is fake and gay.
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> Every fact presented with which you disagree is fake.
>
> Why is Russia able to produce enough missiles and shells, and the United
> States can't? That's a tell right there.

And where do you get these supposed "facts"?

Where do you get that the US can't produce enough missiles OR shells?

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<uva7r6$3r9oj$4@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17901&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17901

From: anon@anon.net (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 22:55:34 -0400
 by: Anonymous - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 02:55 UTC

Alan wrote:
> On 2024-04-10 23:28, Anonymous wrote:
>> Alan wrote:

>>> Yes.
>>>
>>> Every fact presented with which you disagree is fake.
>>
>> Why is Russia able to produce enough missiles and shells, and the United
>> States can't? That's a tell right there.
>
> And where do you get these supposed "facts"?
>
> Where do you get that the US can't produce enough missiles OR shells?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/08/19/artillery-ammunition-ukraine-pentagon/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/03/08/us-weapons-manufacturing-ukraine/

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/18/politics/ukraine-critical-ammo-shortage-us-nato-grapple/index.html

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<uva94f$252jr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17902&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17902

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 20:17:35 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 03:17 UTC

On 2024-04-11 19:55, Anonymous wrote:
> Alan wrote:

>>> Why is Russia able to produce enough missiles and shells, and the United
>>> States can't? That's a tell right there.
>>
>> And where do you get these supposed "facts"?
>>
>> Where do you get that the US can't produce enough missiles OR shells?
>
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/08/19/artillery-ammunition-ukraine-pentagon/

Out of date.

> https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/03/08/us-weapons-manufacturing-ukraine/

Out of date.

> https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/18/politics/ukraine-critical-ammo-shortage-us-nato-grapple/index.html

Out of date.

But moreover, this in no way supports the idea that the US GDP figures
are fake.

All it shows is that the US needs to ramp up its production...

....which it is doing:

<https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/landwarfareintl/us-army-is-close-to-producing-80000-155mm-shells-per-month/>

<https://www.army.mil/article/273152/us_army_and_industry_partners_mobilize_to_boost_us_artillery_production>

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<uvaa8i$252jr$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17903&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17903

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 20:36:50 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 03:36 UTC

On 2024-04-11 19:55, Anonymous wrote:
> Alan wrote:

>>> Why is Russia able to produce enough missiles and shells, and the United
>>> States can't? That's a tell right there.
>>
>> And where do you get these supposed "facts"?
>>
>> Where do you get that the US can't produce enough missiles OR shells?
>
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/08/19/artillery-ammunition-ukraine-pentagon/
>
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/03/08/us-weapons-manufacturing-ukraine/
>
> https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/18/politics/ukraine-critical-ammo-shortage-us-nato-grapple/index.html

And I forgot to ask:

Where do you get your supposed "facts" about how many missiles and
shells Russia can produce?

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<l7t2ojFnr72U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17904&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17904

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
Android when RCS messaging is involved
Date: 12 Apr 2024 15:36:51 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 15:36 UTC

On 2024-04-12, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> On 2024-04-11 19:55, Anonymous wrote:
>> Alan wrote:

>>> And where do you get these supposed "facts"?
>>>
>>> Where do you get that the US can't produce enough missiles OR shells?
>>
>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/08/19/artillery-ammunition-ukraine-pentagon/
>>
>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/03/08/us-weapons-manufacturing-ukraine/
>>
>> https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/18/politics/ukraine-critical-ammo-shortage-us-nato-grapple/index.html
>
> And I forgot to ask:
>
> Where do you get your supposed "facts" about how many missiles and
> shells Russia can produce?

Straight from Mother Russia, of course.

JR

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<l7t5kpFo6cvU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17905&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17905

From: usenet@arnowelzel.de (Arno Welzel)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 18:26:02 +0200
 by: Arno Welzel - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 16:26 UTC

Alan, 2024-04-05 20:11:

> On 2024-04-05 05:42, Arno Welzel wrote:
>> Tamborino, 2024-04-01 02:55:
>>
>>> This is the common misunderstanding with both RCS in general and Apple's
>>> update in particular. RCS is not end-to-end encrypted.
>>
>> RCS *is* end-to-end encrypted. But this is not mandatory, so using
>> unencrypted connections is possible. But the Google messaging app in
>> Android will show you if the recipient has RCS and also if the
>> connection is encrypted.
>>

> Incorrect.
>
> RCS as implemented by Google has end-to-end encryption.
>
> The RCS standard does not have encryption as a part of it.

Yes, you're right. I stand corrected.

[...]
> Apple is not prepared to adopt Google's encryption, and given that
> Google can't be trust with your privacy (Google Chrome sweeping up
> information while in incognito mode, anyone?), can you blame Apple?

What is the difference? Messages get send anyway, just not encrypted
during transmission. But where is the security issue here?

It's more likely that Apple just does not want to implement stuff which
is not an official standard.

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<uvd7au$2kc8$4@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17906&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17906

From: anon@anon.net (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 02:05:18 -0400
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 06:05 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote:
> On 2024-04-12, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

>>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/08/19/artillery-ammunition-ukraine-pentagon/
>>>
>>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/03/08/us-weapons-manufacturing-ukraine/
>>>
>>> https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/18/politics/ukraine-critical-ammo-shortage-us-nato-grapple/index.html
>>
>> And I forgot to ask:
>>
>> Where do you get your supposed "facts" about how many missiles and
>> shells Russia can produce?
>
> Straight from Mother Russia, of course.

The approximate number of cruise missiles Russia has expended in the
Ukraine is known from observations.

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<uvd8kf$2kc8$5@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17907&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17907

From: anon@anon.net (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 02:27:26 -0400
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 06:27 UTC

Alan wrote:
> On 2024-04-11 19:55, Anonymous wrote:
>> Alan wrote:

>>> And where do you get these supposed "facts"?
>>>
>>> Where do you get that the US can't produce enough missiles OR shells?
>>
>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/08/19/artillery-ammunition-ukraine-pentagon/
>
> Out of date.
>

>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/03/08/us-weapons-manufacturing-ukraine/
>
> Out of date.
>

>> https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/18/politics/ukraine-critical-ammo-shortage-us-nato-grapple/index.html
>
> Out of date.
>
> But moreover, this in no way supports the idea that the US GDP figures are fake.
>
> All it shows is that the US needs to ramp up its production...

Which will take years, if at all.

> ...which it is doing:
>
> <https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/landwarfareintl/us-army-is-close-to-producing-80000-155mm-shells-per-month/>
>
> <https://www.army.mil/article/273152/us_army_and_industry_partners_mobilize_to_boost_us_artillery_production>

Which is not enough:

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/03/10/politics/russia-artillery-shell-production-us-europe-ukraine/index.html

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-says-its-production-artillery-shells-has-soared-by-nearly-150-year-2024-03-21/

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<uve9ot$32uup$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17908&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17908

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 08:53:01 -0700
 by: Alan - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 15:53 UTC

On 2024-04-12 23:27, Anonymous wrote:
> Alan wrote:

>>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/08/19/artillery-ammunition-ukraine-pentagon/
>>
>> Out of date.
>>

>>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/03/08/us-weapons-manufacturing-ukraine/
>>
>> Out of date.
>>

>>> https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/18/politics/ukraine-critical-ammo-shortage-us-nato-grapple/index.html
>>
>> Out of date.
>>
>> But moreover, this in no way supports the idea that the US GDP figures
>> are fake.
>>
>> All it shows is that the US needs to ramp up its production...
>
> Which will take years, if at all.

Which is already happening.

>> ...which it is doing:
>>
>> <https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/landwarfareintl/us-army-is-close-to-producing-80000-155mm-shells-per-month/>
>>
>> <https://www.army.mil/article/273152/us_army_and_industry_partners_mobilize_to_boost_us_artillery_production>
>>

> Which is not enough:
>
> https://edition.cnn.com/2024/03/10/politics/russia-artillery-shell-production-us-europe-ukraine/index.html
>
> https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-says-its-production-artillery-shells-has-soared-by-nearly-150-year-2024-03-21/

And you believe what Russia says?

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<uve9ps$32uup$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17909&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17909

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 08:53:31 -0700

On 2024-04-12 23:05, Anonymous wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote:

>>> And I forgot to ask:
>>>
>>> Where do you get your supposed "facts" about how many missiles and
>>> shells Russia can produce?
>>
>> Straight from Mother Russia, of course.
>>

> The approximate number of cruise missiles Russia has expended in the
> Ukraine is known from observations.

But not the number that they've manufactured, doofus.

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<uvecpd$33fj1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17910&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17910

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 18:44:29 +0200
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 16:44 UTC

On 01.04.2024 02:55, Tamborino wrote:
> This is the common misunderstanding with both RCS in general and Apple's
> update in particular. RCS is not end-to-end encrypted.

Arlen again.Troll.

From: Tamborino <tamborinonospam@gomail.com.ua>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
Android when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 00:55:13 -0000 (UTC)

"Ave Caesar! Morituri te salutant!"

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<uvfo2f$9dr7$4@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17911&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17911

From: anon@anon.net (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 01:03:09 -0400
<uukmmf$6op7$1@dont-email.me> <uuks3l$7ss7$1@dont-email.me>
<uuktv2$88f6$1@dont-email.me> <uul0n2$ciq7$1@dont-email.me>
<1qrgygg.1tnzzz81amxu88N%snipeco.2@gmail.com> <uumjcp$odfm$1@dont-email.me>
<uumldn$or9g$1@dont-email.me> <uumu9r$r0ej$1@dont-email.me>
<uv506s$3d51p$4@news.mixmin.net> <uv68ql$10u5v$3@dont-email.me>
<uv7lcq$3kigb$3@news.mixmin.net> <uv7mg1$1fotp$1@dont-email.me>
<uva7r6$3r9oj$4@news.mixmin.net> <uvaa8i$252jr$3@dont-email.me>
<l7t2ojFnr72U1@mid.individual.net> <uvd7au$2kc8$4@news.mixmin.net>
<uve9ps$32uup$2@dont-email.me>
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 14 Apr 2024 05:03 UTC

Alan wrote:
> On 2024-04-12 23:05, Anonymous wrote:
>> Jolly Roger wrote:

>>> Straight from Mother Russia, of course.
>>>

>> The approximate number of cruise missiles Russia has expended in the
>> Ukraine is known from observations.
>
> But not the number that they've manufactured, doofus.

The United States produces some 150 Tomahawk cruise missiles a year.
Russia has expended somewhere around 5,000 similar missiles as of a
year ago. Russia hasn't run out.

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<uvftd1$3gk7l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17912&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17912

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 23:34:09 -0700
<uukmmf$6op7$1@dont-email.me> <uuks3l$7ss7$1@dont-email.me>
<uuktv2$88f6$1@dont-email.me> <uul0n2$ciq7$1@dont-email.me>
<1qrgygg.1tnzzz81amxu88N%snipeco.2@gmail.com> <uumjcp$odfm$1@dont-email.me>
<uumldn$or9g$1@dont-email.me> <uumu9r$r0ej$1@dont-email.me>
<uv506s$3d51p$4@news.mixmin.net> <uv68ql$10u5v$3@dont-email.me>
<uv7lcq$3kigb$3@news.mixmin.net> <uv7mg1$1fotp$1@dont-email.me>
<uva7r6$3r9oj$4@news.mixmin.net> <uvaa8i$252jr$3@dont-email.me>
<l7t2ojFnr72U1@mid.individual.net> <uvd7au$2kc8$4@news.mixmin.net>
<uve9ps$32uup$2@dont-email.me> <uvfo2f$9dr7$4@news.mixmin.net>
 by: Alan - Sun, 14 Apr 2024 06:34 UTC

On 2024-04-13 22:03, Anonymous wrote:
> Alan wrote:

>>> The approximate number of cruise missiles Russia has expended in the
>>> Ukraine is known from observations.
>>
>> But not the number that they've manufactured, doofus.
>
> The United States produces some 150 Tomahawk cruise missiles a year.
> Russia has expended somewhere around 5,000 similar missiles as of a
> year ago. Russia hasn't run out.

What does that prove, doofus?

For all you know, they have no more.

And where do you get your figures on how many "similar missiles" (does
that mean cruise missiles or just missiles?) Russia has used, doofus?
Russia again?

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<uvi4kf$f8km$4@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17913&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17913

From: anon@anon.net (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 22:49:50 -0400
<uukmmf$6op7$1@dont-email.me> <uuks3l$7ss7$1@dont-email.me>
<uuktv2$88f6$1@dont-email.me> <uul0n2$ciq7$1@dont-email.me>
<1qrgygg.1tnzzz81amxu88N%snipeco.2@gmail.com> <uumjcp$odfm$1@dont-email.me>
<uumldn$or9g$1@dont-email.me> <uumu9r$r0ej$1@dont-email.me>
<uv506s$3d51p$4@news.mixmin.net> <uv68ql$10u5v$3@dont-email.me>
<uv7lcq$3kigb$3@news.mixmin.net> <uv7mg1$1fotp$1@dont-email.me>
<uva7r6$3r9oj$4@news.mixmin.net> <uvaa8i$252jr$3@dont-email.me>
<l7t2ojFnr72U1@mid.individual.net> <uvd7au$2kc8$4@news.mixmin.net>
<uve9ps$32uup$2@dont-email.me> <uvfo2f$9dr7$4@news.mixmin.net>
<uvftd1$3gk7l$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Anonymous - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 02:49 UTC

Alan wrote:
> On 2024-04-13 22:03, Anonymous wrote:
>> Alan wrote:

>>> But not the number that they've manufactured, doofus.
>>
>> The United States produces some 150 Tomahawk cruise missiles a year.
>> Russia has expended somewhere around 5,000 similar missiles as of a
>> year ago. Russia hasn't run out.
>
> What does that prove, doofus?

That Russia can outproduce the United States in weaponry at the very
least.

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<uvia1j$3imo$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17914&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17914

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 21:22:11 -0700
<uukmmf$6op7$1@dont-email.me> <uuks3l$7ss7$1@dont-email.me>
<uuktv2$88f6$1@dont-email.me> <uul0n2$ciq7$1@dont-email.me>
<1qrgygg.1tnzzz81amxu88N%snipeco.2@gmail.com> <uumjcp$odfm$1@dont-email.me>
<uumldn$or9g$1@dont-email.me> <uumu9r$r0ej$1@dont-email.me>
<uv506s$3d51p$4@news.mixmin.net> <uv68ql$10u5v$3@dont-email.me>
<uv7lcq$3kigb$3@news.mixmin.net> <uv7mg1$1fotp$1@dont-email.me>
<uva7r6$3r9oj$4@news.mixmin.net> <uvaa8i$252jr$3@dont-email.me>
<l7t2ojFnr72U1@mid.individual.net> <uvd7au$2kc8$4@news.mixmin.net>
<uve9ps$32uup$2@dont-email.me> <uvfo2f$9dr7$4@news.mixmin.net>
<uvftd1$3gk7l$1@dont-email.me> <uvi4kf$f8km$4@news.mixmin.net>
 by: Alan - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 04:22 UTC

On 2024-04-14 19:49, Anonymous wrote:
> Alan wrote:

>>> The United States produces some 150 Tomahawk cruise missiles a year.
>>> Russia has expended somewhere around 5,000 similar missiles as of a
>>> year ago. Russia hasn't run out.
>>
>> What does that prove, doofus?
>
> That Russia can outproduce the United States in weaponry at the very
> least.

Simply wrong, doofus.

Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved

<uvl18p$mdmk$4@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17915&group=comp.sys.mac.system#17915

From: anon@anon.net (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 01:10:48 -0400
<uukmmf$6op7$1@dont-email.me> <uuks3l$7ss7$1@dont-email.me>
<uuktv2$88f6$1@dont-email.me> <uul0n2$ciq7$1@dont-email.me>
<1qrgygg.1tnzzz81amxu88N%snipeco.2@gmail.com> <uumjcp$odfm$1@dont-email.me>
<uumldn$or9g$1@dont-email.me> <uumu9r$r0ej$1@dont-email.me>
<uv506s$3d51p$4@news.mixmin.net> <uv68ql$10u5v$3@dont-email.me>
<uv7lcq$3kigb$3@news.mixmin.net> <uv7mg1$1fotp$1@dont-email.me>
<uva7r6$3r9oj$4@news.mixmin.net> <uvaa8i$252jr$3@dont-email.me>
<l7t2ojFnr72U1@mid.individual.net> <uvd7au$2kc8$4@news.mixmin.net>
<uve9ps$32uup$2@dont-email.me> <uvfo2f$9dr7$4@news.mixmin.net>
<uvftd1$3gk7l$1@dont-email.me> <uvi4kf$f8km$4@news.mixmin.net>
<uvia1j$3imo$2@dont-email.me>
 by: Anonymous - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 05:10 UTC

Alan wrote:
> On 2024-04-14 19:49, Anonymous wrote:
>> Alan wrote:

>>> What does that prove, doofus?
>>
>> That Russia can outproduce the United States in weaponry at the very
>> least.
>
> Simply wrong, doofus.

The industrial base of the United States has been hollowed out, and we
aren't producing more because we CAN'T. Stop being a retard.

https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2024/02/06/supplier-bottlenecks-threaten-us-navy-effort-to-grow-arms-stockpiles/