The number of arguments is unimportant unless some of them are correct. -- Ralph Hartley

computers / alt.comp.software.firefox / Display of page gone awry on FF 120.0.1

SubjectAuthor
* Display of page gone awry on FF 120.0.1occam
+* Display of page gone awry on FF 120.0.1VanguardLH
|`* Display of page gone awry on FF 120.0.1occam
| `- Display of page gone awry on FF 120.0.1Dave Roya
+- Display of page gone awry on FF 120.0.1Ralph Fox
`- Display of page gone awry on FF 120.0.1Andy Burns

1
Display of page gone awry on FF 120.0.1

<kt094eFmcgrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1782&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1782

From: occam@nowhere.nix (occam)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Subject: Display of page gone awry on FF 120.0.1
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 09:45:02 +0100
 by: occam - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 08:45 UTC

Hi

I'm running FF 120.0.1 (latest) on Win 10.

In one of the recent FF updates, the matrix of numbers on this page
stopped displaying. It is a cross-currency matrix of international
exchange rates.

<https://www.tradingview.com/markets/currencies/cross-rates-europe-and-americas-prices/>

My fall-back browsers (e.g. Brave, Edge) have no problem displaying the
page. Additionally, FF ESR 115.1.0 on my laptop (Win 7) also displays
the page correctly.

What am I missing? Have there been any FF settings changes in the recent
v120.x.x updates?

I have tried turning off my add-ons (Group Speed Dial, UBlock Origin)
one at a time, with no luck.

Re: Display of page gone awry on FF 120.0.1

<lxjsf75weqpo.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1783&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1783

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Subject: Re: Display of page gone awry on FF 120.0.1
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 02:54:19 -0600
Sender: V@nguard.LH
 by: VanguardLH - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 08:54 UTC

occam <occam@nowhere.nix> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm running FF 120.0.1 (latest) on Win 10.
>
> In one of the recent FF updates, the matrix of numbers on this page
> stopped displaying. It is a cross-currency matrix of international
> exchange rates.
>
> <https://www.tradingview.com/markets/currencies/cross-rates-europe-and-americas-prices/>
>
> My fall-back browsers (e.g. Brave, Edge) have no problem displaying the
> page. Additionally, FF ESR 115.1.0 on my laptop (Win 7) also displays
> the page correctly.
>
> What am I missing? Have there been any FF settings changes in the recent
> v120.x.x updates?
>
> I have tried turning off my add-ons (Group Speed Dial, UBlock Origin)
> one at a time, with no luck.

I using the same version of Windows and Firefox, and the table displays
okay. Have you tried refreshing Firefox (which creates a new profile),
and testing under that new profile? The new profile will not only be
devoid of any add-ons you installed in the old profile, but also be
devoid of any config/about:config tweaks you made in the old profile.

Have you tried flushing all locally cached data in Firefox? Perhaps
you're still trying to use the cached version of the web page. You
could also visit the web page, and hit Ctrl+F5 to force a download of
the web page instead of using the cached version.

Re: Display of page gone awry on FF 120.0.1

<kt0efhFo7prU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1789&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1789

From: occam@nowhere.nix (occam)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 11:16:17 +0100
 by: occam - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 10:16 UTC

On 02/12/2023 09:54, VanguardLH wrote:
> occam <occam@nowhere.nix> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm running FF 120.0.1 (latest) on Win 10.
>>
>> In one of the recent FF updates, the matrix of numbers on this page
>> stopped displaying. It is a cross-currency matrix of international
>> exchange rates.
>>
>> <https://www.tradingview.com/markets/currencies/cross-rates-europe-and-americas-prices/>
>>
>> My fall-back browsers (e.g. Brave, Edge) have no problem displaying the
>> page. Additionally, FF ESR 115.1.0 on my laptop (Win 7) also displays
>> the page correctly.
>>
>> What am I missing? Have there been any FF settings changes in the recent
>> v120.x.x updates?
>>
>> I have tried turning off my add-ons (Group Speed Dial, UBlock Origin)
>> one at a time, with no luck.
>
> I using the same version of Windows and Firefox, and the table displays
> okay. Have you tried refreshing Firefox (which creates a new profile),
> and testing under that new profile? The new profile will not only be
> devoid of any add-ons you installed in the old profile, but also be
> devoid of any config/about:config tweaks you made in the old profile.
>
> Have you tried flushing all locally cached data in Firefox? Perhaps
> you're still trying to use the cached version of the web page. You
> could also visit the web page, and hit Ctrl+F5 to force a download of
> the web page instead of using the cached version.

Thanks VanguardLH. I flushed the cache using Ctrl+F5. It worked. However
it still surprises me that it would be so persistent.

During a working-day, each cell of the matrix changes every second,
every time the exchange rate changes, in near real-time. The screen is
flashing all the time, with green (+) and red (-) movements of the
exchange rate pairs.

I don't understand how the FF cache would have 'locked up' for several
days, as it did.

In any case, problem solved for now. Thanks again.

Re: Display of page gone awry on FF 120.0.1

<0v0mmi5hgdudffn9n2v6p03dhk0j8ckvkk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1790&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1790

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2023 23:23:24 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 10:23 UTC

On Sat, 2 Dec 2023 09:45:02 +0100, occam wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm running FF 120.0.1 (latest) on Win 10.
>
> In one of the recent FF updates, the matrix of numbers on this page
> stopped displaying. It is a cross-currency matrix of international
> exchange rates.
>
> <https://www.tradingview.com/markets/currencies/cross-rates-europe-and-americas-prices/>
>
> My fall-back browsers (e.g. Brave, Edge) have no problem displaying the
> page. Additionally, FF ESR 115.1.0 on my laptop (Win 7) also displays
> the page correctly.
>
> What am I missing? Have there been any FF settings changes in the recent
> v120.x.x updates?
>
> I have tried turning off my add-ons (Group Speed Dial, UBlock Origin)
> one at a time, with no luck.

Works for me. Looks the same in both FF 120.0.1 and Chrome.

Suggestion: have you tried clearing your FF cache?

--
Kind regards
Ralph Fox

Look before you leap, For snakes among sweet flowers do creep.

Re: Display of page gone awry on FF 120.0.1

<ukf4fb$2bcqa$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1793&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1793

From: dave@dave123royal.com (Dave Roya)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 11:29:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dave Roya - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 11:29 UTC

On 2 Dec 2023 11:16:17 +0100 occam wrote:

>Thanks VanguardLH. I flushed the cache using Ctrl+F5. It worked. However
>it still surprises me that it would be so persistent.
>
>During a working-day, each cell of the matrix changes every second,
>every time the exchange rate changes, in near real-time. The screen is
>flashing all the time, with green (+) and red (-) movements of the
>exchange rate pairs.
>
>I don't understand how the FF cache would have 'locked up' for several
>days, as it did.
>
>In any case, problem solved for now. Thanks again.

My guess is that the site itself changed and some file - a stylesheet say
- wasn't updated in the cache. It may have been fetching the data but it
was invisible. Which suggests a cache-control or configuration management
failure.

If the site uses serviceworkers (search in about:serviceworkers) that may
be involved. You can look in developer tools>network and see whether
requests are met from a serviceworker cache.
--
(Remove numerics from email address)

Re: Display of page gone awry on FF 120.0.1

<kt0nd0FphodU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1801&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1801

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 12:48:32 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 12:48 UTC

occam wrote:

> I'm running FF 120.0.1 (latest) on Win 10.
>
> In one of the recent FF updates, the matrix of numbers on this page
> stopped displaying. It is a cross-currency matrix of international
> exchange rates.

I was running 120.0, the currency grid displayed ok, then I let my
firefox upgrade to 120.0.1, and the grid is still ok ...

computers / alt.comp.software.firefox / Display of page gone awry on FF 120.0.1